Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

California Duster CD Test

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 02:00 PM
macao_friend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to pick one up today and use it on my wife's dirty corolla first, then the CDD would have picked up enough dust so I can use it on my MB Z.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:13 AM
6swhite350z

i have a black fx35.. this past month i havent had time to wash my car, so i brush it off with the CA Car Duster like twice a week... so 2 times a week x 4 weeks in a month = 8 times a month.... now i washed the car, and not one f*cking scratch to be found. stop trippin about this product u freakin losers. just buy it, use it, and enjoy it
Old 10-31-2006, 11:27 AM
ssawa

I live in the desert where the stuff on my car is mostly sand. It will scratch if I rub too hard or let it sit too long. That's one of the reasons I dust it at least once a day, but I also like my car clean which it always is. So I probably don't wash my car more than once a month. Plus where I work they "never" clean the parking lot so it's always dusty.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:15 PM
SoulDesign

^ do u think it works the same on sand, with no scratches? i live on the beach and my car stays COVERED in sand.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:21 PM
platinum350

Originally Posted by SoulDesign
^ do u think it works the same on sand, with no scratches? i live on the beach and my car stays COVERED in sand.
I hope so, I took the chance and used it on my Z. I also live at the beach. I haven't noticed any scratches, use it LIGHTLY.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:23 PM
ssawa

Originally Posted by SoulDesign
At the beach, when I've gone there, I've found the salt water mist and general mist makes the car sticky and the sand sticks after the mist dries. It's just better to wash the car more when your near the beach than use the duster after a few misty days.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:38 AM
SoulDesign

well, my cars covered in sand within literally hours of a good wash, if the wind is blowing at all. i tried usin mine the other day, but i hvnt got all the wax off yet, and it left it all over the roof, so i stopped. im gonne try again, once i get most of the wax off. i think itll be ok....
Old 11-07-2006, 07:52 AM
mavtais

I've been using the California Car Duster for 8 years now! No complaints! Just use it once a day, do not use a lot of force on the initial swipe, and remember to frequently shake off large particles it has collected. I usually shake it after every section: roof and windshield, shake it, hood, shake it, door and front qtr panel, shake it, etc... "All I wanna do is on a zoom-zoom-zoom and a boom-boom!"

Shake method is as follows: hold the handle and twist vigorously back and forth. This will make the yarn looking thingies whip back and forth like Karate Kid part 3.

Enjoy!!!!