Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

how much would you pay for this 370z and how much would it cost to fix

Old 02-16-2016, 01:54 PM
sssmasss

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default how much would you pay for this 370z and how much would it cost to fix

Hey guys,

Someone just rear ended my Audi. The insurance totaled it and I got a great pay out. 21k for 2011 audi a4. Anyways, i wanted to buy a 370z but i ran into this guy selling his Z but it needs lots of repair. please tell me if it worth buying

2012 auto trans... yeah yeah i know. i know!!! but i am old now and i dont want to change gear all the time in traffic.

Tittle: Salvaged due to front impact. All airbags deployed

Mileage:30k

front bumper was fixed

the interior and airbags need repair

1. passenger and driver seat need to be replace because airbag torn the seats (cannot be stiched because it actually torn into leather part not the stitches place).

2. seatbelt pre-tensioners stop popped

3. interior trims where to seatbelts go behind are broken

4. driver airbag(on steering wheel)

5. passenger airbag and dash panel need to be replaced.

6. airbag main module and impact sensors need replacement

7. roof airbags need to be replace and so is the roof liner.

8. door panels are ripped not too bad just little rip here and there but need to be replace also

9.need new tires

10. and little here and there that may run upto 500 dollars in parts

The seller want 10k for it. but i dont think it worth that much. i would only give them 7k max because the parts to fix everything should cost around 4-5k? what do you think? that is my estimate based on parts i can find on craigslist and junkyard. you think i can get the parts for cheaper? or what should you pay for it?

i dont mind the salvaged tittle cuz i can tell that the car is good maintenance wise. the damaged was nothing... the reason for salvaged was because of airbags deployed.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:10 PM
Spoolin'Fool

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

to be honest with you, run very far very fast from that, honestly, if you were to buy all that brand new from me (dealer parts dept) youre looking at probably 10-15k in damages and its not worth that much to fix that car, better off totaling it out somewhere haha
Old 02-16-2016, 02:12 PM
sssmasss

damn... wrong section... but thanks for replying spoolinfool...

i thought it worth a fix if it can get it for 7k... you know but it looks like a lots of work and parts are expensive too..
Old 02-16-2016, 02:17 PM
Spoolin'Fool

Originally Posted by sssmasss
damn... wrong section... but thanks for replying spoolinfool...

i thought it worth a fix if it can get it for 7k... you know but it looks like a lots of work and parts are expensive too..

im honestly surprised its not completely totaled, usually once the air bags blow that's all she wrote, and not a problem sir, you can find a good 370z for cheapish or even a nice high rev for around the same price just have to look around, but like I said I would stay far away from that one haha
Old 02-16-2016, 03:29 PM
HRMoneyPit

Received 268 Likes on 218 Posts

I don't buy salvaged
Old 02-16-2016, 06:20 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by HRMoneyPit

I don't buy salvaged

^^^ This. ABSOLUTELY THIS!

If all the airbags deployed, this is indicative of major impact. I don't care how much pulling and prodding with a chain n' hook on frame rack. Nuh unh, nooooo....
Old 02-16-2016, 07:02 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Airbags went off?

Nope.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:48 AM
sssmasss

yup all air bags deployed... that scared me a little too but if i could get it for cheap i can part out of use the part on another chassis. but no way i am going to pay the asking price 10k. but thanks guys for the inputs
Old 02-17-2016, 04:31 AM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

As others have said, I would not buy a salvaged vehicle... If you got a great payout (21k), spend a little more money and find something more reasonable that you wouldn't have to worry about. Save yourself the headache.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:35 AM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Thread moved to Buying/Leasing
Old 02-17-2016, 04:39 AM
chuddly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be the only one to go in the complete opposite direction on this. 10k is not a HORRIBLE price. But its sure not great either. I would say 7-8k is fair for all involved. People may turn their nose up at a car that has been wrecked but when it is done right they are JUST FINE after they are fixed. I would say you are probably correct in your guess of 4-5k in parts. Lets look at this from a financial sense. That car never wrecked it worth ~19-20K. The going deduction for a salvage/rebuilt car (fully repaired) is about 10-15% less than full value so that car is worth in the $17k dollar range all day long. If you spend 10k to buy the wreck and 5k on parts then you make 2k in labor to put those parts on it. So how long does it take to put those airbags in? I could do it all in under a day EASY. So the question is would you work for $2k per day? I know what I'm talking about because I have been doing this for ~20 years and my family body shop has been doing it for ~35 years. If you dont want to drive a car that has been wrecked that is a personal opinion and you are entitled to not do so. But if it doesnt bother you then there is money to be made there. If you have any questions feel free to message me.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:01 AM
Syner

