Notices
Europe Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, France, Ireland, etc.

Gettin my Z in Germany

Old 06-11-2008, 10:52 AM
SammySJ99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gettin my Z in Germany

So hae been in German for year now, but I have been z less.... Husband is going to have me baby shipped out here...

CANT WAIT!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:04 PM
SolarOrange350

thats tight good luck with it
Old 06-19-2008, 05:23 AM
alfonsohaskins

i got mine here i love opening it up on the autobahn
Old 07-09-2008, 06:54 AM
spdtckts

what part of germany? im in the same situation except my wife is shipping my z out here in aug! but im in iraq
Old 07-09-2008, 07:02 AM
Z-INCOGNITO

damn... Z + Autobahn = WIN

I drove my brothers Audi from Stuttgart to Salzberg (Austria) and it was suhweet

Last edited by Z-INCOGNITO; 07-09-2008 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:30 PM
fatjoe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am so jealous! I spent over 13 years in Germany and came back to the US in 2005. One year later I bought my Z. At least I enjoyed running my 93 modded Altima for those years.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:28 AM
punish_her

What is the laws for shipping a car out? Im in the mil and curious about shipping my heavily modded Z out to Germany.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:54 PM
chopperman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by punish_her
What is the laws for shipping a car out? Im in the mil and curious about shipping my heavily modded Z out to Germany.

Would like to know also
Old 07-13-2008, 09:38 PM
vnarang

I was bored and googled it for you guys.... found two websites...

From US to Germany:
http://www.radlhammer.com/car.htm

The Information below was kindly provided in February 1998 by the German Consulate General in Montreal. It has been written primarily for Canadians planning to ship a vehicle to Germany. However much of it also applies equally to vehicles from other countries.
http://www.mapsupport.com/thedatabas...prtgvehger.htm

Last edited by vnarang; 07-13-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:10 PM
punish_her

These are for civilians, military falls under certain rules with SOFA (Status of Forces Agrement). As long as you have valid drivers liscens and insurace coverage you dont kneed a german liscens. You will have to take a drivers class though for familiarazation of traffic laws.

The vehicle laws are alittle similar, we do not have to pay import taxes but we are still suseptable to road tax and vehicle regestration tax. I was wondering more of what are the items make the care "Unroad worthy"?
Old 07-15-2008, 11:02 AM
spdtckts

Default shipping rules!

some of the rules we have to go by are simple to understand.

shipping
-no less than 6 inches off the ground(think that is wat it was)
-must be clean in and out
-1/4th tank of fuel
-7 copies of your orders(if in military to ship it free)
-full in and out inspection of EVERY scratch dent,swirl ,marking or flaw

licensing
-no window tint(must be able to see in and out CLEARLY
-smog test
-good tires (must have winter and summer tires or all seasons. if caught without winters in winter you get heavy fines)
-no mechanical issues that will obviously cause failure
-parking break must lock tightly

expect your car to get damaged in the shipping process
make a lot of notes of your own on what is broken or damaged for your own references. the battery will probably be dead. it might run funny when you first get it.(dense air and colder temps) pay attention to the octane ratings.(euro ratings are different)

im sure i forgot something if i think ill edit the post hope i could help.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:39 AM
Machupo

bottom line, if you're american military and want it to pass the yearly (or bi-annual) inspection, don't have tint and have a pair of cats you can swap on for the inspection

don't be stupid with it and you won't get harassed by the polizei (luckily there are a lot of unlimited stretches in bavaria, so I don't even care about driving the speed limit when there is one)
Old 07-28-2008, 04:48 AM
mac d

+1 to what Mach said. just make sure your car is clean which i am sure it will be (engine wise) and have the cats on if you have switched them out so it looks slightly legal and "green" friendly.

also if you are running and aftermarket exhaust and it is a little loud put your silencers in when you ship the car.........that way you will pass the noise test when you get it inspected.

as for the tint............ you just can't have it on the front two windows. the rest if fine.

enjoy when you get here bro as most don't have the pleasure of driving a nice vehicle FAST on the autobahn. key word being fast.

lates
Old 08-01-2008, 10:24 PM
NightRider80

This is good information, I have already started my planning for shipping my car there. I am a civilian so I am not lucky enough for the sofa status rules. Ghey! But I guess I will have to remove my tint before I come. Better safe then sorry and put my silencers on my CAT. Will have to raise her up too. Appreciate the info, I am DYING to drive my car on the autobahn.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:06 AM
mac d

well hope to see you around then man as there are all kinds of Z owners that have magically popped up around Kaiserslautern recently...........much to my dismay.

i think the only plus is they still don't look like mine but i am going to talk to one of my boys that works at the junkyard here in the KMC area to be on the look out for any Z's that die over here. parts would be nice especially cheap ones.........heh, heh.

pretty much if you have put the time that i think you have into your car you will be driving around with a nice machine that all the other posers will be hatin' on because they are stock.

take it easy.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:06 PM
35Z

Default Autobaun Driving

I picked up my new Porsche at the factory and drove on the Autobahn to Munich. The left (passing) lane is just for that purpose since their are no speed limits. Cars will appear out of nowhere ("flash to pass") and will pass your Z like it is standing still. I was taking it easy on my new Porsche cruising about 120mph when a Ferrari pass me going over 200 mph. Great fun!!
Old 08-10-2008, 06:05 AM
fatjoe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't ship your car with all of the mods. People do steal! your car will be on that ship for a while. This is not to scare you, it's just a reminder that PEOPLE DO STEAL!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:17 AM
mac d

Originally Posted by 35Z
I picked up my new Porsche at the factory and drove on the Autobahn to Munich. The left (passing) lane is just for that purpose since their are no speed limits. Cars will appear out of nowhere ("flash to pass") and will pass your Z like it is standing still. I was taking it easy on my new Porsche cruising about 120mph when a Ferrari pass me going over 200 mph. Great fun!!
I have had Lams and Ferrari's pass me too and I was going 150+mph, they didn't fly by too badly. I would never buy one of those cars though because I would rather spend it on something else. The Z is good enough for me........

But to each his own..........enjoy the Porsche and the insurance.......LOL!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:21 AM
mac d

Originally Posted by fatjoe
Don't ship your car with all of the mods. People do steal! your car will be on that ship for a while. This is not to scare you, it's just a reminder that PEOPLE DO STEAL!
LOL! Yeah people steal they could break in your house right now and take all your stuff.............and? When you live in fear, you limit yourself brother. I shipped my ride over here modded and all and not a scratch was put on it. It is the luck of the draw.......period. I for one wanted to risk it as when else am I going to be able to drive as free as I can without some ghey cop pulling me over because I am speeding...........

If you are coming over here and you have a nice car that has some horse to it..........ship it, the more mods the merrier.

oh and BTW that is real whack putting your Army Recruiter crap on your message...........if people want to join they will come see you. You know that.........
Old 08-12-2008, 08:47 AM
alfonsohaskins

all they stole from me was my 20$ antenna lol , i guess they needed it more than me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gettin my Z in Germany