Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

My Crank Pulley Dyno Results....

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 06:11 PM
CaneZMD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the pulley is great. Throttle response is better and the car feels lighter. That being said, mine will be coming off after only 200 or so miles. Gotta get the stock ratio for the Vortec kit.
Anyone need a red, BARELY used UR pulley?
Old 05-31-2004, 08:08 PM
gotagetmyZ

CaneZMD

I just PM'ed you. Even after all the negative talk I might be interested.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:40 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how long ago was your last pull? its hotter out now..
Old 06-01-2004, 04:59 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Jason@Performance
how long ago was your last pull? its hotter out now..
Like a month and a half....it doesnt matter the numbers are SAE corrected, I am not posting actual dyno results...Jason, I will be getting in contact with you shortly about a Tilton set-up.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:43 AM
phoenixZ33

Originally posted by gotagetmyZ
CaneZMD

Even after all the negative talk I might be interested.
And this is why the aftermarket stays in business..
Old 06-01-2004, 09:31 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Pulley affects a/f? ECU is load-based??

I think this thread is becoming a great candidate for the ultimate misinformation thread.

Ok.. my turn: "The world is flat."
Old 06-01-2004, 09:37 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally posted by zxsaint
Pulley affects a/f? ECU is load-based??

I think this thread is becoming a great candidate for the ultimate misinformation thread.

Ok.. my turn: "The world is flat."
Hey, I dont understand how my cars a/f's changed with a pulley, but I have 3 dyno plots with a/f showing it. Coulda been a bad guage for all I know, like Ive said before take it for what it's worth. My buddy also dynoed there, and his a/f's where the same as his previous dyno, so in other words his a/f's didnt change
Old 06-01-2004, 10:04 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

As far as the numbers go, I wouldn't consider any dyno accurate within 10rwhp over a timespan of 1 month. SAE also uses a formula to adjust the numbers based on temp/alt/etc. Not entirely accurate either, especially considering the dynojet operater can adjust this at any time during calibration. You could have easily made 5-7 and not show it due to the # of factors involved. The only way to really use a dyno accurately is to redyno the same day or at least within the same week to get an idea.

Also, are you running the exact same wheels/tires as your baseline?

Lets take a look at the chart...
Old 06-01-2004, 10:09 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by zxsaint
As far as the numbers go, I wouldn't consider any dyno accurate within 10rwhp over a timespan of 1 month. SAE also uses a formula to adjust the numbers based on temp/alt/etc. Not entirely accurate either, especially considering the dynojet operater can adjust this at any time during calibration. You could have easily made 5-7 and not show it due to the # of factors involved. The only way to really use a dyno accurately is to redyno the same day or at least within the same week to get an idea.

Also, are you running the exact same wheels/tires as your baseline?

Lets take a look at the chart...
I was going to say the samething about the dyno. However, he failed to notice any improvement at the strip as well. Although, that could be due to any number of factors as well.

Alberto said he wasn't going to post the results.

Oh, and the world isn't just flat, it also happens to be a cube.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

ZXSaint, I used the same wheels/tires as the first time. I always dyno at this place, and if 1 month or 4 months goes by when I dyno there, if the part makes power I get results, if it makes very little, as I was shocked when I dynoed the AEM/Crawford plenum, then it shows as well. I can email you my dynos if you would like I have no host to post the graphs, but I will email you and you can post if you'd like....
Old 06-01-2004, 02:05 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Sure, got the winpep file by any chance?

That way I can lay it on top of various other Z dyno charts that have a similar combination of mods (including pulley) to look for any common trends. I've made some interesting discoveries with this method.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:51 PM
ChrisMCagle

I have U/R Pulleys and KINETIX Cats (as well as a few other things). It seems as though the power that I originally felt when I installed the mods has gradually diminished over time. Keep in mind that this is strictly my Butt-dyno reading. I am going to the Dyno Day on the 12th to get my "real" dyno reading to compare against my baseline numbers (which you can see along with the graph in my sig). The base was done with just a grounding kit and K&N drop-in filter. I'm anxious to see what type of increase I get with my current mods (including the pulleys).

-Chris
Old 06-02-2004, 08:11 AM
Static

The true test would be for you to take off the pulley and redyno your car.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:21 AM
hfm

Originally posted by Static
On the same day. Good post man.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:37 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally posted by Static
Man some of you guys are never happy. I've spent $240 in the past few months for dyno time, to dyno all my petty N/A mods, I am not going back to the dyno for a long time. The true test for me was last Saturday, and the pulley failed in my gradebook. It also failed @ the track where my traps were the same as before the pulley, actually slightly lower, so sorry guys. For those of you with the pulley good luck. ZXSaint I'm not sure what type of file I have, they are saved on a disk from the dyno place. I use the Dynojet runviewer to see them....whats your email I'll send you some dyno's.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:43 AM
Static

Originally posted by Alberto
Man some of you guys are never happy. I've spent $240 in the past few months for dyno time, to dyno all my petty N/A mods, I am not going back to the dyno for a long time. The true test for me was last Saturday, and the pulley failed in my gradebook. It also failed @ the track where my traps were the same as before the pulley, actually slightly lower, so sorry guys. For those of you with the pulley good luck. ZXSaint I'm not sure what type of file I have, they are saved on a disk from the dyno place. I use the Dynojet runviewer to see them....whats your email I'll send you some dyno's.
I'm just saying, your about the first person I've heard that dyno'd their car with the pulley and have not gotten positive results...
Old 06-02-2004, 08:43 AM
PoWeRtRiP

first of all your trap speed is not an indicator of your hp. second you are the first i have seen that has not gotten any gains from the ur pulley thats why we have a hard time swallowing it. personally from my experience i felt the pulleys make a difference but it took about a week before i felt all of the gains.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:46 AM
Static

Originally posted by PoWeRtRiP
first of all your trap speed is not an indicator of your hp. second you are the first i have seen that has not gotten any gains from the ur pulley thats why we have a hard time swallowing it. personally from my experience i felt the pulleys make a difference but it took about a week before i felt all of the gains.
Heh.. looks like we are thinking the same thing. I just don't understand people who are so quick to jump to conclusions and remove mods that seem to be working for everyone else. I have a feeling there is something else going on with your car.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:00 AM
hfm

I've spent $240 in the past few months for dyno time, to dyno all my petty N/A mods, I am not going back to the dyno for a long time.
I appreciate the time and expense you've spent as well as your opinion.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:06 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

ZXSaint I'm not sure what type of file I have, they are saved on a disk from the dyno place. I use the Dynojet runviewer to see them....whats your email I'll send you some dyno's.
Perfect!! zxsaint@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: My Crank Pulley Dyno Results....