Notices
Engine Swaps For all your engine swap experiences, ideas, questions, & more..

04 DE won't start after engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 10:11 AM
z33cole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 DE won't start after engine swap

**Before I explain my situation let me say that I have searched the forums constantly for weeks, and while I have found useful information I haven't solved my current issue.

I have an 04 350z 6 speed and about 6 months ago the engine went. I swapped in a vq35de non-revup out of a g35 Coupe automatic and just swapped over my clutch and flywheel onto the new-to-me engine in place of the torque converter. Still using my original ECU and harness. Once everything was back together the car would crank and crank but not start and run. I dropped the crank sensor and it started and ran, but very poorly. I assumed the flywheel was positioned wrong so I dropped the transmission and sure enough it was. So I lined it up correctly with the dial pin on the crank and put it back together. It still wouldn't start and run, so I dropped the crank sensor again and it fired right up. It ran and idled smooth. I don't see how it could be the flywheel again since I aligned it correctly this time, but it won't run with the crank sensor installed at all. Already replaced both cam sensors and crank sensor, and still nothing. Kind of at a loss here, if anyone has any info to help me it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:05 PM
sherm3721

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in the same boat. Put a RevUp from an '06 G35 into an '04 350z. No spark on my end.
Old 08-17-2019, 04:50 PM
Taylor009

Default Security system making it trip

Originally Posted by z33cole
Is your security system tripping or is you navigating system screen coming up and turning on ?
**Before I explain my situation let me say that I have searched the forums constantly for weeks, and while I have found useful information I haven't solved my current issue.

I have an 04 350z 6 speed and about 6 months ago the engine went. I swapped in a vq35de non-revup out of a g35 Coupe automatic and just swapped over my clutch and flywheel onto the new-to-me engine in place of the torque converter. Still using my original ECU and harness. Once everything was back together the car would crank and crank but not start and run. I dropped the crank sensor and it started and ran, but very poorly. I assumed the flywheel was positioned wrong so I dropped the transmission and sure enough it was. So I lined it up correctly with the dial pin on the crank and put it back together. It still wouldn't start and run, so I dropped the crank sensor again and it fired right up. It ran and idled smooth. I don't see how it could be the flywheel again since I aligned it correctly this time, but it won't run with the crank sensor installed at all. Already replaced both cam sensors and crank sensor, and still nothing. Kind of at a loss here, if anyone has any info to help me it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
rrrrr
Old 08-17-2019, 04:53 PM
Taylor009

Default Security system making it trip

Originally Posted by z33cole

Is your security system tripping or is you navigating system screen coming up and turning on ? Because when I working on the head unit of a auto g35 05 and disconnect it it wouldn't turn on it would only crank until plugged back in