Notices
Engine Swaps For all your engine swap experiences, ideas, questions, & more..

Merry Christmas to me

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 09:13 AM
jksstar

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

any updates on your car?
Old 09-22-2016, 02:15 PM
CUL8ER

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jksstar
any updates on your car?

Yeah but before I get all serious an ****. Puppy.Name:  DSC05074_zpsrylr1ndx.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  278.8 KB

Pit/Bull dog(ukc purple ribbon, bla,bla) He is blue/white/fawn. He will only get 60lbs or so but he will be stocky. His name is Doug

Last edited by CUL8ER; 09-22-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:38 PM
CUL8ER

So an update..

He we go, Tuner never had time to really do any work we was running around with his head cut off(chicken) and he didn't know the Z paltform so any little thing throw him for a loop. And to make it worse A buddy was a go between and the tuner was blaming all or lack of work on my buddy.
So I had a conversation with my buddy who never really ask/wanted any money he just wanted to help out. So I go to deal with the tuner by myself.

I tell the tuner that it's just me and him. so another month goes by and now he can't do any thing because he somehow blew the 120v and can't get gas in the car. I pick it up the next day. I get it home and me and the same buddy and his friend get every leak straitened out replace the main fuse and about 7 others. I had no windows,fan,lights,taillights. Fire it right up and it still needs a tune. I don't know what the turner did/didn't do but I only gave him 200$ and he had my car for 4 months.
The crappy thing is now both those guys don't talk to each other. So to try and save myself money I ended up spending 200 each way on tows and a friendship but who throws someone under the bus

The car is getting ready Right now I picked up some rear rims/tires, And found a spot for the 7" holley touch screen and mounted it. The car will be towed to DB performance in the 2nd week in oct. But I still need to brake it in, 500/trans1000/motor before I get on it.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:42 PM
CUL8ER

Here are the rim/tires MT et streets. radial pro in 275/65/275.=10.5x28x15. Rims are weld pro knock offs. Visions in 15x8 with a 5.5 backspacing of what it says on the box+27.
I had the rims powdered in 20%flat black.
Name:  DSC05069_zpsoiwcnik8.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  298.5 KB
Old 09-22-2016, 02:49 PM
CUL8ER

Don't look at my dirty car. it's had a lot of hands on it recently, don't judge me.
Name:  DSC05083_zps4js1fu1z.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  318.1 KB
Old 09-25-2016, 04:35 PM
mkiv20vt

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mmmmm, those Mickey Ts look yummy back there. Keep up the work, man!
Old 09-28-2016, 03:46 AM
jksstar

Originally Posted by CUL8ER
Yeah but before I get all serious an ****. Puppy.

Pit/Bull dog(ukc purple ribbon, bla,bla) He is blue/white/fawn. He will only get 60lbs or so but he will be stocky. His name is Doug

Doug looks awesome !!!

Sorry to hear about your car, sounds like you getting it worked out now. looking forward to seeing it done!
Old 10-02-2016, 12:15 PM
CUL8ER

Alright I dropped the trans by myself 2 days ago and last night ryan josh and I got it back in.
After replacing the leaky clutch slave. hooked up the lines and finely I have clutch pressure and a pedal.
Checked it again today and it's butter. Man that was a nightmare.

And after doing some reading and finding out just how many amps these ford taurus fans pull. I did away with the factory 14 gauge wiring and ran 1 fan to the ign and I ran the second to a switch. That I havn't found a spot for the switch yet. I might put in under the holley 7' touch screen along with the greddy boost gauge.

Getting tuned the 13th of oct so I hope to have some good news by then.
here is a pick of the holly screen just sitting it the spot I mounted it too after the pic was taken so it's not enen yet.Name:  DSC05108_zpsrhxb9d18.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  322.5 KB

Last edited by CUL8ER; 10-02-2016 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:29 PM
HRMoneyPit

Received 268 Likes on 218 Posts

All this power for stock brakes?
Old 10-02-2016, 10:19 PM
mastatikle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HRMoneyPit
Lol I'm pretty sure he plans to upgrade those in the future. I think his main goal right now is to get this thing running right. Brakes are simple and can be done anytime
Old 10-03-2016, 04:51 AM
jksstar

I have a turbo ls swap and stock brakes. It always stops
The following users liked this post:
Classy (10-05-2016)
Old 10-03-2016, 04:52 AM
jksstar

Originally Posted by CUL8ER
Alright I dropped the trans by myself 2 days ago and last night ryan josh and I got it back in.
After replacing the leaky clutch slave. hooked up the lines and finely I have clutch pressure and a pedal.
Checked it again today and it's butter. Man that was a nightmare.

And after doing some reading and finding out just how many amps these ford taurus fans pull. I did away with the factory 14 gauge wiring and ran 1 fan to the ign and I ran the second to a switch. That I havn't found a spot for the switch yet. I might put in under the holley 7' touch screen along with the greddy boost gauge.

