Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Crawford "Tune-up"

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 12:31 PM
axxizzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you cant say that it isnt true nis350ztt

I havent heard much about NA cars throwing rods after a few thousand miles...
Old 02-21-2005, 12:39 PM
uro279

Default New Sport Compact centrifugal supercharger article

Read it. It states that actually, to a certain extent, FI may be safer that NA.

Sounds like everything is relative.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by axxizzer
you cant say that it isnt true nis350ztt

I havent heard much about NA cars throwing rods after a few thousand miles...
I can say that we don't know what caused it.

Of course you haven't, the top N/A person is what? 280rwhp? The F/I 350Z's are throwing rods at 380 - 450rwhp.

I'm thinking it's the crank and cam angle sensor wire.

BTW, I did: because i'm tired of Z BOY posting useless posts all over the forum. Apparently he doesn't read the F/I threads and assumes it's from the rods.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Z BOY

Originally posted by nis350ztt
I can say that we don't know what caused it.

Of course you haven't, the top N/A person is what? 280rwhp? The F/I 350Z's are throwing rods at 380 - 450rwhp.

I'm thinking it's the crank and cam angle sensor wire.

BTW, I did: because i'm tired of Z BOY posting useless posts all over the forum. Apparently he doesn't read the F/I threads and assumes it's from the rods.
Useless? Are you becoming a little napoleonic now that you are a moderator?
It is well known by very smart people that our high compression engines don't handle FI well. You are obviously not one of those, and you are trying to defend your stupidity by name calling. Good luck with that. I wish there was a smilie of someone with their head in the sand, because that's you, my brother.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:23 PM
kosmic

lol zboy. Actually, I crunched some numbers a while back and let's say you spend 18k on an engine build up, exuahst, high flow cats / resonated test pipes and APS TT (the kit I plugged into my spreadsheet) and you get 500 RWHP which is very doable with the base kit as proved by Tuan...on stock internals (for now)

Assuming 230 base RWHP, the difference is 270 extra RWHP. Divide $18,000 by 270 and you pay $67 per extra horse. Soooo...more expensive overall, but good bang for the buck.

Now let's say just for argument that you could do the whole crawford tune up package, exhaust, res. TPs / HF cats for $6000. Divide that by the extra 70 rwhp = $85 / HP.

Of course, 6k is a hellofalot less than 18k. Just depends on what you want to spend and how fast is "fast enough"

<disclaimer>
None of those numbers are necessarily "real" -- Just "ballparks" and could be easily off by 10% - 15% in any direction. All of the above are just my assumptions based on limited knowledge
</disclaimer>
Old 02-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by Z BOY
Useless? Are you becoming a little napoleonic now that you are a moderator?
It is well known by very smart people that our high compression engines don't handle FI well. You are obviously not one of those, and you are trying to defend your stupidity by name calling. Good luck with that. I wish there was a smilie of someone with their head in the sand, because that's you, my brother.
Quote where I called you a name...I didn't.

Ask almost anyone who has gone F/I on their Z why their motor blew...most will say it's from the rods being so weak and/or running too much boost. I'm not saying this motor doesn't have weak rods, i'm saying that the rods will hold up longer than most think due to varied crank and/or cam angle signals.

I have always thought most of your posts are useless, I reported you 3 or 4 times as a regular member. I'm not going to ban you if you don't see things my way, we all our entitled to our opinion. BTW, why are you cool on tech but on here you are an *******? I just wondered that, because most of the posts on tech I agree with you, on here...it's different, do you hate this site or something?

BTW, Charles, Tuan, and quite a few others are running over 450rwhp and running the car HARD with no problems. It's not that their rods were made any different.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:40 PM
PhoenixINX

As Moderator, could you do your job and keep this thread ON TOPIC.

Thanks

The reason for this package is that as it stands right now, the FI packages are NOT going to last for someone wanting to go out and track their car.

