MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Drivetrain (https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain-50/)
-   -   Clicking Noise on take off and when shifting??? (https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/100100-clicking-noise-on-take-off-and-when-shifting.html)

Huckingfellers 11-23-2004 10:29 PM

Clicking Noise on take off and when shifting???

I was out beating on the car one day before getting the tires changed and decided to do donuts and burn em up a lil more. Some how the VDC system popped on and stayed on even after i pushed the switch; until i turned off car and started. Since the donuts when I take off I get a click click click noise , then shift into second and get click again. If slow enough in town you will hear it going into third too. It does it when it is in gear already and i lket off then get on the throttle again too. What is it?? Differentials?
Also when I am moving along in 3rd or 4th gear and then let off and let the motor slow me down I get a vibrating that feels like from the drive shaft at a certain range of RPMs. Is it twisted ??
Im new to this forum, my car is in garage for winter and I am going to poor a bunch of money into her so she flat out screams next spring. Hope fully you people in here can help me along. First car I am tuning myself and dont really know what works well on this car. Know this winter i want:
Headers/Exhaust, Cams,Intake,Lightened Flywheel, A quality Clutch,Lightened pulleys,Suspension,Brake kit. Super charger gonna have to wait till next winter or I come across some more funds I can spare after this! Any Help will be greatly appreciated!!!

rgreene 11-23-2004 11:09 PM

I had this on my car, took it to the Nissan dealer and got it fixed. One of the bearings needed to be replaced, I think this is a common issue.

Huckingfellers 11-23-2004 11:47 PM

Originally posted by rgreene
I had this on my car, took it to the Nissan dealer and got it fixed. One of the bearings needed to be replaced, I think this is a common issue.
That would be great if it is all it is. Think it will mater if I wait till spring to bring it in. It's off the road with comprehensive ins. till spring. Would have to put it on a flatbed! Not even sure what my warranty is, LOL, probably should check on that. I got 12, 350 miles on it since May 17th. Only fluid changes done on it so far. you guys have anything major done I should have done or had checked since then??

taurran 11-24-2004 10:24 AM

My 03 Track had the same problem but its fixed now.

There is a TSB from Nissan out on this issue. If you take the car to the dealer they should be aware of it if they do much work on 350z's, and should be able to fix it within a few hours if they have the parts on hand.

Liz Z 06-08-2019 02:34 AM

This is Liz Zs Husband Asking ?s here/ Liz Z just bought an 05 Anniversary 350Z with like 5K miles on it .It is making the Weird CLICKING NOISE from the Back of the Car ,maybe Axles . Before I go crazy looking and taking parts off What is this Noise ? Isaw on youtube that some guy took his Axels out and used Loc-Tite on the splines . Is this the big Fix or can I retorque the Axels and go from there. Is the Car DANGEROUS to Drive like this??? Please Help ASAP THANKS

travlee 06-08-2019 03:52 AM

Google 350z axle click

Rocky91890 06-10-2019 05:08 PM

Not to thread jack, but I figure its better to keep the same/similar issues in the same thread, but I have the same issue. Not the same cause, but I have replaced both axles with brand new OEM ones, as well as greased them well and this just made the clicking worse. Is there any other known causes for this?

Liz Z 06-11-2019 03:21 AM

Wow ROCKY, that is CRAZY. You would think that would be the best Fix. If the STEALER=Dealer will not Fix mine for FREE. I will try the LOC-TITE Trick and see how it Works.

Rocky91890 06-11-2019 08:13 AM

Let me know how it works for you.

I'm getting close to my breaking point on it. Bought it 2 years ago with 38k miles on it, and haven't even been able to put another 3k miles on it since owning it trying to track down things...replaced differential bushings, which then led to new driveshaft since the u joints were shot, more vibrations that I thought I had figured out, and then this clicking starts...I'll end up with a head of grey hair before I'm 30 haha

travlee 06-11-2019 09:15 AM

at least you still have hair

Rocky91890 06-11-2019 10:53 AM

At this point I would be willing to trade it for a click/vibration free driving experience

oldfreakingguy 06-11-2019 12:14 PM

No problem. Just do donuts in the opposite direction. All things being equal ,you should be OK

Rocky91890 06-11-2019 12:38 PM

Have never done a donut, nor spun the tires at all in it. I just don't feel the need to beat on it.