Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Price too low?

Old 08-01-2014, 07:49 AM
ajkarimi7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price too low?

Hey,

Hows it going everyone. I just needed some advice on this potential buy.

Here is the link: http://sayvilleford.com/Long-Island-...-Car/29803782/

For the amount of milage & assuming everything is running clean, isn't the price too low? I'm fairly new to the Z market and don't know what to expect unlike you guys. I'm looking to purchase it either today or this weekend. Please let me know the best I could potentially buy with around 11-12k. Thanks guys.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:35 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Hard to say what pricing in your area should be, but that price doesn't look at all LOW to me. Check Kbb.com or Edmunds to be sure. I'd also be skeptical about the condition of that Z, though. It's got repainted track alloys, although it's most likely a touring model with leather seats. The aftermarket gauge package on the DS A-pillar makes me wonder if this car hasn't been turbo'd in the past and parts taken off due to the shortblock getting shaky. Get it independently assessed by a tech you pay before going any further- caveat emptor!
Old 08-01-2014, 09:46 AM
ajkarimi7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmura
Hard to say what pricing in your area should be, but that price doesn't look at all LOW to me. Check Kbb.com or Edmunds to be sure. I'd also be skeptical about the condition of that Z, though. It's got repainted track alloys, although it's most likely a touring model with leather seats. The aftermarket gauge package on the DS A-pillar makes me wonder if this car hasn't been turbo'd in the past and parts taken off due to the shortblock getting shaky. Get it independently assessed by a tech you pay before going any further- caveat emptor!
Well I'm in the Long Island area, and from what I've seen on craigslist, a lot of Z's with that type of milage go for 14-15k or so. I'm just really trying to avoid buying the car and having to find out in a month or so that there is a big issue with it. I've been wanting to buy a Z for a while and since my school upstate has ridiculously low insurance rates, I thought now would be the perfect time. I appreciate the feedback btw.