Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Anyone try the 350EVO short shifter yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

two unanswered emails sent to 350evo inquiring about a gb. makes me very angry. those baztards are even sponsors on this site, aren't they? you'd think they would be more communicative. i guess they don't give a fzuk. one-finger salute to you, 350evo.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Z BOY

Originally posted by Z33
It's worth pointing out that fitting a non-OEM shift **** can alter the behaviour of any shifter. My Rogue shifts shorter than 20% simply because the **** sits more than an inch lower than OEM.

I also have no vibration issues at any RPM, probably because the **** is heavier than OEM. I'm fitting a Stillen engine damper this week; it'll be interesting to see whether there are any problems with vibration afterwards.

Effort is up, but the additional mass of the **** helps there as well. Interestingly enough, the 1-2 and 2-3 balkiness at higher RPMs that my '03 has shown since day 1 is completely gone.

I don't need adjustability, since I'm the only one driving my Z, and I suspect the B&M would be _too_ short with my lower ****. Getting the Rogue shipped for $192 in a GB made it the best choice for my Z, bar none.
wt stock z ****=207g; wt alum voodoo mag=195g; wt titan voodoo mag=280g, per voodoobob.
ps: i just installed my new pearl mag, and i freakin luv it! thanx for the idea . I think its the best **** for the z.

Last edited by Z BOY; 02-09-2005 at 11:55 PM.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:13 AM
uro279

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Z BOY
two unanswered emails sent to 350evo inquiring about a gb. makes me very angry. those baztards are even sponsors on this site, aren't they? you'd think they would be more communicative. i guess they don't give a fzuk. one-finger salute to you, 350evo.
I have to admit, I'm not pleased with 350evo's lack of responses to either emails or voicemail.

I know they were busy last week, but there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for not returning messages.

They're running a business. If they want customer's and to maintain a good rep, they MUST respect our inquiries.

Yes, they make good products, but that's not enough. If you have prob, you would like to be to contact SOMEONE regarding the problem, otherwise, you basically bought a bad product (although actually it may not be) because no one can help you figure out the prob.

We're all busy, but when I get messages, I try to return them within 24hrs.. In this case, the voice mail and email have been about 2 weeks. Also, I have gotten a response from some guy over there who always tells me to call back! Very poor business etiquette.

Sorry 350evo, you may make very good products, but you lack professionalism in customer relations and this WILL LOSE YOU customer's. There was even a GB that was trying to form but you upset the guy trying to start it as you can see above. I agree with him. However, I may still buy your product or purchase Rogue directly from them.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:16 AM
uro279

Originally posted by Poizon
I just ordered the 350 evo short shifter. I am very courious about the ball bearing action. I still love the B&M. But I might like BJs shifter better.

Great review I will give one as well as soon as I get the evo installed.
Thanks. Looking forward to your review.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:30 AM
ezee

Originally posted by Poizon
I just ordered the 350 evo short shifter. I am very courious about the ball bearing action. I still love the B&M. But I might like BJs shifter better.

Great review I will give one as well as soon as I get the evo installed.
Looking forward to your review.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:15 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the rougue shifter and I'm not sure if it's the shifter or the transmission but it feels harder than it should to get the car into 5th, 6th, and reverse.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:19 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

Service has turned really sub-par ...

1. Sent an email last week to 350EVO .. no response.

2. Then, called 350EVO last Thursday, Feb 3 ... everybody out except for a Porsche rep.. no help. (Understand that this past weekend was a race weekend ... ok, forgiving).

3. No response after coming back from a business trip ... now Thursday morning - Feb 10, US time ... called at 10:05 AM Ohio time .. voice message only.

4. Sent BJ at EVO an email ...

5. Called again --- 2 times (my international calling expense .. nobody there).

Not good customer service at all ... and I am being very polite with 350EVO ... because we should all expect the best customer service (and I have had good service before).

I will wait for a response .. and if nothing, THE end.

Old 02-10-2005, 07:27 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

OK guys .... let us all be forgiving here .. I just received the following response on my email from BJ...

"Being a small shop that we are it is tough to get back to people as quickly as we would like to all the time. We have been very busy with the 24 hour race and another GAC project. We returned late Monday only to have to turn around and take 9 PCA cars to Sebring for a race down there.....on top of that I have been in bed at home with a 103 degree fever and haven't even been able to go down to Florida with the other guys from the shop.
The past month has been crazy and is now settling down.
I apologize for the delays but its been a little hectic.
Cheers"

Summary ... I still plan on ordering from 350EVO and BJ ...

