MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Capital 350Z/G35 Club (https://my350z.com/forum/capital-350z-g35-club-431/)
-   -   Local Car Show Dates for DC/Maryland/Northern Virginia (https://my350z.com/forum/capital-350z-g35-club/165185-local-car-show-dates-for-dc-maryland-northern-virginia.html)

BamBam 01-16-2006 02:30 PM

Local Car Show Dates for DC/Maryland/Northern Virginia

Sorry Kelly posted in the wrong section before:

All of the below events are sponsored by OC Car Shows
  • The Baltimore Car and Truck Show, MARCH 18th from 10am til 11pm at the Baltimore Convention Center.
  • The OC Car and Truck Show, June 10 - 11th at the Ocean City Convention Center.
  • The Ocean City stop on the Funk Master Flex Tour, August 5-6th at the Ocean City Convention Center.
  • The Funk Master Flex Custom Car and Bike Show, August 19-20th at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center.
http://www.occarshow.com/html.asp

Then of course there are the HIN’s…
  • HIN Dulles Expo Center - Chantilly, VA: April 22nd
  • HIN Atlantic City Convention Center - Atlantic City, NJ: June 24th
Can’t think of anything else at the moment, 6 shows is a good start for Feb planning.:D

-B

PumpedVA 01-16-2006 02:48 PM

only one I plan on is HIN as of now.

BamBam 01-16-2006 03:32 PM

Cool, that means you will be letting someone else win something before you come in and stomp all over us with your awesome new interior ;) j/k (I am not saying I am going to be in these events, just listing the ones that have been brought to my attention already)

Alright, I assume you mean the AC event. Shall we try to enter as a group? I am sure we can get at least 4 of us this time...

PumpedVA 01-16-2006 06:32 PM

Only problem about doing the AC event is it would cost a arm and leg. Rooms are like 200+ that time of the year. I am going to hit HIN early and finnish with the OC funk master flash show. I think that might make for a killer weekend. I havent been to OC in years like high school days for beach week.

Talk about a fun drive down the main drag. Cops would love that

BamBam 01-16-2006 06:50 PM

you golf?
If you are not interested in staying on the beach/boardwalk. I can get us some rooms at the Marriotts Fairway villa or SeaviewSpa...

I think the AC event is susposed to be 'the' event for the North East.

PumpedVA 01-17-2006 06:38 AM

I can live without the beach and the hell with the boardwalk there are nothing but dumps down there. Well last time I was at OC there were.

BamBam 01-17-2006 07:36 AM

Well, if you want to do the show I can get rooms at any Marriott property for free. There are a few in the area (Absecon) but nothing closer then 6 miles or about a 15 minute ride to the convention center.
Let me know.

PumpedVA 01-19-2006 06:26 AM

June right? free rooms? well I guess so LOL just need to know when we are leaving ? I need to find a trailer by then.

Ok so lets plan on doing the DC , OC and AC show's

BamBam 01-19-2006 07:16 AM

Alright sounds like a plan?
Why do you need a trailer? Are you not going to drive your car anymore now that you are going full show?

PumpedVA 01-19-2006 09:58 AM

I just dont have room to cary anything with me

BamBam 01-19-2006 12:22 PM

Understand that. Figured you would have someone drive the H2 with your stuff. How is she holding up man?
How about the new house? We are gonna have to make a few trips down your way for BBQ, and some races of something.

My doors and interior are done. :) Should be posting pics when I get the chance. Only need to have them finish the Stereo and trunk stuff now..... YEA...!!!!! I have been waiting so patiently....:icon10:

Well maybe not, but the best I could anyway.

Now if I can only get my tune perfected, seats installed, rollbar made, exhaust completed and the engine rebuilt I will be done :D I am thoroughly addicted :eek:

PumpedVA 01-19-2006 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by BamBam
Understand that. Figured you would have someone drive the H2 with your stuff. How is she holding up man?
How about the new house? We are gonna have to make a few trips down your way for BBQ, and some races of something.

My doors and interior are done. :) Should be posting pics when I get the chance. Only need to have them finish the Stereo and trunk stuff now..... YEA...!!!!! I have been waiting so patiently....:icon10:

Well maybe not, but the best I could anyway.

Now if I can only get my tune perfected, seats installed, rollbar made, exhaust completed and the engine rebuilt I will be done :D I am thoroughly addicted :eek:

Done thats such a funny work LOL . I am just waiting on my plenum to come back from powder coating then AAM will be ready for me. So right now car is parked might make a meet in Hampton this weekend if weather hold out. House is at punch out right now so another few weeks and I can move.

Cant wait to see those pics

BamBam 01-19-2006 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
Done thats such a funny work LOL . I am just waiting on my plenum to come back from powder coating then AAM will be ready for me. So right now car is parked might make a meet in Hampton this weekend if weather hold out. House is at punch out right now so another few weeks and I can move.

Cant wait to see those pics

Well, let me tell you I tried to get Dave to buy my cams back from you... BUT he insisted I did not need them as much as you did ;)

After this show next week, my car will be parked at AAM for a few weeks too, hey we can get pictures of our cars together in pieces.... :)
I wanted to take my car to FL after this show for another charity auction/car show, but I think there is still way too much to do and it probably is best to leave it with them to complete everything the right way and not rush it later on down the road.

Can't wait to see your car again man.
--Brent

PumpedVA 01-19-2006 05:42 PM

yea us AUTO guys need all the help we can get LOL

kcobean 01-19-2006 07:10 PM

Not sure what I'm gonna make other than HIN here in Dulles. I got a free week at a Fairfields resort in Williamsburg in April, and I have a wedding in NY in June that will eat up another weeks worth of leave. Then there is ZDayZ....I'm about tapped. :)

PumpedVA 01-20-2006 11:21 AM

I think I am going to bail out of the funk master flex OC show and do the Myrtle Beach show. I think it will make for a better trip plus a MUCH better drive down also gives that month between show april DC, june AC and aug Murtle beach.

Stip clubs are much better down south and I know a few girls that just moved down there. hehe

suaveyankees 01-23-2006 06:38 AM

Hey BAMBAM are you still coming to Florida? Are you going to enter your car in the show. Let us know you only have 2 weeks left. I have not seen you post on our site. Hope all is well

BamBam 01-23-2006 08:26 AM

I am in Florida now. :icon44:
I fly down to Orlando (then drive to Lakelands) every Sunday and back to DC every Friday for the moment trying to get things sorted with my car.
Unfortunately my car is still in pieces at Maryland..... :( I am REALLY trying to get it back together as soon as possible (I already missed the DC Auto Show), but I do not think it will be ready for that weekend.

I will be staying in the Lakelands the weekend of the 'Cars for the Cure' show at Lake Mary so will definitely come up and check everything out. But getting my car there is pretty unlikely at this time.

Looking forward to meeting you.
--Brent

comebackZ 01-29-2006 07:46 AM

Hey BamBam my car should be out of the shop in the next month...How do you sign up for HIN at the Dulles show? OC and Myrtle sound good for me as well.

BamBam 01-29-2006 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by comebackZ
Hey BamBam my car should be out of the shop in the next month...How do you sign up for HIN at the Dulles show? OC and Myrtle sound good for me as well.

This is the site: http://www.hotimportnights.com/calendar.php

But as you can see, it is not open for registration just yet. I notice most of these things are not open for registration until a month or two before the event.

My car is STILL in the same shop, and now missed enough shows to just say screw it, might as well get it done right. So it will leave this shop and head back to AAM to get the remainder of the engine/exhaust work done before I get her back.

Good luck with you work man, and we look forward to getting your car in some shows.
--B