MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Buying/Leasing (https://my350z.com/forum/buying-leasing-396/)
-   -   Requesting insight on a possible buy (https://my350z.com/forum/buying-leasing/606558-requesting-insight-on-a-possible-buy.html)

kyin 09-11-2015 11:44 AM

Requesting insight on a possible buy

Hi everyone, so I have been looking for a Z for about 2 weeks now and have done my fair research on them. I found a stock 2008 PPW Enthusiast with approx. 56K miles on it for 15k. (w/ upgraded stereo & viper alarm)

I'm looking for a car that wont spend most of its life in my garage being fixed. (Coming from a supra). The only issues I have heard about is the slave cylinder going bad (in the 2007), and the airbag recall for the 2008.

So my question is, are the slave cylinder issue apparent in the 2008's?
Are there any other problems I should look out for right now / in the future?
Is this a good buy?

I'm looking to daily drive this. An average week consists of 75-80% highway miles.

travlee 09-11-2015 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by kyin (Post 10651502)
Hi everyone, so I have been looking for a Z for about 2 weeks now and have done my fair research on them. I found a stock 2008 PPW Enthusiast with approx. 56K miles on it for 15k.

I'm looking for a car that wont spend most of its life in my garage being fixed. (Coming from a supra). The only issues I have heard about is the slave cylinder going back (in the 2007), and the airbag recall for the 2008.

So my question is, are the slave cylinder issue apparent in the 2008's?
Are there any other problems I should look out for right now / in the future?
Is this a good buy?

I'm looking to daily drive this. An average week consists of 75-80% highway miles.

it can happen on the 07/08, and 09 convertibles. i had my car 6 weeks and it went out, replaced it with oem stuff, went out less than year later... replace it one time with the zspeed setup and never look back. lower inner bushings might go out on ya, lower ball joints may split open and leak, rear diff bushing may blow out on you. nothing real major.

that is a good price, mine had a little higher miles and sold it for not much under that price

PP08HR 09-11-2015 11:50 AM

Dude that is an awesome car at a great price.

I recently picked up my 08 PPW with 52k on it for 15.5K

I haven't had an issue with anything yet. I've heard about the slave but figure I'll wait till I need a clutch or it goes out.

But F yeah bro get it!

kyin 09-11-2015 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by travlee (Post 10651504)
it can happen on the 07/08, and 09 convertibles. i had my car 6 weeks and it went out, replaced it with oem stuff, went out less than year later... replace it one time with the zspeed setup and never look back. lower inner bushings might go out on ya, lower ball joints may split open and leak, rear diff bushing may blow out on you. nothing real major.

that is a good price, mine had a little higher miles and sold it for not much under that price

Thanks for the heads up! Btw what kind of lip would you suggest? (Since you think ebay lips are horrible)

Originally Posted by PP08HR (Post 10651506)

I haven't had an issue with anything yet. I've heard about the slave but figure I'll wait till I need a clutch or it goes out.

But F yeah bro get it!

sounds great! ill post some pics next Tuesday. The current owner says its in the shop getting a brand new front bumper painted and installed right now. If you do ever start to has issues lmk!

travlee 09-11-2015 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by kyin (Post 10651508)
Thanks for the heads up! Btw what kind of lip would you suggest? (Since you think ebay lips are horrible)

sounds great! ill post some pics next Tuesday. The current owner says its in the shop getting a brand new front bumper painted and installed right now. If you do ever start to has issues lmk!

i see my reputation precedes me. :icon30:

i had the stillen splitter on mine, the reason i hate the ebay one is, its big, clunky, and nobody ever paints it. if it was painted it prob wouldnt look that bad

dkmura 09-11-2015 05:25 PM

Pay a pro tech to do a complete mechanical assessment of the car. It's worth a couple hundred bucks and way better than what we can guess at from behind a computer screen.

MicVelo 09-11-2015 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by dkmura (Post 10651650)
Pay a pro tech to do a complete mechanical assessment of the car. It's worth a couple hundred bucks and way better than what we can guess at from behind a computer screen.

^^^ This.

Where in CA are you? If you're in the SF Bay Area, I'd recommend - everyone hold your breath, it's coming once again - Z Car Garage in San Jose.

My praise postings for Rob and his crew there number second to the number of times I say, "Driving School". Heh heh..... :rolleyes:

kyin 09-11-2015 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by MicVelo (Post 10651664)
^^^ This.

Where in CA are you? If you're in the SF Bay Area, I'd recommend - everyone hold your breath, it's coming once again - Z Car Garage in San Jose.

My praise postings for Rob and his crew there number second to the number of times I say, "Driving School". Heh heh..... :rolleyes:

Sadly I'm located in so-cal

franknstn 09-14-2015 09:40 AM

This is solid! I got my 07 6MT 60k miles 2owner for 15.5 and I thought I jumped on it, its been three weeks now and I still look around on what I might have missed, nothing but salvages and rebuilts or autos. Really happy with what I got and fair price I believe.

bayu 09-22-2015 08:21 AM

http://budpics.ga/2/o.png

But F yeah bro get it!

good idea.i like it

stepen 09-29-2015 06:57 AM

I haven't had an issue with anything yet. I've heard about the slave but figure I'll wait till I need a clutch or it goes out.http://budpics.ga/6/o.png

But F yeah bro get it!

nice interesting