I can't wait to try the new shifter .....
Old 02-10-2005, 07:39 AM
dwnshift

I apoligize for any and all delays.
Here is a basic outline of what has been going on.
I am pretty much the only one in our shop that takes care of all the products getting stocked, going through the web site forums, answering emails, phone calls and shipping out orders....plus taking care of all the other logistical work with Wright Tuning. Keep in mind that if I am not in the shop......these things get delayed.
I have been out of the shop since last Tuesday for the Daytona 24 weekend. I returned late Monday afternoon and went into the shop on Tuesday Morning. We had to unload 2 trailers and prep and load 9 PCA cars to return back to Sebring for an event this weekend. I then went home on Tuesday night @ 10 PM and crawlled into bed with a 103.5 degree fever. The rest of the shop has left to fly back down to florida and today is the first time since Tuesday night I have even gotten out of bed. I now have to reschedule my flight and leave tomorrow morning to fly back down to Florida to race on Sunday.
We have been extremly busy over the last month and a half as most of our in house guys have been working up at Doran Racings shop which put a huge strain on what went on in our shop. This ment that I had to be used elsewhere in the shop besides 350EVO.
This is just how it has been....I apologize about any delays...it has just been a little bumpy around here and we havent been able to get to all the phone calls and emails.
At this time we dont offer any group buy's on our products.
BJ@350EVO.com
Old 02-10-2005, 07:41 AM
dwnshift

PS......I still love you guys!

I am also trying to get a new something really good from the drawing board and into production......then get it approved for GAC.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:46 PM
uro279

BJ!

Great to hear from you!

I knew there had to be a good reason for not getting replies. It's just too bad someone else can't be there to assist.

Well, hopefully we can support you so that you can expand (ie get more staff).

I am wondering where you are with the shift ***** we spoke about? Have they come in yet?

Thanx and glad your feeling better!
Old 02-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Poizon

I hope its not a shifter!
Old 02-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Poizon

By the way guys. I ordered the shifter on line and the e-mail response back was like right now. I should have my shifter by monday.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Z BOY

btzt
Old 02-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Z BOY

installd mine today. amazingly short throw, but its vibrating like crazy. will get it adjusted monday. i love the sound it makes with each throw...clickclick.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:04 PM
fairladyZ in Japan

Originally posted by Z BOY
installd mine today. amazingly short throw, but its vibrating like crazy. will get it adjusted monday. i love the sound it makes with each throw...clickclick.
Z BOY ... Thanks for the post and keep us updated on your adjustments and impressions.

Poizon / uro279 ... any updates ?

I ordered the 350EVO shifter last Friday/Feb 18 .. and it is now winging its way to Japan. Will receive the shifter on Monday ... & have it installed later this week. I will post my impressions next weekend.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:21 PM
uro279

Originally posted by fairladyZ in Japan
Z BOY ... Thanks for the post and keep us updated on your adjustments and impressions.

Poizon / uro279 ... any updates ?

I ordered the 350EVO shifter last Friday/Feb 18 .. and it is now winging its way to Japan. Will receive the shifter on Monday ... & have it installed later this week. I will post my impressions next weekend.
Havn't gotten mine yet. Been too busy. Hopefully soon.

Looking forward to your update as well as Poizon's.

Thanks for the review Z BOY! Keep us posted.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:50 AM
Z BOY

Observations during a drive tonite: the noise is a high frequency rattle that begins at around 4k rpm and becomes louder with increasing rpms. The sound actually becomes even louder when i let my foot off the gas. The noise cannot be stopped by manipulating the ****/shifter; it can be changed somewhat, but not stopped. No visual increase in **** shaking noted with this shifter. The sound seems to be coming from the bottom of the shifter. I'll get it checked out further on Monday.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:56 AM
zillinois

Make sure that the shifter cup has plenty of grease and tighten up the bolt. That should quiet it down.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:20 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

Originally posted by zillinois
Make sure that the shifter cup has plenty of grease and tighten up the bolt. That should quiet it down.

zillinois ... Great feedback -- thanks !!!

Talked with BJ ... and asked him about the torque specs ..

Pretty wide range ... 5-10 foot lbs .. I plan to start around 8.

Any feedback in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Anyone try the 350EVO short shifter yet?