Getting tuned the 13th of oct so I hope to have some good news by then.
here is a pick of the holly screen just sitting it the spot I mounted it too after the pic was taken so it's not enen yet.

Congrats , glad you getting it worked out, been along road!!!

Post dyno vids and track times to follow!!!!
Old 10-03-2016, 09:36 AM
CUL8ER

Thanks guy's yeah it's been a minute for sure. I did go to the running ace's car show with the car last year with the boosted VQ I think that's on the 15th of oct. I think I had the VQ out and sold 1 week later. Not bad considering it sat for almost 4 months(may-aug) with maybe 5 hours spent on it...

But the trans was dropped a total of 3 times 2 by me, well me and friends.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:58 AM
CUL8ER

yeah right.. Not really stock though, pads, SS braided line, dot5, rotors.
To be honest this set up held no problem at 590,640, on the streets, even at very high speeds like the kind you achieve only in mexico. I have gone to BIR and did notice brake fade after lap 3. But all in all these 06+ 350z brakes hold up pretty well once you do the mods mentioned above.

But at 8-900+ I will say they are probably on there way out. My friend Ryan was showing my some black wilwoods a couple of days ago in a 4 and a 6 piston set up. So I will probably go that route but only with the fronts I want a 15" rim to fit on the rear. Alot more sticky tires to pick from in a 15"

I'm also looking at that IP rear diff brace(to go with the 1500hp DSS axles and 1.5 ATS LSD). gonna post a wanted for that see if I can't get lucky and find a nice used 1 for a buck.

I might post the/a dyno run/pull. this will be just brake in. no real power/boost till next year.. Minnesota next year so in may. And no time slips till june, And I don't want to do a cage so I might only get 1 or 2 runs in before I am told to leave. but I will post once I do cause this is not a grudge match car so numbers will be posted.

Last edited by CUL8ER; 10-03-2016 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:13 AM
HRMoneyPit

Received 268 Likes on 218 Posts

You don't track? That's my main concern of asking

On the street you get that speed and brake as couple times. Track is over and over
Old 10-20-2016, 03:56 AM
jksstar

So how the tune go?
Old 10-20-2016, 05:53 PM
CUL8ER

So how the tune go?

Car was tow'ed to DB on the 10th of Oct. I was lucky to get it in then even though I have been talking to them since july. In MN that's how it goes, too many cars not enough good/trusted shops.

Well the tuner at DB goes to hook up to the Holley HP to check out the tune that was put on there by Kyle and make sure it's good to build on. Turns out to be too many inputs and outputs, like it was a base tune for the Dominator which it was. The Holley HP is a cheaper version then the Holley Dominator, so it has less inputs/outputs.

Not the end of the world and nothing was damaged but DB will have to start from scratch on the tune. I did make a mistake in not correctly running the boost lines. I had it hooked up as dome pressure but didn't have a Dome pressure sensor on the wastegates.
So a couple of hours to fix that and rewire the fans(2) and fuel pumps(3) to the Holley HP.
Then start tuning the tuner wants to only tune on a pound or 2 because of the new clutch(RXT McLoed)

The shop has cars that are in front of me so I just have to wait my turn. I would really like to get 500 miles on the clutch and trans before the snow flies as MN is unpredictable. I will post the results when I get them here I've waited this long what's 1 more month right.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:30 AM
jksstar

that blows man, snow starts falling around the end of Nov? Hoping the best , looking forward to seeing this thing run!
Old 12-05-2016, 03:43 PM
CUL8ER

You don't track? That's my main concern of asking

On the street you get that speed and brake as couple times. Track is over and over
No not really I mean I have but.. I know I will get flamed for saying this but it's boring...
After tracking a r6/r1/1198 a car has no where near the same feeling. Well any car I can afford any ways.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:01 PM
CUL8ER

that blows man, snow starts falling around the end of Nov? Hoping the best , looking forward to seeing this thing run!
Yeah it blows but that's life... **** here in MN it could snow in Oct but at the moment we have clear streets. and temps in the high 30's that will soon change.

Well this might turn into a 2nd Merry Christmas to me, I received an update a couple of days ago.

The Taurus fans, all 3 fuel pumps and waste gate censor wring is done. car is running but the NTK o2 censor was bad thanks to kyle downloading a dom file to it and running it as a bosch censor. So had to order a new 1. Wait for it to come in before they could tune it. So I am hoping it should be good to go this week. The car will go on the dyno with just a couple pounds of boost. I've ask for a video of that so once I get it I will pop it up on here.

So I will still have to wait till april/may 2017 to get a proper dyno session and #'s.
The following users liked this post:
jksstar (12-12-2016)

Quick Reply: Merry Christmas to me