MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Drivetrain (https://my350z.com/forum/drivetrain-420/)
-   -   OS Giken Super Lock LSD's (https://my350z.com/forum/drivetrain/452893-os-giken-super-lock-lsds.html)

Z1 Performance 08-26-2009 02:16 PM

OS Giken Super Lock LSD's

If you are looking for the best LSD for the Z/G, at a price that doesn't break the bank like a Drexler unit will, then come on in!

OS Giken is one of Japan's oldest, and respected manufacturers, who's products are used in countless forms of motorsport. They began in the early 70's, producing race engines with Nissan Corporation

What makes the OS Giken different from the competition is in the details

http://www.z1auto.com/images/osgikenlsd.jpg

OS Giken SUPER LOCK LSD advantages :

.:. A true 100% locking LSD: No movement of internal parts means less heat is generated while in operation and less wear of the friction disks. Less initial torque loss and incredible longevity and durability can be realized.

.:. Proven Durability and Reliability: No drop in performance or loss of initial torque, even during long and stressful endurance races.

.:. Straight line stability: During a drag race, our LSD will lock 100% and provide torque equally to each powered wheel.

.:. Customizable: Lock timing can be customized by adjusting the spring inside the pressure ring (we can do this on an as-needed basis for you, depending upon your requirements). Tune the LSD to custom fit any application and set-up of your desired vehicle and driving style/skill level for optimum performance.

.:. By using a pressure control ring, the LSD responds smoothly to the application of initial torque. Lock engagement is smooth and the impact vibration is significantly reduced. This increases the stability of the vehicle and allows more freedom for the driver to trace the desired racing line.

.:. On snow tracks and regions with unstable road conditions, our OS SUPER LOCK LSD easily adapts and adjusts tire rotation to increase vehicle stability. Bad weather and harsh road conditions are not a problem when the vehicle is equipped with an OS SUPER LOCK LSD

.:. Less under-steer during cornering: When entering into a corner with the throttle closed, the spring inside the pressure control ring will react accordingly and immediately return the differential's internal components to the original initial torque settings and thus creating less under-steer. However, with a conventional differential, there will be a lapse of time before returning to the initial torque settings, as it takes time for the cone springs to react and make contact with the friction disk in order to close the pressure ring.

.:. When exiting from a corner, our LSD's transition to the full 100% lock position is smooth and predictable. This gives the vehicle better traction and stability, resulting in better lap times while racing.

.:. OS Giken SUPER LOCK LSDs do not require any break-in process. OS SUPER LOCK LSD's are composed of parts that have been precisely machined to exact specifications and are ready to use upon installation. Their casings are special heat treated, the spider gears internally are also fully forged units and precisely machined to give reliable, consistant performance.

Install - the OS Giken diff's are drop in replacements for all BASE model 350Z's and G35's with open LSD's (not for X models though). If your Z has a factory viscous, some additional parts will be needed. We can easily supply all the parts needed for install as well!

Pricing:

2003-2008 BASE Model cars only (those with open factory diffs: $1449 shipped in the 48 states

2003-2008 cars with factory viscous diff - $1624 shipped in the 48 states

Bearings, seals, ring gear bolts are also available for an extra cost (not required, but highly recommended once you're back there)

To order, just give us a call!

Z1 Performance 09-15-2009 03:10 PM

ttt!!!!

Vader007 09-15-2009 10:35 PM

Why would the open diff be cheaper?
Usually they are the units that require extra parts.

Z1 Performance 09-16-2009 05:26 AM

as posted

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance (Post 7688284)
Install - the OS Giken diff's are drop in replacements for all BASE model 350Z's and G35's with open LSD's (not for X models though). If your Z has a factory viscous, some additional parts will be needed. We can easily supply all the parts needed for install as well!

Z1 Performance 09-21-2009 01:25 PM

up top for Monday!

Z1 Performance 10-02-2009 03:39 PM

up top!!!

Z1 Performance 10-07-2009 04:27 PM

bump!!!

B1nKs 10-08-2009 07:12 PM

Hey I just wanted to thank Z1. I called them earlier today and was asking about the OS Giken compared to the Quaife for my 370z and they were VERY helpful and did not rush the phone call or sound impatient like they were trying to get me off the phone even though I told them I would not be buying right now. I will be purchasing my diff from them as long as their price is competitive and will be getting one the the above mentioned diffs from them. Thanks Z1 for the help yall were simply awesome help !

RudeG_v2.0 10-12-2009 04:12 AM

Is it compatible with the 3.3 final drive of the 5AT?

Z1 Performance 10-12-2009 07:00 AM

no, these are only for use with manual transmission based ring and pinions

WIDEBODY 10-20-2009 01:38 PM

how much lead time to order one for a 2003 with factory viscous diff?

Z1 Performance 10-20-2009 01:51 PM

a few days

2fasst 10-21-2009 10:25 PM

Since you also sell Quaife, can you give us the pros and cons of both. thanks!

Z1 Performance 10-22-2009 04:33 AM

if you search my posts on LSD's, I've explained them all in detail in previous threads. You can also check our website, as we have very detailed descriptions of each

vagmag 10-30-2009 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance (Post 7859662)
if you search my posts on LSD's, I've explained them all in detail in previous threads. You can also check our website, as we have very detailed descriptions of each

Can you make a direct comparison?
positive and negative of each?

Z1 Performance 11-14-2009 06:31 AM

weekend bump!

dikspiel 11-22-2009 08:15 AM

OS Giken is dope

Z1 Performance 12-08-2009 04:25 PM

more coming in this week!

dikspiel 12-11-2009 01:26 PM

Thank you Adam. Payment sent!

Z1 Performance 12-19-2009 07:37 AM

more diffs arrived, down to just a couple left!