MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Drivetrain (https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain-50/)
-   -   bizarre tach behavior (https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/256465-bizarre-tach-behavior.html)

sdl13 03-15-2007 06:52 PM

bizarre tach behavior

Hey guys, hope someone can help me out. I've got a new 06 roadster with 1500 miles. Yesterday I made a u-turn at a light, accelerated, shifted and noticed my tach needle wasn't moving, it appeard to be stuck in place. Then it jerked a couple times to different readings and then began to operate normally. Continued my drive hope, played with the rpms, all appeared normal the rest of the drive. Decided I was imagining things.

Today. Made a u-turn and saw the exact same behavior. Tach needle appeared to be stuck and it took a couple of shifts and a quarter mile before it came back to normal operation.

So I'd appreciate any advice or insight. Figure a call to the dealer is in order in the morning.

Thanks,

sdl13
SS 06 ZR

Mike Wazowski 03-15-2007 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by sdl13
Hey guys, hope someone can help me out. I've got a new 06 roadster with 1500 miles. Yesterday I made a u-turn at a light, accelerated, shifted and noticed my tach needle wasn't moving, it appeard to be stuck in place. Then it jerked a couple times to different readings and then began to operate normally. Continued my drive hope, played with the rpms, all appeared normal the rest of the drive. Decided I was imagining things.

Today. Made a u-turn and saw the exact same behavior. Tach needle appeared to be stuck and it took a couple of shifts and a quarter mile before it came back to normal operation.

So I'd appreciate any advice or insight. Figure a call to the dealer is in order in the morning.
Thanks,

sdl13
SS 06 ZR

what exactly did you need help with? seems that you came up with the answer all by yourself.

sdl13 03-15-2007 07:01 PM

Just thought someone might have seen this before, possibly had it resolved - or know what causes it. Seemed like this was a good group to ask.

sdl13

dozzer1b 03-15-2007 07:03 PM

it happens 2 a lot of us....in my 2 years w/ 2 different Z's...its happened a total of 4 times.....so......its jus something that happens....seems to only happen when its really hot out...and the heat is hitting the tach.....only my experiences....no fix 4 it...jus a glitch in the matrix!!!!!!

rocks 03-15-2007 07:04 PM

That happend to me yesterday. My speedometer was stuck too for a few minutes.

sdl13 03-15-2007 07:15 PM

I was stopped at the light with the top down and sun behind me, temp about 75, so there was plenty of heat on the tach. Just wonder how that would affect its operation. Sorry it's happening to others but at the same time just a little relieved.

sdl13
SS 06 ZR

ambientflier 03-15-2007 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
what exactly did you need help with? seems that you came up with the answer all by yourself.

That was a dick thing to say. I thought that's what the Z forums are for?

plumpzz 03-15-2007 09:45 PM

when the sun hits the tach, it goes blank for some reaosn. Next time it does that, block the sun, and youll see it goes normal again.

Mike Wazowski 03-16-2007 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by ambientflier
That was a dick thing to say. I thought that's what the Z forums are for?

how do you figure? The best person to handle something like that would be the dealer. If your feelings get hurt so easily you should never move away from home.

I hope your not a member on clubrsx.com because they will eat you alive.

People on this forum need to get some tougher skin :icon22: