Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

15% Off + Free Shipping On Gtechniq

Old 04-17-2017, 03:03 AM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15% Off + Free Shipping On Gtechniq

15% Off + Free Shipping On Gtechniq
Get the Gtechniq products you want and save today!
  • Coupon Code: GTECH15
  • No Minimum Spend
  • Expiration: 4/19/2017
If have any questions, concerns, or if you need any product recommendations please do not hesitate to contact us!

Greg @ DI
Old 04-28-2017, 08:13 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

While I'm a confirmed Blackfire user, this sale got the better part of my curiosity. I purchased the smaller bottle of Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light for use on my '08 Titan KC LWB. This tow vehicle lives outside 24/7 and endures some of the harshest weather Colorado can throw at it. Even a careful application of Blackfire sealant usually last only 1-2 months.

Here's a quick review of the initial application of Crystal Serum Light on the Leer shell of my Titan. It was repainted last year and I'd like to keep it looking halfway decent. After careful attention to prepping the surface (where I found some paint spots that were already degrading) with wash and clay. I tried parking the Titan in a shady area behind my garage to apply the Crystal Serum Light. Not ideal, as the instructions say to keep it indoors for the first 12 hours after application. On well, I got up on a ladder and primed the applicator pad with two capfuls (they provide a dropper to aid in this) and worked a 2 X 2' area. Almost as soon as the area was cross-hatched, the coating dried and I used a microfiber cloth to "level" the area, starting from just outside the area.

Crystal Serum Light dries quickly to a high shine with a smooth, slick surface. Working quickly on both sides of the truck, I at least got down one coat on the shell (except those small sections that need a touch up) in under an hour. It seems most of the work is in the preparation, as the application and leveling don't take very long. That's good, as my recovering back was aching after stretching to reach all the sections of this 8' shell.

This should be a good test for CSL, as the painted surface was fresh and clean. Then there was sufficient time for it to bond to the paint with clear weather over five days. But there's a late spring rain to snow storm heading in tonight to really scour that surface and welcome it. I'll check it from time-to-time and see how CSL holds up. The hope is the Titan will get 1-3 years of protection from this coating- we'll see!
Old 04-29-2017, 05:38 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Last night the front range area got 4" of wet, heavy snow and it's scheduled to snow all day today. The good thing about living here is the snow will be melting like crazy tomorrow when the sun pops out! We'll get a first, initial look at how the CSL is holding up on the Titan. Then, it'll be heavy rain that'll likely beat on it for the last few weeks of spring before the heat of summer gets its shot.

If nothing else, those Z owners who have to park their cars outside might be interested in a product that offers better protection for their paint than waxes or sealants.

Search this Thread