MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Drivetrain (https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain-50/)
-   -   **BREAKING NEWS on our 350Z ECU's** Woo Hoo (https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/32156-breaking-news-on-our-350z-ecus-woo-hoo.html)

12SecZ 06-06-2003 01:52 PM

**BREAKING NEWS on our 350Z ECU's** Woo Hoo

Just got off the phone with the General Manager of my dealership.

On the 16th Japan is releasing the English version of ECU's for our car! Over 10+ HP! Fuel/emissions were the main issues.

I also have other suprises that will be announced in 10 days that you will not be able to buy anywhere else, it's propitery to my Dealership and a deal they have with some people (more than one manafacturer)

Stay tuned for pics, OMG you won't believe my car when it is done.

Don't ask prices or what it is etc please, I turn my car in Wed for 4 days and they want everything low key about my bonus stuff,

the ECU you can talk that to death just my secret stuff is on the down low for now!

Peas!

Moodie 06-06-2003 02:10 PM

How much will the ECU be? Should be under warranty if installed at the dealer, correct?:D :D

Ez350 06-06-2003 02:23 PM

Okay....I have to ask. Not to be nit-picky, but when you say "Japan," do you mean Nissan?

And is the ECU one of the items that will only be available to your dealership?

Thanks.

franklinz 06-06-2003 02:23 PM

keep us posted! :D
franklinz

trash259 06-06-2003 02:55 PM

Re: **BREAKING NEWS on our 350Z ECU's** Woo Hoo

Originally posted by MaxHax

On the 16th Japan is releasing the English version of ECU's for our car! Over 10+ HP! Fuel/emissions were the main issues.

I also have other suprises that will be announced in 10 days that you will not be able to buy anywhere else, it's propitery to my Dealership and a deal they have with some people (more than one manafacturer)

Stay tuned for pics, OMG you won't believe my car when it is done.

Don't ask prices or what it is etc please, I turn my car in Wed for 4 days and they want everything low key about my bonus stuff,

the ECU you can talk that to death just my secret stuff is on the down low for now!

Peas!

now why leave us hanging like this...j/k keep us updated

all_bark 06-06-2003 03:13 PM

so that means there is a little competition for Chebosto!

I wonder what they will do in the "warrantied" version of a factory ecu.

Will they allow all mods to work better? IMO yes.
Will they raise the redline rpm? no.
Will they warranty it? yes.
Will they rape you on the pricing? DEFINITELY YES!
Better than Chebosto's? NO, Only the warranty will be the benefit. I believe in what Chebosto's guys are doing and bet they do a more complete job than Nismo.

This, of course, is just my outspoken opinion!

shaneotool 06-06-2003 03:31 PM

I hope this is for real and not some dealership BS, cause I just shot off in my shorts.

99AllTurbo 06-06-2003 03:32 PM

TO make sure, do you mean Nismo, or a different aftermarket company in Japan making an ECU upgrade?

Should you even be believing the dumb people at the dealership?

zoasis 06-06-2003 03:45 PM

I can't wait!! Max, please keep us updated asap. If Max says its unbelievable, it must be something badaZZ!!!

all_bark 06-06-2003 04:53 PM

Originally posted by shaneotool
I hope this is for real and not some dealership BS, cause I just shot off in my shorts.
that got me laughing!

SirZaLot 06-06-2003 05:26 PM

How come the NISMO ECU can only put out 10+ hp??
Doesn't sound like much..... :(

Alev 06-06-2003 08:07 PM

I'm guessing this is the long-rumored passenger ejector seat, right?

All kidding aside, I hope the ECU actually turns out. I'm surprised something like that wasn't listed in the initial Nismo launch list considering the 16th is right around the corner. Who knows, though... given that I'm in SoCal, I'm fairly sure I'll go with the Technosquare crew, but in the meantime, I'll be waiting to hear more about your developments, Max. BTW, can you at least give us a hint as to how high the ejector seat will actually launch passengers? :D :D Looking forward to it...

chaz 06-06-2003 08:28 PM

Re: Re: **BREAKING NEWS on our 350Z ECU's** Woo Hoo

Originally posted by Alev
I'm guessing this is the long-rumored passenger ejector seat, right?

