Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Graffkid732: Voltex Kit, Stroked 3.4L GT47-88 2jz Getrag 6 Speed 350z build

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 01:30 AM
Justin100

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

If it were me I would've first started with just putting in the engine and having a drivable car around town.

Then buy turbo kit and latch it on with cams and a tune with bigger injectors for 600 pump or 700 hp e85.

Then slowly buy all the garage mak stuff and accessories last.

From my understanding from this guy on /drive YouTube who was driving a 700 hp Toyota supra he said driving a 1000 hp on on the road sucks lots of lag etc he likes 600 to 700 hp more you don't need to stroke the 2jz unless your looking at some crazy high hp number..... But then again why would you need it the aventador 1600 hp ugr tt kit 0 to 60 2.2 seconds from 2.8 stock..... Why you need to go .6 seconds faster is beyond me...

Old 10-02-2015, 04:21 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin100
if i do a swap i expect everything to be finished ideally 1 month. max 2 months period.

id rather keep my car stock or have all the money upfront for the swap.

a car sitting for years to finish the swap because of lack of money = like vin diesel would say what are they planning on doing? riding on hopes and dreams?

It's not always about the money. "$HIT HAPPENS."

If it were me I would've first started with just putting in the engine and having a drivable car around town.

Then buy turbo kit and latch it on with cams and a tune with bigger injectors for 600 pump or 700 hp e85.

Then slowly buy all the garage mak stuff and accessories last.

From my understanding from this guy on /drive YouTube who was driving a 700 hp Toyota supra he said driving a 1000 hp on on the road sucks lots of lag etc he likes 600 to 700 hp more you don't need to stroke the 2jz unless your looking at some crazy high hp number..... But then again why would you need it the aventador 1600 hp ugr tt kit 0 to 60 2.2 seconds from 2.8 stock..... Why you need to go .6 seconds faster is beyond me...

https://youtu.be/uHcKfTbS3hc
0 to 60 time? Really?
The following users liked this post:
abarclay (10-02-2015)
Old 10-02-2015, 09:54 AM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I didn't want to do little bit here then stop just to drive it. Then do some more. Then a little bit more. If that's how I wanted to do it, I would have. I wanted to do everything at once and that was it. I am having plenty of fun now that I have a fun car to drive. It's not like I am coming on here complaining that this build isn't done. To be honest, everyone else complains it's not done except for me. Also, if you think this stuff is as easy as just paying and it shows up on time then you have never really purchased parts before. I was told 2-3 months for some parts and I'm on 5 months now. All I can do is wait. I applaud those who can drop this kind of money at once, I wish I had the capability of doing so. Even people that do have this kind of money, for the most part it still takes years to complete. If it bothers you that much, unsubscribe and move on or PM me and I'll give you a rough estimate of what is left and you can forward the funds to me, I don't know what else to tell you.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by graffkid732
I didn't want to do little bit here then stop just to drive it. Then do some more. Then a little bit more. If that's how I wanted to do it, I would have. I wanted to do everything at once and that was it. I am having plenty of fun now that I have a fun car to drive. It's not like I am coming on here complaining that this build isn't done. To be honest, everyone else complains it's not done except for me. Also, if you think this stuff is as easy as just paying and it shows up on time then you have never really purchased parts before. I was told 2-3 months for some parts and I'm on 5 months now. All I can do is wait. I applaud those who can drop this kind of money at once, I wish I had the capability of doing so. Even people that do have this kind of money, for the most part it still takes years to complete. If it bothers you that much, unsubscribe and move on or PM me and I'll give you a rough estimate of what is left and you can forward the funds to me, I don't know what else to tell you.
Dog don't listen to their ********. My350z has been invaded with ricers and stance boys. They are of the millenial spineless population. They all want instant gratification and instagram likes. Thats why they all have the same body kits, same one of 5 exhausts, stance etc coils and steering wheel.

You don't need to defend yourself or your car. Not saying that as telling you what to do, or that you don't already know that. Just know there are plenty of people on this site who have respect for you and what youre doing.

Life isnt all about the build. When you rush a car it ends up never being done because you're not content.

I dislike a huge majority of the online car popluation just for the reason they have no respect or clue what it's like putting your car under the knife. It's nothing forza motorsports kiddies. If you don't like that, then go back to stanceworks and look at all the camber or something
The following 2 users liked this post by Resmarted:
ImWeeZzel (05-16-2016), KingBaby (10-28-2015)
Old 10-02-2015, 12:17 PM
ZMoneyPIT

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

Brutally honest as always Resmarted. Graff keep it up, great builds can't happen overnight. I'll definitely be around waiting for you to finish. All of these turds will be onto their next platform ready to stance it out...
Old 10-02-2015, 01:05 PM
Justin100

my uncle had a built subaru sti....plays tough guy on the street...still lives with mommy and daddy....
Old 10-02-2015, 01:46 PM
Resmarted

my uncle had a built subaru sti....plays tough guy on the street...still lives with mommy and daddy....
Justin you're just worthless. Your opinions are worthless. You're overall contribution to this forum and likely society as a whole, is worthless. All you've done on here is criticize some really sick builds, criticize all women of being emoitionless *****, try to somehow talk **** on me, and then ask really dumb questions. You don't even hold the mental capacity to do a google image search and find out if AMS fenders fit up with oem bumpers.

