Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Waxxxxx

Old 07-13-2009, 07:28 PM
08nogaroZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waxxxxx

Just wondering what kind of wax all you peeps use on your cars....Thinking of switching from the Meguairs tech paste its a little too hard to remove by hand any suggestions?
Old 07-13-2009, 08:29 PM
halfrice

zymol, affordable yet good and smells like coconuts!
Old 07-13-2009, 10:06 PM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zaino
Old 07-13-2009, 11:02 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

poorboys natty blue paste wax.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:06 AM
Rommy

Meguiar's gold class always worked for me. I've heard a lot of good things about Zaino though, but it's not available everywhere.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:13 AM
03aeroZ

Originally Posted by aloh
poorboys natty blue paste wax.
+1. Check out detailed image. Wax is only as good as the base you put in on.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

All of these are pretty much a wipe on/off application.

Summers:
P21S 100% - deep, sharp reflections, really helps the pearl in the paint come out
Poorboys Natty Blue - Rich, deep reflections but darkens the color
Optimum Opti-Seal - Top cover to add extra protection

Winters:
Collinite 845IW - super durable with a 'bright' finish
Old 07-14-2009, 10:25 AM
RRMikey

Originally Posted by aloh
boys nutty blue paste.
WUT?!?!?!

oh, you sick sick man...

hahaha.

i don't wax, just spit on your car and wipe it off. hahaha. jk.

i hear zaino is good stuff... but i'm too lazy to wax the car... i just like to wax dat *** on them ladies... lol
Old 07-14-2009, 12:59 PM
hammer2930

If you want something to buy off the shelf Eagle One Nano wax (check at your local big lots. They have it at 4 dollars a bottle. An Auto store will have for 12 dollars). Has the capabilty of filling light scratches and has a good shine or any of the others mentioned here
Old 07-14-2009, 04:35 PM
08nogaroZ

thanks I appreciate the feedback from everyone...I really hate how I am starting to get swirl marks on my car and since its red i can see them more than all the lighter colors....anybody use the portable cable http://www.autogeek.net/dual-action-polishers.html to detail their car? results?
Old 07-14-2009, 05:08 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RRMikey
i hear zaino is good stuff... but i'm too lazy to wax the car... i just like to wax dat *** on them ladies... lol
Old 07-14-2009, 05:35 PM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by 08nogaroZ
thanks I appreciate the feedback from everyone...I really hate how I am starting to get swirl marks on my car and since its red i can see them more than all the lighter colors....anybody use the portable cable http://www.autogeek.net/dual-action-polishers.html to detail their car? results?
I have Griot's Garage Random Orbital and it is very similar to the Porter Cable. I use the Griot's Machine Polish #3 and have gotten excellent results. For wax I have been using Adam's Americana Paste Wax. That is an outstanding wax that might be a little pricey but in my opinion, well worth the cost.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:48 PM
BlueBoxer

I've used Zaino, Zymbol, Meguiars, P21S, Megliores, Menzerna, Optimum Opti-Seal, NXT, Nattys, Blitz Grand... all have their place and everyone has a personal preference. My experience and opinions are as follows:

Personal favorite is P21S Carnauba Wax, which as others have said really brings out the pearl effect in those type of paints and leaves a really nice deep shine. The cons is that the wax is not very durable and you should wax every month with it, but well worth the results considering that the wax goes on and off like butter. You can also cruise to a nearby Harley dealership and pick up S100, which is cheaper and almost identical (same company).

Best durability and still easy to remove is Full Molecular Jacket. It lasts a good 2-3 months and looks really wet. Super easy to apply and remove. The Opti-Seal doesn't need to be removed, but it can be a pain if you apply too much, not quite as deep and wet as the FMJ.

Most durable goes to Collinite Double Wax or even just their Sapphire. Great economical wax, but can be a pain to remove. Use a microfiber misted with some quick detailer to help remove it with more ease.

User friendly wax would be Blitz Grand Wax, won't stain any of your trim and is easy to use with a great finish left behind.

Best store wax really goes to NXT, gives a good shine and wet look with really easy application and removal. I really prefer that over the store Zymbol, which really should be labeled Turlte Wax Premiere or something. Nano wax gets a close second.

