Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Clutch/Flywheel downshfiting chatter

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 05:07 PM
zedsdeadbaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch/Flywheel downshfiting chatter

hello fellas. i just had a Competition Clutch stage 2 clutch and lightweight (18lbs) flywheel installed on my 2006 z. Only drove 50 miles so far and im not sure what the issue is.

I understand going from a dmf to single will give out chatter but this is different. take off is trickier which is fine and i will get use to it but downshifting is the concern. i believe potentially either the flywheel or pressure plate are warped/faulty. its hard to explain the sound and feeling i am getting now. its a rough shuttter/chatter/grinding noise. in low rpm range in 2nd gear to pick up and get speed it makes the noise aswell. also reverse is alot harder to navigate now and makes this noise to. going up in the gears i am not getting any negative feedback. it seems only on engagement i am experiencing this issue.

reading this i myself would think its just lw flywheel chatter its normal but the downshifting issue i dont understand. i feel something is wrong, and never heard anyone with that issue. i dont even notice idle chatter. going from 5th gear to 4th it does it same with 4th to 3rd etc. sounds like something isnt meshing properly.

i also changed to SS line and put new slave and master in and bled the system.

Last edited by zedsdeadbaby; 02-10-2018 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:17 AM
guitman32

Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts

Check:
Shifter plate alignment
Cluch pedal/cmc pushrod adjustment to make sure you are fully engaging/disengaging properly

If you lug a single mass flywheel it will make a lot of racket and is totally normal. And if your clutch or pressure plate is warped youd probably feel it all the time. Did you toque the pressure plate in stages like it outlines in the FSM?

Try and post a vid of the sound.