MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Buying/Leasing (https://my350z.com/forum/buying-leasing-396/)
-   -   A good deal or not ? Should I get it ? (https://my350z.com/forum/buying-leasing/606635-a-good-deal-or-not-should-i-get-it.html)

Upstreammiami 09-15-2015 08:34 PM

A good deal or not ? Should I get it ?

Hey everyone ,they are selling me a 2007 350z nismo with 80k mils on it for $9k dollars...the car is a rebuild tittle that was hit from the back ....the owner purchased the car this way in an auction and fix every issue it had in the rear ...as you can see in the picture the crash doesn't look so bad as the spoiler never got damaged .....so is $9k a good deal ?

Mods
Coilovers
Invidea full y pipe exhaust system
Intake
Headers
Crazy rims (expensive brand but forgot the name)
Other few bu forgot

Here is a before and after picture .

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....79a76ff248.jpg

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....8bf43f3272.jpg

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....b831ddf952.jpg

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....a78999ac37.jpg

'WhiteRoadster 09-15-2015 11:23 PM

Well a cars worth is cut in half with a salvage/ rebuilt title so theres atleast a starting point for you. Idk i personally wouldnt own a geo with a rebuilt/ salvage title. U never know how the car was fixed or pieced back together. Metal gets weak once its bent and needs to be cut / re welded aside from that im pretty sure the drive train/ suspension are knocked out of spec/ tweaked. And it might not be, it might actually be re built right, but without pictures or documentarion, I wouldnt even consider it. With 9k u can get yourself a low mileage z and mod it to your likings with a clean fresh title. Those are just my 2c.

chari 09-15-2015 11:42 PM

Same here, would not consider it either if I was in your shoes. Even saw a pretty 2008 370Z while on my search a few months ago, it was 15k and I went to go see it but when the man mentioned that it was in 2 accidents I just said thanks but no thanks and I left. Was disappointed but I wanted a good Z with a clean title no accidents and I found it, in LA so I had to travel a bit.
I also agree there are definitely other Z's out there, with clean titles and good mileage within your budget.

dSpaceman 09-16-2015 12:52 AM

I think the question is what are your plans for the Z if you do buy it? If you plan on building on the motor then a rebuilt car isn't for you, and for very obvious reasons. If you don't have any big plans, then the only repercussion is the poor resale value. No one likes rebuilt titles, which is why you made this thread in the first place. Personally I would pass on this one because something better will come up in time. Just my $0.02

Upstreammiami 09-16-2015 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by dSpaceman (Post 10653285)
I think the question is what are your plans for the Z if you do buy it? If you plan on building on the motor then a rebuilt car isn't for you, and for very obvious reasons. If you don't have any big plans, then the only repercussion is the poor resale value. No one likes rebuilt titles, which is why you made this thread in the first place. Personally I would pass on this one because something better will come up in time. Just my $0.02

I have checked the car driven it for about 10 min no issues car drive straight in a line ....my father in law buys rebuilt tittle and builds them and he said the car is in perfect shape ....I'll never find a nismo for 9k ...this nismo without the rebuild title would be at $25k or more .....and I'm sure if it didn't have the mods he would sell it for 5 or 6k ......my plans for this car is to keep it for years and make it look even better and perform better ....

turboed350z 09-16-2015 05:03 AM

I would rather have a base z with a clean title than a wrecked nismo. Most insurance wont insure salvage car for full coverage, so if it gets stolen, bye bye 9k. But your money, do as you wish. Sounds like youre set on buying it already.

Upstreammiami 09-16-2015 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by turboed350z (Post 10653325)
I would rather have a base z with a clean title than a wrecked nismo. Most insurance wont insure salvage car for full coverage, so if it gets stolen, bye bye 9k. But your money, do as you wish. Sounds like youre set on buying it already.

State farm dos if your an old customer

Heel Til I Die 09-16-2015 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Upstreammiami (Post 10653286)
this nismo without the rebuild title would be at $25k or more .....

I think that is a little high. I have seen similar years/mileage nismos for sale with a clean title for around $18K.

