Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Fidanza short shifter, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 10:10 PM
Hybrid90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fidanza short shifter, anyone?

I've tried their lightened flywheel before and it's a great product but never tried their short shifter before. Just curious if anyone has this on their car and if so, what are your reviews? Thanks in advance!

http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merch...ry_Code=PRC02H
Old 09-19-2005, 10:15 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Hmm? Looks so much like the B&M shifter.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:01 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Don't buy it is not worth it. I took it out and put the stock one back in.

I bought a short shifter on Ebay that was labeled as Fidanza so I figured it would be a good product, the seller has a good reputation and only sells car peformance parts so I figred it was safe. I even checked the Fidanza website and although the site did not show the shifter pictures of other shifters looked similar so I went ahead and bought it and put it in a couple of months ago and was unhappy almost right away and finally
got around to taking it off and putting the stock one back on

The issues I had with it were:

The shifter had a lot of wabble like when the bushings wear out, the base/bushings where it bolts to the tranny linkage was not wide enough and had too much play.

The shifting was very notchy and sometimes was hard to get into 5th/6th, this was probably because it doesn't use the stock guide plate, it made the stock shifter feel like you were cutting through butter with a hot knife.

And now the worst, when it got hot like during hard driving a long trip over an hour the shifter got stuck and you could not get it into reverse, the first time it happened was in Atlanta on my way to Zdays and it freaked me out
until I realized that it was probably the cup expanding and getting stuck in the tranny linkage I would have to wait for things to cool of or sometimes punching the top of the shifter did it

Here is a picture of the shifter, which looks like good quality and looks like the one on the zcarparts site
Old 09-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Hybrid90

Westpak - hey thanks for the thorough review of the shifter. I guess the price is what attracted me to it, guess you get what you pay for. I'll be buying the Rogue shifter now since there are many good reviews about them...
Old 09-20-2005, 01:39 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Yeah the prie is what attracted me as well but now is just 100 bucks down the drain, unless someone wants to buy it
Old 01-14-2018, 06:47 AM
achampagne

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Update: has anyone used a fidanza shortshifter since the last time this thread was updated.