What kind of (reasonable) car do people get after owning a Z? - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Go Back  MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion > General > Buying/Leasing
Reload this Page >

What kind of (reasonable) car do people get after owning a Z?

Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

What kind of (reasonable) car do people get after owning a Z?

Old 01-11-2019, 08:20 AM
ajbarnes1

Default What kind of (reasonable) car do people get after owning a Z?

Hey,
I've had an '05 base 6MT for seven years as a daily driver. However, its impracticality is starting to show and so is it's age and increasing wear and tear. I'm a recent first-time homeowner, children in the next year or two, and not a lot of time (or interest anymore) in spending the weekends repairing or upgrading a vehicle.

I'm looking to get a (new or slightly used) sedan or hatchback and I'm curious what other Z owners transition to (or recommend) when a practical daily driver becomes a necessity. For a new purchase, my limit is ​​​​​$35k. I plan to hold on to the Z for a little while, but I'd like the new vehicle to be something fun that I actually enjoy driving. I likely would not be modding the new vehicle, so that isn't a big factor.

FYI, thus far I've test driven a Veloster, Optima, Stinger, and WRX.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:13 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

My wife's car is an '09 G37xS and it has much the same mechanical experience as the Z. The VQ37VHR is a bit more complex than the DE or HR, but it's been rock steady as far as durability over the past decade. Having four doors and AWD makes it more versatile and we've enjoyed some of the luxury features too.

It's the next (and final?) version of the FM chassis and is both practical, affordable and fun to drive. I wish it got better mileage, (average around 21 MPG in city driving), but that's the way it goes.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:24 AM
travlee
Master

Thanked 5,739 Times in 3,945 Posts

the guy that bought my z, traded it on for a 2016 (i think) ats-v sedan.... i liked it so much i traded in my corvette for one. fun cars, still sporty, and has 4 doors if you need. might need to bump of your spending amount a little if you go that route