Notices

Vq35de?hr?revup?

Old 07-14-2018, 06:19 PM
David Lyall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vq35de?hr?revup?

So plain an simple needing to figure which engine an year is best for drift car swap. My goal is to make a drifting sleeper that is never been done to my knowledge. So between the vq35de or hr or revup an if there is a better one that is cheapest tbh budget is key sense its a never been done swap that i know an a bunch of fab work i can do myself but gonna keep na for now. an if i can get the vq35de from a an xterra or frontier need whole vehicle for the swap. i thank you all ahead of time.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:42 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by David Lyall
So plain an simple needing to figure which engine an year is best for drift car swap. My goal is to make a drifting sleeper that is never been done to my knowledge. So between the vq35de or hr or revup an if there is a better one that is cheapest tbh budget is key sense its a never been done swap that i know an a bunch of fab work i can do myself but gonna keep na for now. an if i can get the vq35de from a an xterra or frontier need whole vehicle for the swap. i thank you all ahead of time.
DE is going to be least expensive route. Note I didn’t say “cheap”. Relative to other engines, e.g., Honda or Chevy as examples, the VQ isn’t a cheap engine to build CORRECTLY. But not prohibitive.

More general hot rod parts readily available for it and a wealth of knowledge about them, even more than HR.

This is all presuming we’re not talking Z chassis, right? (Else why the comment regarding alternate sources...)
Old 07-14-2018, 08:06 PM
David Lyall

Originally Posted by MicVelo

DE is going to be least expensive route. Note I didn’t say “cheap”. Relative to other engines, e.g., Honda or Chevy as examples, the VQ isn’t a cheap engine to build CORRECTLY. But not prohibitive.

More general hot rod parts readily available for it and a wealth of knowledge about them, even more than HR.

This is all presuming we’re not talking Z chassis, right? (Else why the comment regarding alternate sources...)
Other sources were if it was to much money for a 350z so i was hoping there would be another way to acquire what is needed. But if DE is as well best route then I'll be heading that route.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:11 PM
David Lyall

Originally Posted by MicVelo

ps its going into another vehicle miata that was rwd. Ive done my research an have not seen a single person do this an mainly cuz every person says v8 it. An if i wanted 8 cylinders i would do a lexus 450i 4.4 v8 swap.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:54 AM
ZZZ-033

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

David will you go with forced induction? If you're doing an NA build I'd go with a HR myself, but if you're turboing it, DE is the way to go IMO