Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Wanna buy 350z but i have a question

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 03:01 PM
35zwanted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanna buy 350z but i have a question

Hello everyone. !

I just sold my 2006 alfa brera 2.2 and willing to buy 2005 350z coz i like to have more power.. But i have a questions.

1.Most of the people said that 350z has very low comfort.Every street noise, you will get on your body.. something like that.I know this is japanese performance car but it has really such a low comfort ?

2.With some expensive suspension, (tein , etc), i can earn the comfort and some pretty spring ?

3. I heard stock 350z has 5.9 second to 0-60.I wanna tune twin turbo kit and after this, it will be around 420-450 hp.So average 0-60 will be like under 5 sec?.

4.Corvette c5 2000 and 350z same price on my country.Worth to buy c5 ?.Which one has more driving pleasure ?

I love you all, thank you !!.

Last edited by 35zwanted; 01-09-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:25 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by 35zwanted
Hello everyone. !

I just sold my 2006 alfa brera 2.2 and willing to buy 2005 350z coz i like to have more power.. But i have a questions.

1.Most of the people said that 350z has very low comfort.Every street noise, you will get on your body.. something like that.I know this is japanese performance car but it has really such a low comfort ?

2.With some expensive suspension, (tein , etc), i can earn the comfort and some pretty spring ?

3. I heard stock 350z has 5.9 second to 0-60.I wanna tune twin turbo kit and after this, it will be around 420-450 hp.So average 0-60 will be like under 5 sec?.

4.Corvette c5 2000 and 350z same price on my country.Worth to buy c5 ?.Which one has more driving pleasure ?

I love you all, thank you !!.
OK, well, it's all subjective and comparing to what?

Comfort - compared to my Highlander, both our Z's are horribly uncomfortable. But that's the thing, in the grand scheme of things, there are far more uncomfortable cars than a 350/370Z. If you look at it from the perspective that it is a sports/GT car, you best be ready to make some tradeoff on comfort, vis a vis a Cadillac, say.

If you swap suspension to a performance oriented setup, e.g. Tein coilovers, you are in for a rude awakening if the stock Z is "uncomfortable" to you.

----------

Factory stock Z of that vintage runs mid 5 second range (manual trans) give/take and depending on who's driving.

If you go F/I and can put that much power down to the ground without excessive wheel spin, sure, you can get it under 5 seconds, no problem (For comparison: my wife's 370 Nizz runs low-mid 4's with "only" 350bhp if you turn off all the electronic gadgets.....)

-----------

Almost bought a Z06 last year and they are indeed fun cars but worth it over a Z? That rests with you.

I could sum this whole note up with one sentence:

Go out and drive both cars (as many as you can to get more seat time) and see which you like better. FWIW, the Vettes here in my part of the world are pricier than comparable Z cars, so in a country where they are the same price, it all comes down to personal preference.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:09 PM
venture210

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Find one at a used car dealership, test drive it, make up your own opinions on comfort and power.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:42 PM
savedbygrace

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey there, I think I can help you a lot

Here goes:

The Z is not uncomfortable...the seats are actually very comfortable, but of course I understand you're referring to the suspension. Also, it's not that every street noise is heard, except...when you're on rougher road..then it's a racket. However, there are fixes for the noise that are easy to do. Install some sound dampening in the doors, hatchback, and area behind the seats (the empty storage space basically), and it helps a lot. (look up Second Skin products, this is ideal) The other thing you can do to quiet road noise is find tires that are good with both handling and road noise. Lastly, install some sound dampening on the fenders inside the hatch, that will quiet down the sound of pebbles bouncing off the wheel wells while you're driving...normally in a stock Z on a rough road or in the rain you can hear the pebbles hitting the fender in a way that's louder than many cars...but just install the sound dampening and it helps a ton. You can also install a layer or two of what's called "sludge" from Second Skin up in the wheel wells and that will help even more.

A favorite tire for the Z for daily driving that has very nice performance and comfort and is quiet is the Hankook Ventus V12. Very very nice tire.

No need to get an expensive suspension to improve comfort. Just buy SWIFT Spec R springs (about $320). They're fantastic, drop the Z about 1", and ride better than stock. If you want to soften the ride further just put G35 shocks on the car, or spend much more money on Koni Yellows and run them on full soft in the rear. And remember....Hankook Ventus V12 tires...they make a big difference in comfort.

Many ways to get above 400hp, even with a single rear mount turbo. If you have ten grand to spend on top of the price of the Z, then sure, go twin turbo, and send me ten grand while you're at it so I can too. 0-60 will also depend on how well you shift, but sure...around or under 5 seconds is doable.

You need to drive them and decide for yourself really.

Hope this helps,

Saved

Last edited by savedbygrace; 01-09-2015 at 08:49 PM.