I really shouldn't barate you in this thread as well, but keep your overall fukkboyness out of threads like this.

You've got issues bro and you need to spend time sorting them out.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:50 PM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by ZMoneyPIT
Brutally honest as always Resmarted. Graff keep it up, great builds can't happen overnight. I'll definitely be around waiting for you to finish. All of these turds will be onto their next platform ready to stance it out...
Thanks for seeing it how it is. I dont know if the guy is borderline retarded, 16, or what but it's so useless and braindead.

Anyone who uses youtube videos to decide how someone else should build their car is a clueless moron.

Sorry Mike, i'll not go on this toxic tangent again
Old 10-02-2015, 02:40 PM
Justin100

i like it how people make videos of tuners versus ricers and make fun of ricers.

maybe ill make a video on youtube making fun of tuners ....who throw all their money into a car and crash it within a month....part out and only get 1/3 of all the money they put into their cars...

show a guy flyby in his 700 hp car...then another clip of him waiting for his mom to cook him dinner and wash his clothes and clean his room

or people who have their cars sit in the garage for years and years and never finished the project...0hp 0tq

i know plenty of people, who have their cars sit in the garage for many years and never finished what they started all built on hopes and dreams.

Last edited by Justin100; 10-02-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:13 AM
350zion
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't Kno guys like this still existed????? Little guy you have no clue what your talking about or how foolish you sound..

The fact that you mention you Kno plenty of people who have cars in their garage that are not completed, and the reference to your uncle still living at home with his parents clues me in to the possibility that your also a young guy living at home talking **** all day.

This forum hasn't changed a bit!!!

Mike keep at it, I'll see you Saturday...
Resmarted (10-08-2015)
Old 10-28-2015, 12:05 PM
pancakepuncher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike question, what kind of setup are you using for your exhaust, I know its kind of a stupid question but are you going 350z catback then fabing from the turbo back or fabing the whole thing, going single and picking up a nice muffler? btw I love the build, slow and steady wins the race!
Old 10-29-2015, 12:02 AM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by pancakepuncher
Mike question, what kind of setup are you using for your exhaust, I know its kind of a stupid question but are you going 350z catback then fabing from the turbo back or fabing the whole thing, going single and picking up a nice muffler? btw I love the build, slow and steady wins the race!
I'd be surprised if he wasn't doing custom. The size of the turbo warrants at least a full 4" exhaust. Nothing off the shelf can really give that, aside from a dual setup. Which I'd be surprised if he is going to use... A gt4788 is a huge honking turbo. Just HUGE.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:22 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Boost is the devil
graffkid732 (11-01-2015)
Old 10-29-2015, 01:28 AM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by KingBaby
Boost is the devil

So is doin the dirty.

What's it gonna be choir boy?

(Just having a poke at you! Not serious lmao)
The following 3 users liked this post by Resmarted:
graffkid732 (11-01-2015), KingBaby (10-30-2015), NA&CH (11-04-2015)
Old 10-29-2015, 08:12 AM
midz350

Originally Posted by Resmarted
I'd be surprised if he wasn't doing custom. The size of the turbo warrants at least a full 4" exhaust. Nothing off the shelf can really give that, aside from a dual setup. Which I'd be surprised if he is going to use... A gt4788 is a huge honking turbo. Just HUGE.

I remember Intense Power did a single turbo build and used a Supra single exhaust. They said it wasn't much of work to make it fit in the Z. IIRC

I can't find the build though
Old 11-01-2015, 08:15 AM
graffkid732

Originally Posted by pancakepuncher
Thanks man. I will be doing a custom exhaust downpipe to muffler.

Some good news though. Received an email on Friday letting me know that some stuff has come in and was shipped to me. They'll be here on Friday from what the tracking says. The good ole it'll be here in 3 months turned into the usual 5-6 month wait.
Resmarted (11-02-2015)
Old 11-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by midz350
I remember Intense Power did a single turbo build and used a Supra single exhaust. They said it wasn't much of work to make it fit in the Z. IIRC

I can't find the build though
Was it that stroker vq35 in the widebody yellow car? Had some weird like custom wide fenders that made the car look basically bloated?
Old 11-03-2015, 02:41 AM
midz350

Was it that stroker vq35 in the widebody yellow car? Had some weird like custom wide fenders that made the car look basically bloated?
I remember it was silver with I believe PowerLab single turbo kit.

The one you mean is the twin GT37's and 1000whp yellow beast.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by midz350
I remember it was silver with I believe PowerLab single turbo kit.

The one you mean is the twin GT37's and 1000whp yellow beast.
Yeah that's the yellow one I was talking about. 4.2 with AEBS sleeves.

And I think I remember the silver one vaguely.

Although to be honest, fitting a straight exhaust from one car to another shouldn't be TOO hard lol. So a large exhaust for a supra on a Z doesn't seem like too big of a deal imho.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:58 AM
graffkid732

Of course one of the boxes showed up destroyed but luckily the parts were in good condition with 0 issues. If I can I will take everything out and assemble it then snap some pics this weekend. I have some teaser pics I took real fast but do them no justice so I'll just wait.

Quick Reply: Graffkid732: Voltex Kit, Stroked 3.4L GT47-88 2jz Getrag 6 Speed 350z build