MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Drivetrain (https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain-50/)
-   -   NISMO Mods (https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/7569-nismo-mods.html)

Budyee 11-18-2002 02:49 PM

I would op for the supercharger. Only problem with a turbo on the 350z would be the low redline. Turbos take some rpms to spool so your power output would be in a very narrow band whereas a supercharger would cover a more broad rpm range.

3rdpower 11-18-2002 03:37 PM

I'm all for Supercharger - more partical - more affordable.

I'm sure they'll Turbo it though... Nissan and Nismo are known for their excellent turbos. I don't know how well this engine will handle it however. It'll be interesting non-the-less.

TJZ 11-18-2002 03:47 PM

Originally posted by 3rdpower
I'm all for Supercharger - more partical - more affordable.

I'm sure they'll Turbo it though... Nissan and Nismo are known for their excellent turbos. I don't know how well this engine will handle it however. It'll be interesting non-the-less.

SCs cost just as much as turbos. I'm not sure what you mean by partical. Also, any boost being run on turbos wouldn't exceed whatever the 9-10 psi that SCs would be running, so engine life between the two wouldn't be different (hopefully, both long).

TRACK350z 11-18-2002 05:49 PM

Turbo pathfinder???? I think NOT!!!!!

According to the nissan dealer here, that disclaimer is on most of the nissan vehicles manuals including the pathfinder!

Turbo pathfinder???? I think NOT!!!!!

alex30327 11-19-2002 03:56 PM

Will the Supercharger even be worth the money? I have never put an after market Supercharger or turbo on a car and was wondering if it will be a nightmare to maintain. Also what are the chances that the engine will blow up with a supercharger compared to a turbo?

Mr B 11-19-2002 05:27 PM

Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe
doesnt toyota (trd) make a supercharger aftermarket kit for some t100's or something? i think they are covered under warranty.

i am not saying nissan will, just wondering if it had been done already.

m

TRD does make a supercharger for the Solara V6, Tacoma/4runner V6, and T100 I4 and they are all covered under warranty. I also believe the Tundra has a S/C option too.

TJZ 11-19-2002 05:32 PM

Originally posted by alex30327
Will the Supercharger even be worth the money? I have never put an after market Supercharger or turbo on a car and was wondering if it will be a nightmare to maintain. Also what are the chances that the engine will blow up with a supercharger compared to a turbo?
Is it worth the money? Well that depends on you. You're going to have to maintain both or you'll run into problems. Chances are, both a SC or a TC developed for are cars will run no more than 10psi. The engine doesn't know the difference so there's no one that safer than the other. It's a common misconception that SC's are very reliable and turbos are not. They're both reliable if you maintain them. They both will give you a serious headache if you don't.