Don't apply on a hot surface or in the sun, put a second coat 12 hrs later, and enjoy a beautiful shine. Oh, Natty's Blue Paste Wax is a good value wax, but I rather pay a little more for easier application and removal, but two layers of it comes close to the P21S.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:21 PM
08nogaroZ

Originally Posted by KornerCarver
I have Griot's Garage Random Orbital and it is very similar to the Porter Cable. I use the Griot's Machine Polish #3 and have gotten excellent results. For wax I have been using Adam's Americana Paste Wax. That is an outstanding wax that might be a little pricey but in my opinion, well worth the cost.
I think I might buy that same tool haha I was checking it out and saw a few vids on it the price is awesome as well thanks for the info will consider machine polish #3 as well
Old 07-15-2009, 06:09 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by 08nogaroZ
I think I might buy that same tool haha I was checking it out and saw a few vids on it the price is awesome as well thanks for the info will consider machine polish #3 as well
While not a 350Z, here are a couple pictures of my Miata after polishing with my Griot's Garage polisher and waxing with Zymol Creame Wax. You can see the swirls are all gone.

My Z gets the polish treatment about once a year and monthly waxing.
Attached Thumbnails Waxxxxx-hood-small.jpg   Waxxxxx-miata-side-small.jpg  
Old 07-15-2009, 06:39 AM
jmark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueBoxer
I've used Zaino, Zymbol, Meguiars, P21S, Megliores, Menzerna, Optimum Opti-Seal, NXT, Nattys, Blitz Grand... all have their place and everyone has a personal preference. My experience and opinions are as follows:

Personal favorite is P21S Carnauba Wax, which as others have said really brings out the pearl effect in those type of paints and leaves a really nice deep shine. The cons is that the wax is not very durable and you should wax every month with it, but well worth the results considering that the wax goes on and off like butter. You can also cruise to a nearby Harley dealership and pick up S100, which is cheaper and almost identical (same company).

Best durability and still easy to remove is Full Molecular Jacket. It lasts a good 2-3 months and looks really wet. Super easy to apply and remove. The Opti-Seal doesn't need to be removed, but it can be a pain if you apply too much, not quite as deep and wet as the FMJ.

Most durable goes to Collinite Double Wax or even just their Sapphire. Great economical wax, but can be a pain to remove. Use a microfiber misted with some quick detailer to help remove it with more ease.

User friendly wax would be Blitz Grand Wax, won't stain any of your trim and is easy to use with a great finish left behind.

Best store wax really goes to NXT, gives a good shine and wet look with really easy application and removal. I really prefer that over the store Zymbol, which really should be labeled Turlte Wax Premiere or something. Nano wax gets a close second.

Don't apply on a hot surface or in the sun, put a second coat 12 hrs later, and enjoy a beautiful shine. Oh, Natty's Blue Paste Wax is a good value wax, but I rather pay a little more for easier application and removal, but two layers of it comes close to the P21S.
I agree with the FMJ.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:11 PM
BlueBoxer

I will FMJ without a LSP wax, but will never wax without going with at least one layer of FMJ first. I thought the opti-seal would be a good replacement for the FMJ, especially by eliminating the removing step, but in the end I just ordered more of the FMJ.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:12 PM
08nogaroZ

Originally Posted by KornerCarver
While not a 350Z, here are a couple pictures of my Miata after polishing with my Griot's Garage polisher and waxing with Zymol Creame Wax. You can see the swirls are all gone.

My Z gets the polish treatment about once a year and monthly waxing.
wow that came good and its a dark color NICE!!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Sealants provide more long lasting protection than a wax and look sharp. My favorite sealant would be the Chemical Guys Jetseal 109. If you want a good value please try the Chemical Guys M-Seal. These sealants are extremely easy to work with and will protect the paint for months to come.

Waxes offer far less durable protection than a sealant, but have a remarkable gloss. For red colored paint the Poorboy's World Natty's Red is your best value. It's super easy to apply and remove and looks great. If you want more protection and a deeper gloss the Dodo Juice Orange Crush is tough to beat. It looks insanely deep and glossy!

If you want the best of both worlds apply the sealant first and layer a wax on top of it. We offer 10% off to forum members with the coupon code (10off350Z). Additionally the Dodo Juice products are already 20% off this week (through July 20). Let me know if you have any questions about these products or anything related to detailing.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 07-16-2009, 12:06 PM
BlueBoxer

Been itching to try the Rubbish Boyz, but I still have four jars of waxes left to get through.

Jet Seal 109 seems to be a growing favorite, even over FMJ, but FMJ has never treated me wrong and sometimes you have to just stick with what works. However, all the CG stuff has worked great so far.

Search this Thread