Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

Popping my drift cherry in my 350Z

Old 05-28-2017, 05:20 AM
13esim

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Popping my drift cherry in my 350Z

Okay maybe the title is extreme, but I finally went to my first drift event in my Z. I have done PLENTY of autocross and some track, and I have done plenty of little skids there but MAN I was itching for more. Rainy parking lots and Assetto Corsa was not enough.

So after owning a few 300ZX's over the years, I have accumulated 8 wheels and tires from them. 4 of them having 195 eco tires on them and the other 4 having 245 Federal 595's on. For my first run I put the 195's thinking I would need less traction.

Take it easy, enter the "bank" at about 40, start sliding, start getting close to full lock, off the gas, full lock, car comes around. DAMN. Second time, lots of ebrake, shallow line and I get through the whole course in one skid. I spin out a couple more times on the bank and take a ProAm driver with me, spin out again and he tells me I just need more grip. couple more runs and I snag the 245 Feddies. Huck it in, caught grip, grabbed the ebrake and went along my merry way. After that I upped the speed and flicked in harder. The Federals felt amazing compared to my 195's.

Another pretty skilled driver showed me another line where I feint and start sliding to the left, then do a quick transition to the right handed bank.

By the end of the event I realized I should have just started a drug addiction, it would have been cheaper.

3:58 is the start of my demise, let me know what you guys think!

Search this Thread