Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Loud Squeel When Clutch Pushed to Floor

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 09:45 PM
bmellZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud Squeel When Clutch Pushed to Floor

Hey guys,

I just had my clutch and flywheel replaced. For the clutch I got the Exedy stage 1 and for the flywheel I went with the Spec aluminum flywheel...

Everything ran good for the first 250miles and then I began getting a Whining/Grinding noise when I have the clutch pedal on the floor. The throw-out bearing etc was replaced with what came with the clutch kit.

I dont get the whining/grinding when the clutch is pressed until the car is up to temperature. The tech at the tranny shop tried adjusting the length of the throw to see if maybe the clutch was being moved to much but there is still the noise.

Does anyone have any experience or ideas as to what is going on? is it the throw-out bearing, pilot bearing or release bearing? Is there anything the shop could have done wrong?

I am up in Canada and I ordered the clutch from the states so the shop is not going to warranty anything because I didnt buy the clutch through them.

I have ordered the release bearing and the throw-out bearing and plan to order the pilot bearing aswell...

Should I be parking the car? Can I do anymore damage by driving it?

thanks for all your help!
Old 08-16-2009, 03:09 PM
bmellZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one has any Answers?