Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Clutch Pedal sticks. What do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 09:26 AM
StraySheep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 06 Z GT is having this exact same problem as 05Redline.

For those that changed the clutch fluid, the did it solve the problem and if the problem comes back, just change the clutch fluid again?

Or it's better to have the slave cylinder repleaced?
I know there's a recall for the 07+ Z to replace the slave cylinder, does it mean that 06 Z's slave cylinder is fine?

Thanks
Old 04-26-2009, 11:21 AM
spinemittens

Originally Posted by StraySheep
My 06 Z GT is having this exact same problem as 05Redline.

For those that changed the clutch fluid, the did it solve the problem and if the problem comes back, just change the clutch fluid again?

Or it's better to have the slave cylinder repleaced?
I know there's a recall for the 07+ Z to replace the slave cylinder, does it mean that 06 Z's slave cylinder is fine?

Thanks
I have an 05 and my slave cylinder was replaced with my clutch, but I'm still having the problem. Clutch was replaced because it was slipping and I told them to replace the slave because i was having the sticking problem. So for me it's not the clutch or slave, I'm going to try the clutch fluid next. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:29 PM
kevin8086

ok so i been having the sticking clutch issue so i drained all the fluid and replaced it. feels GREAT, only problem is that when i first start the car i have almost no pressure. if i can manage to get it in gear after a few shifts the i hear a clunk and the pressure is perfect shifts better then ever. problem is that if i turn the car off pressure still GREAT but when i start the car no more pressure again. so only on start up do i have a problem otherwise everything is great.
oh and after start up even if i pump the pedal it will not build pressure i have to drive it in gear and do a few shifts before i hear a clunk or something and then everything is great again