The founding priciples behinds Crawfords cars are so they can do just that... road race.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by PhoenixINX
As Moderator, could you do your job and keep this thread ON TOPIC.

Thanks

The reason for this package is that as it stands right now, the FI packages are NOT going to last for someone wanting to go out and track their car.

The founding priciples behinds Crawfords cars are so they can do just that... road race.
Agreed, I was just thinking it's getting way too far off topic. Then again, there isn't anything to talk about as we don't have any updates (and there are probably none due to the cast plenum, which is understandable). And my job as a moderator is to make sure people follow the rules, which off-topic replies in a thread aren't against...although I wish they were.

Ok.

Back on topic now, is the finishing date still around late Feb./early March?
Old 02-21-2005, 03:03 PM
uro279

Hey VandyZ,

I never got a response regarding the possible fuel issue of the car as stated above.

Could you please address this?

Thanks.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:20 PM
PhoenixINX

Originally posted by uro279
Hey VandyZ,

I never got a response regarding the possible fuel issue of the car as stated above.

Could you please address this?

Thanks.
The car has zero fuel issues.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Z BOY

Originally posted by nis350ztt
Quote where I called you a name...I didn't.

Ask almost anyone who has gone F/I on their Z why their motor blew...most will say it's from the rods being so weak and/or running too much boost. I'm not saying this motor doesn't have weak rods, i'm saying that the rods will hold up longer than most think due to varied crank and/or cam angle signals.

I have always thought most of your posts are useless, I reported you 3 or 4 times as a regular member. I'm not going to ban you if you don't see things my way, we all our entitled to our opinion. BTW, why are you cool on tech but on here you are an *******? I just wondered that, because most of the posts on tech I agree with you, on here...it's different, do you hate this site or something?

BTW, Charles, Tuan, and quite a few others are running over 450rwhp and running the car HARD with no problems. It's not that their rods were made any different.
pm sent.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:49 PM
uro279

Originally posted by PhoenixINX
The car has zero fuel issues.
How do you know?

I ask because in the last issue of SportZ mag., one of the Nissan team members said that the Z could not handle much more fuel requirements above stock (See my previous posts and others on this issue)

We were told that Doug or someone would explain better, but no explanation has been given.

Can you find out more info for us regarding this issue?

Thanks.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Zmego1985

Do you people honestly think Doug and the Crawford team didn't think about this ahead of time? Doug would never mention a product if it would hurt our cars. I trust Doug and Crawford 100 percent, and if some of you don't well thats sad because Doug knows these cars inside and out. If you need more assurance talk to a reflasher like technosqaure they can even tell you fuel is not a issue for NA as long as you have the computer reflashed for the mods you have.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Bump..........
Old 03-13-2005, 09:35 PM
o snap its eric

dont expect it to come cheap
Old 03-18-2005, 02:18 AM
Machupo

this or tomei 268's & head porting? hrmmmm......

actually, just a lame excuse to bump this back up
Old 03-18-2005, 03:30 AM
Z CRUZN

Originally Posted by Machupo
this or tomei 268's & head porting? hrmmmm......

actually, just a lame excuse to bump this back up
Expect Doug & his crew to go back on this soon....they have been swamped over the past couple months with the new cast plenum final development, fine-tuning & shipping. I drove Doug's Z a few weeks ago while down there getting the flywheel/clutch installed & it was a screamer already - approx. 285-290 RWHP (head work & radical cams - Tomei, I believe). Correct me if I'm wrong doug or Adam.......
Old 03-18-2005, 03:53 AM
VandyZ

Not tomei, cams are custom grinds.

BTW, the project is about to be back on the front burner again.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:00 AM
jeffw

Do y'all have plans to up compression with new heads or use the new Nissan lower plenum?
--
Jeff
Old 03-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Z BOY

so is the plan for this upgrade to be a daily driver? if so, i'm very interested!

Quick Reply: Crawford "Tune-up"