MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction (DIY) (https://my350z.com/forum/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction-diy-458/)
-   -   Vq35de?hr?revup? (https://my350z.com/forum/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction-diy/619929-vq35de-hr-revup.html)

David Lyall 07-14-2018 06:19 PM

Vq35de?hr?revup?

So plain an simple needing to figure which engine an year is best for drift car swap. My goal is to make a drifting sleeper that is never been done to my knowledge. So between the vq35de or hr or revup an if there is a better one that is cheapest tbh budget is key sense its a never been done swap that i know an a bunch of fab work i can do myself but gonna keep na for now. an if i can get the vq35de from a an xterra or frontier need whole vehicle for the swap. i thank you all ahead of time.

MicVelo 07-14-2018 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by David Lyall (Post 10964066)
So plain an simple needing to figure which engine an year is best for drift car swap. My goal is to make a drifting sleeper that is never been done to my knowledge. So between the vq35de or hr or revup an if there is a better one that is cheapest tbh budget is key sense its a never been done swap that i know an a bunch of fab work i can do myself but gonna keep na for now. an if i can get the vq35de from a an xterra or frontier need whole vehicle for the swap. i thank you all ahead of time.

DE is going to be least expensive route. Note I didn’t say “cheap”. Relative to other engines, e.g., Honda or Chevy as examples, the VQ isn’t a cheap engine to build CORRECTLY. But not prohibitive.

More general hot rod parts readily available for it and a wealth of knowledge about them, even more than HR.

This is all presuming we’re not talking Z chassis, right? (Else why the comment regarding alternate sources...)

David Lyall 07-14-2018 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by MicVelo (Post 10964067)

DE is going to be least expensive route. Note I didn’t say “cheap”. Relative to other engines, e.g., Honda or Chevy as examples, the VQ isn’t a cheap engine to build CORRECTLY. But not prohibitive.

More general hot rod parts readily available for it and a wealth of knowledge about them, even more than HR.

This is all presuming we’re not talking Z chassis, right? (Else why the comment regarding alternate sources...)

Other sources were if it was to much money for a 350z so i was hoping there would be another way to acquire what is needed. But if DE is as well best route then I'll be heading that route.

David Lyall 07-14-2018 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by MicVelo (Post 10964067)

ps its going into another vehicle miata that was rwd. Ive done my research an have not seen a single person do this an mainly cuz every person says v8 it. An if i wanted 8 cylinders i would do a lexus 450i 4.4 v8 swap.

ZZZ-033 03-14-2019 05:54 AM

David will you go with forced induction? If you're doing an NA build I'd go with a HR myself, but if you're turboing it, DE is the way to go IMO