Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Looking to buy a 350z (Long Island) NY

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 04:21 PM
southxo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy a 350z (Long Island) NY

So i recently have been looking into 350s and i checked one out yesterday and it turned out to be a complete **** show. It needed tires, a new battery, and the engine was swapped so the check engine light was on with 20+ codes lol but that doesn't matter thats just a past experience. So i checked again today and i saw this miles. I wanted to know will 120k+ or anywhere around there even last me a decent amount of time? I know vq's are suppsed to last if they were taken care of properly, i mean does it depend on if it was taken care of or not or, not as much I usually bring my mechanic with me to check it out he test drives it and brings a jack to check under the entire car but id wanna atleast know how long it would last until i reach major issues? Oh and if anyone knows how to delete previous posts on here would you mind letting me know how if you cant delete posts then thats fine.

Last edited by southxo; 11-10-2017 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Car was sold
Old 11-11-2017, 10:37 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by southxo
So i recently have been looking into 350s and i checked one out yesterday and it turned out to be a complete **** show. It needed tires, a new battery, and the engine was swapped so the check engine light was on with 20+ codes lol but that doesn't matter thats just a past experience. So i checked again today and i saw this miles. I wanted to know will 120k+ or anywhere around there even last me a decent amount of time? I know vq's are suppsed to last if they were taken care of properly, i mean does it depend on if it was taken care of or not or, not as much I usually bring my mechanic with me to check it out he test drives it and brings a jack to check under the entire car but id wanna atleast know how long it would last until i reach major issues? Oh and if anyone knows how to delete previous posts on here would you mind letting me know how if you cant delete posts then thats fine.
Nissan designed the VQ engines to last 200,000 miles when properly maintained... No one can answer that^ question.. And yes, of course it matters if they were properly maintained. That's the most important thing, otherwise you're just buying someone else's problem.