I thought they weren't going to release the ejector seat till the '04 convertables were out. At least that's what Q told me when he was installing the smoke screen and rocket launcher.

rodH 06-06-2003 08:54 PM

DUDE, You MUST clearify, is this Nismo/nissan or someone else???

westpak 06-06-2003 09:17 PM

This should hav been titled "BREAKING NEW RUMOR" where are the news???

zoasis 06-06-2003 09:49 PM

Originally posted by VQracer
This is weird info.

If Nissan released a better high performance ECU it would be under NISMO, but there isn't an ECU listed under the curretn NISMO U.S. price sheet.

Victor :confused:

I would assume because its not being unveiled until the 16th, or its just a rumor, or its not Nismo or Nissan.

webcarconnection 06-06-2003 10:10 PM

More Info please!!!:D

12SecZ 06-07-2003 12:51 AM

Jeff Collins General Manager Future Nissan told me it's coming from Japan and it's NISMO. He specializes in after marke goddies to trick out the Z.

He is the one I am dealing with on my body kit and rims (there, that is my secret. 8.5 front, 9.5 rear great offset, billets simply off the hook! Front bottom spoiler with never seen before grille (inside bumper not out) top and bottom rear spolier that goes around the exhaust and top doesn't block your view and makes the stock spoiler look silly.

Then the rims, can't give the manafacturer or prices, so there you have it, oh all installed and painted by them too! Just wait for the pics you will be like damn... My jaw dropped when I saw the Demo! I think tomorow I am gonna go take a digital pic of the damn thing I am so excited! I shot my load on the show rooom floor! Raced home and posted it with trembling hands and stuff!

As for the ECU

Call them or call your dealer or call it BS, I believe him, this dealership is cutting edge and stays on top of stuff.

http://www.futurenissan.com/theme/frameset/top.cfm

Ask for Jeff Collins if it's BS call him on it he said it to my face and didn't stutter and they get my car on Wed at 10am for 4 days and it's a set appointment and they know I don't play games.

If it's BS tell him. I'm curiuos myself. I just finished 4 12 hour shifts and I am off 3 days but Monday is the memorial and I have planning etc to do logistic wise (3 different states)

I encourage others to check into this ECU news, that's why I posted it because if it's BS he has egg on his face so let's get to the bottom of it! If it's not BS then who better to do it than NISMO???

12SecZ 06-07-2003 01:23 AM

Here is what I could find on the net

http://www.stillen.com/sportscars.asp?cat=3&subcat=149

You have to add all the parts together from page 1 through 9, front spolier, rear spoiler top and bottom version 1 on the top, not the tall one and then both side skirts and a new grille rockers etc etc it's everything I am getting the entire kit in D Blue.

but I think it's the rims that complete it.

Anyway, time to crash, let's see what tomorow holds!

STILLEN has just released their full body kit for the Nissan 350Z, featuring a front fascia, side rockers and rear valance, creating an aggressive touch with a superior fit and finish for the sports car. The look, feel, fit, and finish are factory quality thanks to the direct molding process STILLEN employs. Molding the urethane directly to the body of a 350Z at our in-house design studio, craftsmen are able to understand the car's contours firsthand enabling them to produce the best urethane products possible. STILLEN has been creating urethane components in this fashion for decades, and the 350Z kit is no exception. Part #1035009 - Front Fascia, #1035012 - Driver Side Rocker, #1035013 - Passenger Side Rocker, #1035018 - Rear Valance.

Then add the spolier and rims

zland 06-07-2003 08:51 AM

Jeff Collins General Manager Future Nissan told me it's coming from Japan and it's NISMO. He specializes in after marke goddies to trick out the Z.

MaxHax:

If this ECU is coming from NISMO, do you know if it will be classified as S tune or R tune? As you may know, S tune is for street and with warranty. To me, this would inply it would still pass smog. R tune would not have a warranty and most likely not pass smog.

Jeff