MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Cleaning & Detailing (https://my350z.com/forum/cleaning-and-detailing-22/)
-   -   SUPERBLACK350's ULTIMATE DETAIL GUIDE w/PICS (https://my350z.com/forum/cleaning-and-detailing/306960-superblack350s-ultimate-detail-guide-w-pics.html)

SuperBlack350z 04-08-2009 07:38 PM

Get Zwole, don't be too scared. it's not too bad. only place on the Z where i can say someone can make that mistake of burning paint off is the two side mirrors. very thin clear on those from nissan.

Originally Posted by JPE22 (Post 7182378)
HEy Andrew, next time u detail/wash your car let me know. Im willing to learn LOL

sure than man. i've been trying to teach you, lol.

always_wright 04-08-2009 08:09 PM

Hey, do you think it would be okay to use these products on an 2005 Pikes Peak:
Meguiar's Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
Meguiar's Deep Crystal Polish
Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze
Meguiar's Gold Class Liquid Wax

I have Meguiar's Claybar, and Meguiar's Gold Class wash, along with the Porter Cable and tons of pads, so I'm set there... But I had bought all of these products for my black car, so I don't know if it would be okay to use on white?

SuperBlack350z 04-08-2009 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by always_wright (Post 7182560)
Hey, do you think it would be okay to use these products on an 2005 Pikes Peak:
Meguiar's Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
Meguiar's Deep Crystal Polish
Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze
Meguiar's Gold Class Liquid Wax

I have Meguiar's Claybar, and Meguiar's Gold Class wash, along with the Porter Cable and tons of pads, so I'm set there... But I had bought all of these products for my black car, so I don't know if it would be okay to use on white?

eh, i mean, if you already bought it, you mine as well use it. it wouldn't be my choice. i have those exact same ones i have in the back of storage i never used ever again.

the #7 is decent and the gold class is very mediocre though for wax.

always_wright 04-08-2009 09:23 PM

Well, I was going to do my friends car with those products (hers is black), so I can use up those products.

I'm just at a loss as to what I should get for my PPW.

maXmood 04-09-2009 06:47 AM

i think most products he listed above will work on most cars.

quakerroatmeal 04-09-2009 09:51 AM

SuperBlack you browse/post autopia often? I think I see you on there. Great DIY as well. I wish my driveway was a flat surface so I could wash on jack stands with the wheels off. But its not.

SuperBlack350z 04-09-2009 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal (Post 7184744)
SuperBlack you browse/post autopia often? I think I see you on there. Great DIY as well. I wish my driveway was a flat surface so I could wash on jack stands with the wheels off. But its not.

nah, i don't post on that website but it's full of good people.

thanks, yeah, i know what you mean. i live at an apartment complex now and i hate hogging the water supply all day.

sluggoZ 04-11-2009 07:22 PM

Do you wax first than polish or polish first than wax?

superchargedg 04-12-2009 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by sluggoZ (Post 7194038)
Do you wax first than polish or polish first than wax?

You polish first then seal/wax.Polish is a abrasive designed to eliminate cob webbing/swirls and best used by a machine like rotary/flex/porter cable.Once you properly refine the finish then you will use either a sealent or a wax.

sluggoZ 04-12-2009 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by superchargedg (Post 7194771)
You polish first then seal/wax.Polish is a abrasive designed to eliminate cob webbing/swirls and best used by a machine like rotary/flex/porter cable.Once you properly refine the finish then you will use either a sealent or a wax.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...Z/thankyou.gif...https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...uggoZ/hail.gif Z

wangsta 04-25-2009 04:11 AM

I just tried out polishing my car w/ a buffer yesterday for the first time (my arms were definitely wet noodles after 5 hours). Now I understand buffer stands for making my arms buffer :icon30:.

But is it expected to end up with a lot of polish powder everywhere? or am I doing something incorrectly? If it is expected, is it recommended to wash it off before going from cutting to finishing polish or before wax is applied? If not, whats a good way to avoid getting that stuff everywhere?

Anomaly 04-25-2009 09:17 AM

Yes, it's mostly expected to have polish dust everywhere (especially depending on which polish you use).

I like to use ONR between polishes/glazes/waxes to get rid of the dust.

I've heard that you can mix the polish with RMG or similar to eliminate much of the dust.

67ZNISMO 04-25-2009 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by wangsta (Post 7251333)
I just tried out polishing my car w/ a buffer yesterday for the first time (my arms were definitely wet noodles after 5 hours). Now I understand buffer stands for making my arms buffer :icon30:.

But is it expected to end up with a lot of polish powder everywhere? or am I doing something incorrectly? If it is expected, is it recommended to wash it off before going from cutting to finishing polish or before wax is applied? If not, whats a good way to avoid getting that stuff everywhere?

It is normal to end up with polishing powder, however only a small bit. If your producing a lot then you might be working in too hot of an environment . Sometimes this can cause more damage than good because its like polishing with a very low grade of sandpaper.

03aeroZ 04-25-2009 09:38 PM

I just did a polish, seal, and wax from detailed image....holy crap.....car looks better than when I bought it!!!! Superblack...used some of your pointers...and they worked liked magic!!! Thanks

SuperBlack350z 04-25-2009 11:06 PM

^^ good job! feels rewardin doesn't it? you just saved yourself nearly 200 bucks from a pro detailer.

i'm going to detail an rx7 soon, hopefully he will let me take pics and post it on there.

CircleHeartX 04-26-2009 01:17 AM

wow nice man. i learned allot..but im kinda intimated to do all that. mad props and clean black Z

03aeroZ 04-26-2009 06:43 PM

I did the wife's KIA today....it is black. I don't see how anyone with a black Z makes them look good!!! You would have to own a PC to polish it enough. That paint is a Batch to make look nice. I also did the fender well scrub...made a HUGE difference. I will post pics later this week if the weather stays nice. It figures that as soon as I am finished, it starts raining :icon31:. Well it will stay in the garage for now...can't waste that hard work on rain!!

xpock182 05-15-2009 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z (Post 7182398)
Get Zwole, don't be too scared. it's not too bad. only place on the Z where i can say someone can make that mistake of burning paint off is the two side mirrors. very thin clear on those from nissan.

sure than man. i've been trying to teach you, lol.

We should throw a DETAIL PARTY at my place. Lol Ill provide the Beer and Food and Andrew can show everyone how its done.:dunno: I guess if i HAVE TO we can use my car as the DUMMY:thumbup:

SuperBlack350z 05-15-2009 10:51 PM

^^haha, that would be fun. I think i would never a car that actually needs some work though, you car is too clean.

labelworkshop75 01-09-2011 08:06 AM

bump for a good dead thread