Originally Posted by chuddly
I will be the only one to go in the complete opposite direction on this. 10k is not a HORRIBLE price. But its sure not great either. I would say 7-8k is fair for all involved. People may turn their nose up at a car that has been wrecked but when it is done right they are JUST FINE after they are fixed. I would say you are probably correct in your guess of 4-5k in parts. Lets look at this from a financial sense. That car never wrecked it worth ~19-20K. The going deduction for a salvage/rebuilt car (fully repaired) is about 10-15% less than full value so that car is worth in the $17k dollar range all day long. If you spend 10k to buy the wreck and 5k on parts then you make 2k in labor to put those parts on it. So how long does it take to put those airbags in? I could do it all in under a day EASY. So the question is would you work for $2k per day? I know what I'm talking about because I have been doing this for ~20 years and my family body shop has been doing it for ~35 years. If you dont want to drive a car that has been wrecked that is a personal opinion and you are entitled to not do so. But if it doesnt bother you then there is money to be made there. If you have any questions feel free to message me.
My only question: what kind of drugs are you smoking?

Are you saying you can replace the airbags in one day? Or are you saying you can fully rebuild a wreck (including the likely frame damage) in one day?
Old 02-17-2016, 05:41 AM
chuddly

According to the OP the exterior/front damage was already fixed. But to answer your question....Yes without a doubt i could replace ALL of the airbags in the car in 1 day without a doubt at all. I have done it MANY times in MANY cars. Drivers bag is about 15-20 min to do. Passenger bag is 45 min. Seats (assuming both are blown) are about 1.5 hrs each and seat belts are only about 15 min each once you have the seats out. Grand total of time is about 4.5 hours and then you have some time getting tools out and putting them back and maybe one of them doesnt go as fast for some reason or another. So lets pad the time from 4.5 hours and almost double it and call it 8. When you actually know what your doing you can get a lot done in a short amount of time.

If there is any front end damage that is another story because there is no real description of the damage or pictures.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:09 AM
Syner

Originally Posted by chuddly
According to the OP the exterior/front damage was already fixed. But to answer your question....Yes without a doubt i could replace ALL of the airbags in the car in 1 day without a doubt at all. I have done it MANY times in MANY cars. Drivers bag is about 15-20 min to do. Passenger bag is 45 min. Seats (assuming both are blown) are about 1.5 hrs each and seat belts are only about 15 min each once you have the seats out. Grand total of time is about 4.5 hours and then you have some time getting tools out and putting them back and maybe one of them doesnt go as fast for some reason or another. So lets pad the time from 4.5 hours and almost double it and call it 8. When you actually know what your doing you can get a lot done in a short amount of time.

If there is any front end damage that is another story because there is no real description of the damage or pictures.
I know airbags are quick. I've done them in the past as well.

I thought you were saying you could rebuild an entire wreck in one day.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:16 AM
Spoolin'Fool

good luck on your search sir

Last edited by Spoolin'Fool; 02-17-2016 at 06:55 AM.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:57 AM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Yeah, you could put money into it and fix it up... but you will never get that money back.
The following users liked this post:
Spoolin'Fool (02-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 07:08 AM
Syner

I am with spoolin fool though. Nobody in their right mind would EVER pay $17k for a previously totaled vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
Spoolin'Fool (02-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 07:38 AM
Spoolin'Fool

I edited that comment cause I didn't want to seem rude/A$$holeish lol but I don't believe anyone would ever pay that much for a salvage/rebuilt title car
Old 02-17-2016, 08:56 AM
chuddly

I got HUNDREDS of people that have bought cars from me that will tell you the exact opposite. But to each their own
Old 02-17-2016, 10:28 AM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by Syner
My only question: what kind of drugs are you smoking?

Are you saying you can replace the airbags in one day? Or are you saying you can fully rebuild a wreck (including the likely frame damage) in one day?
he said airbags only

and if you read my post everything is repair excepted the airbags and impact sensors and main airbag module control.

I could see that repaired in one day.

replace the impact sensors may take about 1-2 hours only unplug and plug

replace the two seats.. 4 bolts each and 3 plugs underneath the seats1-1.5 hour

seatbelt pre-tensioners- 2 bolts 1 hour max

roof airbags and roof? 30-60 mins

Dash panel and passenger and driver airbag a little more work bout about 3 hour max

so around 8.5 hour so far and everything is almost good. just little here and there after that

the reason why i wanted it because there was no frame damged. I took the bumpers off and check it out. they have the picture of the damage and after the repair. i thought about it because if i can get it for cheap i can get all the parts put them on the frame of another chassis and still got a clean tittle car. and recently i just got some free time and i want to do something. i mean like 1 freaking year off work!!! lol!! not fired... i am not going to work for awhile just because i can...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how much would you pay for this 370z and how much would it cost to fix