In fact, there's one in the marketplace for $18,200 and it only has 27K miles...

I would keep looking for a clean nismo without a rebuild/salvage title if I were you :twocents:

Firebase99 09-16-2015 06:08 AM

Run, do not walk, run away!!!

PP08HR 09-16-2015 06:34 AM

Yeah won't be able to get full coverage insurance on it. So anything you do o that car could potentially all go down the drain in one wreck.

'WhiteRoadster 09-16-2015 07:39 AM

What it sounds like is OP wants acceptance from his fellow forum members on the z. Sorry guy its a bad buy. If you can care less about all the issues stated because "Nismo" then go for it. In the end its your money. And your salvaged out 350z.

dcains 09-16-2015 08:00 AM

Is this a Turbo Toys car? Just curious, but either way, I'd never buy a salvage-titled car.

chari 09-16-2015 08:02 AM

OP do you have a set budget on how much to pay for a Z? Or does it absolutely need to be the nismo version?

terrasmak 09-16-2015 08:05 AM

Good deal for a play toy/race car , I wouldn't want a salvage for daily driving

turboed350z 09-16-2015 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Upstreammiami (Post 10653328)
State farm dos if your an old customer

No they wont. Wanna know how i know? Im a state farm customer. Theyll insure salvage title IF an9ther insurance company was the one who salvage it. They wont insure for FULL coverages. Again, if its stilen, they wont cover it. Again, ask me how i know.

But you know, as well as i do, youre in denial and will likely get this and the fo4um probably wont hear from you again.

PP08HR 09-16-2015 08:42 AM

Also OP... Ever heard of crazy car problems like "my turn signals activate with my wipers" "Or only one brake light works and the bulb is good" Those are typically salvaged cars.

SQuaLZ 09-16-2015 08:55 AM

IMO salvage is for a track car.

I would only get clean title cars for the road. I even made sure my B13 had a clear title when I got it.

zakmartin 09-16-2015 09:54 AM

If you decide to buy the salvage vehicle, then at the very least, pay a few hundred dollars to have a reputable mechanic go over the entire car with a fine toothed comb before you fork over the $$$. Personally, I recommend against purchases like these unless the car has provenance (i.e., used to belong to Steve McQueen) or professional racing pedigree since you can get a similar non-salvaged vehicle for what in the grand scheme of things, isn't much more money, and the non-salvaged vehicle will retain at least some of its value over its lifespan. Some day in the future, a well-taken care of Nismo 350Z will likely appreciate due to its uniqueness and the fact that Japanese cars are now breaking into the collector's market. A salvage-titled Nismo 350Z like this one would be good if you want to take a stab at NASA racing. Still, get it looked at by a mechanic before you commit to buying it.

ImWeeZzel 09-16-2015 11:54 AM

If you're budget is 9k offer 6, and aim for 7-8.

I started off in a 96 Mitsubishi galant that was rear ended. No issues, and my dad and I fixed it ourselves. All while my peers were driving 2003+ cars w/a stupid high car payment.

You guys act like he's gonna drive the car the rest of his life, at 9k it will make a good daily driver, just make sure you put it on a lift and check the structural integrity.

turboed350z 09-16-2015 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by ImWeeZzel (Post 10653501)
If you're budget is 9k offer 6, and aim for 7-8.

I started off in a 96 Mitsubishi galant that was rear ended. No issues, and my dad and I fixed it ourselves. All while my peers were driving 2003+ cars w/a stupid high car payment.

You guys act like he's gonna drive the car the rest of his life, at 9k it will make a good daily driver, just make sure you put it on a lift and check the structural integrity.

The problem isnt that he will have it the rest of his life. The problem is, there are many what ifs that vould happen. What if it was a bad crash snf hell end up dpening 10k to get all the kinks worked out. What if his car isnt insured full coverage and it gets stolen and he gets a 3k check from the insurance company. What if the rebuilt was a hack job, and the car is completely undriveable aftet 500 miles.

While buying a car new or used, is a risk, buying a salvaged car is like playing russian roulette. You might get away with it. Or you just bought your worse nightmare.