Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Fuel system options surge tank or twin in-tank pumps?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 10:27 AM
TT03Z

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Fuel system options surge tank or twin in-tank pumps?

Hey all looking for some opinions on my fuel system... I'm at a crossroads between doing a fuel surge tank with dual or triple pumps or doing CJM's twin in tank pump. I like the surge tank idea for a few reasons. with the surge tank i will probably never run out of fuel and probably wont ever need to upgrade it. But they are pricey with the costs of multiple pumps and will require a lot more install time and modification to the car. The CJM pump kit comes with pumps but is also pricey but will require a lot less modification to the car. For a little background I have the CJM stage 2 return kit, 1000cc injectors, greddy twin upgraded TD06 20g kit, built sleeved motor, and dont plan on running E85 ill mostly be tuning on 93 and c16. I'm also at a crossroads with which pumps to buy. I already have an aeromotive 340lph in the tank now. With a radium surge tank i would most likely go with the dual external 044's. With a dual or triple internal surge tank i would probably go with the walbro pumps as they are a bit cheaper than the rest. I'm fully capable of doing both installs and financially prepared for either or i just dont know wtf i wanna do yet haha. any input would be much appreciated guys!
Old 02-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Total D

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

If you are not planning on making over 1000rwhp, the CJM dual setup (can support over a 1000rwhp) would be my choice. Actually that's the route I went on my build. The only reason I've changed the setup, is due to wanting more than the system can handle. You already have most of the CJM setup, so just finish it off with the dual in tank and be done with it. Very easy to install, if the person knows what they are doing.