MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Cleaning & Detailing (https://my350z.com/forum/cleaning-and-detailing-22/)
-   -   Zantek - Protective Coating (https://my350z.com/forum/cleaning-and-detailing/341515-zantek-protective-coating.html)

K-man 03-06-2008 07:58 AM

Zantek - Protective Coating

I have a exterior coating called Zaktek (from dealer)... it's reapplied every 6 months. I think is protects the paint from staining. I use Zaino now. Does anyone have knowledge on this? Can /shouldI continue to use Zaino with this coating?

davidv 03-06-2008 08:19 AM

How does it work for you? Are you happy with the results?

K-man 03-06-2008 08:25 AM

The Zaino does an awesome job as many on the z-board will agree. My car is only 6 months old, I was wondering long term if this Zaktek is worth doing every 6 month. BTW- reapplication is free...It was a $500 add-on.. I had no choice, it "came" with the car.

WhiteNoiz 03-06-2008 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by davidv
How does it work for you? Are you happy with the results?

+1 I am also curious how well that Zaktek coating works

SpoilsofWar 03-06-2008 09:09 AM

A quick google search seems to suggest it a complete scam, much like additional "undercoating" or rustproofing applications. Havent found anything positive about it yet, except what they have to say about themselves on their website.

This is from their website:

Originally Posted by Zaktek
Dealer Value Proposition
ZAK Products will provide you with all of the supplies, marketing materials, and training necessary to operate and support the program at no itemized expense.
ZAKTEK is a retention system which targets your existing customer base. Every month ZAK Products will send a full color postcard to your customers that are due for their semiannual re-treatment of the free ZAKTEK paint sealant.

Service Department:

Drive customers to your service drive on typically slow days/times to receive a ZAKTEK
retreatment.

Attract customers with dealership customized service drive coupons mailed with every ZAKTEK reapplication notice.

Cliff notes: another way for dealership to make money off you.

davidv 03-06-2008 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by K-man
The Zaino does an awesome job as many on the z-board will agree. My car is only 6 months old, I was wondering long term if this Zaktek is worth doing every 6 month. BTW- reapplication is free...It was a $500 add-on.. I had no choice, it "came" with the car.

If you are happy with the combination of Zaktek and Zaino then stick with it.

davidv 03-06-2008 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteNoiz
+1 I am also curious how well that Zaktek coating works

Its a coat of one-step cleaner-wax similar to anything that you can buy at AutoZone for $5.

K-man 03-06-2008 10:19 AM

...that's what I figured - a rip-off gimmick that cost me $500! I'll just stick with the Zaino! Zaino provides all the paint protection I need.

Rekinyze 03-24-2008 11:58 AM

My Z had something called "Auto Armour" sprayed on it. I think it works pretty well. You dont have to wax the car. It just seals the paint so that thinks like acid raid or bird sh#$ dont get into it. Everytime the paint gets wet....the water just beads right off.

I thought it was a pretty good investment...only $200