MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Capital 350Z/G35 Club (https://my350z.com/forum/capital-350z-g35-club-431/)
-   -   4 Days for 1 DoorPanel.....!!!!!!! ARGH!!!! (https://my350z.com/forum/capital-350z-g35-club/166951-4-days-for-1-doorpanel-argh.html)

BamBam 01-27-2006 01:49 PM

Long, VERY long story... here is the condensed version....

After farting around for 5 days on the one panel, finally went to Chaser and complained. After a day of that, went to their warehouse and all of their door panels. You are right, they are pretty crap and nothing we found was any better then what we had.

So, went back to the shop and continued to tweak the doors. Got the drivers side on pretty good, the Passenger side does not look as good as we wanted it and had to do a number of modifications to it for anything resembling a decent fit.

The doors are on now. But there are problems with the stereo (they got the wrong one a full screen, double-DIN unit, and not the motorized screen I wanted) so they are working on that tomorrow and then mounting the Monitor, GPS and PS2 boxes in the trunk.

I will be going over tomorrow morning to see it, get pics and make plans to have it trailered to AAM for the tune, HKS and exhaust installs completed.

It has been a long trip let me tell you. But I expect the results to look pretty awesome.
Oh, got my seats today... THEY LOOK FREAKING AWESOME!!!!! :) :) :)
--Brent

BamBam 01-27-2006 01:50 PM

Update on Yours Man..?

Any update on your engine issue Toby?

PumpedVA 01-27-2006 05:28 PM

man I cant wait to see those seats!

updates on me? rear hatch panal is being molded now getting ready for carbon fiber still waiting to hear from AAM just droped her off yesterday.

BamBam 01-29-2006 09:02 AM

Trying to get the pics I took resized. I have pics of the seats and the semi finished interior along with the completed doors. :cool: I really need to find a decent imaging software.

Dude, I saw your car yesterday. Looks like she is sleeping safely.

I also saw your plenum. Hey man, sorry but while I was looking at it, I dragged my keys across the top… :icon43:
It got a little scratched, I told Dave that if he could not buff it out, to spare no expanse and I will have it recoated for you… He said that might take like another 4 weeks… I said I was sure you would not want it any other way…. :icon39: So, it might be a while before you get that back man…. NO hard feelings right :D

Alright, I am joking of course. I would never do that to your stuff. It looks good man. I think if I had a different color I would go down that route myself, instead I think a high polish and chromed out might be a better plan for my engine bay. Your engine is going to look SICK dude.

Take care and lets hope for the best.
--Brent

Bubble 01-29-2006 09:03 AM

so sad with my door panel. :(

BamBam 01-29-2006 09:10 AM

Bubble, what's UP? Is something wrong with your panels?
They get damaged in shipping? Let us know man.

Toby or I might have some ideas to help.

sq40 01-29-2006 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by BamBam
Trying to get the pics I took resized. I have pics of the seats and the semi finished interior along with the completed doors. :cool: I really need to find a decent imaging software.

I also saw your plenum. Hey man, sorry but while I was looking at it, I dragged my keys across the top… :icon43:
It got a little scratched, I told Dave that if he could not buff it out, to spare no expanse and I will have it recoated for you… He said that might take like another 4 weeks… I said I was sure you would not want it any other way…. :icon39: So, it might be a while before you get that back man…. NO hard feelings right :D

Alright, I am joking of course. I would never do that to your stuff. It looks good man. I think if I had a different color I would go down that route myself, instead I think a high polish and chromed out might be a better plan for my engine bay. Your engine is going to look SICK dude.

--Brent

Irfanview is the BEST free graphic manipulation program out there;

http://www.irfanview.com/

PumpedVA 01-29-2006 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by BamBam

--Brent

man I cant wait to see that plenum. dave said its looks real nice.

BamBam 01-29-2006 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by sq40
Irfanview is the BEST free graphic manipulation program out there;

http://www.irfanview.com/

Dude,

Thanks man, that thing is easy at heck to use and awesome... I will be posting pics of the seat and the doors soon.
--B