MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Exterior & Interior (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior-51/)
-   -   c-west n1 front bumper......... (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/103017-c-west-n1-front-bumper.html)

myz8a4re 12-17-2004 02:47 PM

c-west n1 front bumper.........

1 Attachment(s)
im curious how the c-west n1 front bumper comes from the factory. all the pics i have seen make the n1 front bumper look odd. but i located a pic that gave me a whole new outlook on the front bumper. heres the one that looks hot:

-justin

myz8a4re 12-17-2004 02:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
all the other pics i have seen look as though there is just one big opening, not separated areas as shown above. also in the above pic, there are nostril openings. in the pics that vendors use there are no nostril openings. compare the above pic to this pic that all the vendors use:

-justin

myz8a4re 12-17-2004 02:53 PM

now look around the nostril areas on the silver z. there looks to be raised edges around the openings where as on the black z it appears to be smooth....is there a knock-off c-west n1 bumper available? do the nostril areas come open as on the black z or do they need cut? are there truely separations on the left & right of the large opening(black car) or is it totally open(silver car)? if the bumper looks more like on the black z im thinking of purchasing one!

-justin

Strife350z 12-17-2004 08:47 PM

i don't believe there's a replica out, at least not one made by the "bigger" knockoff companies (vis, for instance)

the pic of the black Z just looks like they had the cut-outs custom made... i've seen the bumper in person and at least with respect to the nostrils, the material is thinner there... suggesting that cwest allows you to decide whether you want it cut-out or not

hope that makes sense

dkny_boi 12-18-2004 01:49 AM

The picture of the silver car looks like the large opening at the bottom has diff sections too, just that they're painted black with a black grill... compared to the silver grill on the black one that makes it stand out.

I don't think i've seen any picture of someone w/ that bumper where the bottom opening is just one large hole.

myz8a4re 12-18-2004 06:00 AM

thanx or the input guys. i just wanted to be sure about the things i mentioned above. its just amaizes me that the bumper has an entire different look(much better IMO) on the black z. i never really liked the c-west bumper untill i saw the 1st pic above. now i cant stop looking at it!

thanx,
-justin

DeeZee 12-20-2004 03:54 AM

heres some pics knock off. i like it better! ;)

http://www.carbon-creations.com/shopexd.asp?id=4690

Tony@Performance 12-20-2004 08:08 AM

I used to have the Cwest CF kit, and I highly recomend C-west for any body kits. their FRP versions, are superb in quality, and fitment. And also very durable.

zillinois 12-20-2004 08:16 AM

Originally posted by DeeZee
heres some pics knock off. i like it better! ;)

http://www.carbon-creations.com/shopexd.asp?id=4690

That looks hot, but check out the hood fitment.

DeeZee 12-20-2004 08:34 AM

good call. i just noticed that. good thing he has hood pins. that gap would cause alot of wind shear under there! i just took a look at a guys z last week that had his c/f hood come open while he was driving..........not pretty! :eek:

myz8a4re 12-20-2004 02:55 PM

thanx for posting that link deezee! im surprised CC used that picture for an advertisement. not only is the hood fitment horrible, look at the fitment where the bumper meets the fender. you would think they would go all out & make sure they have a perfect fit before snapping pictures.........i know c-west makes some great pieces, can anyone vouge for CC's?
i take it(hense the name)CC doesnt offer anything other than c/f right? thier c/f front bumper is more affordable than the c-west bumper, but im not huge on entire c/f body pieces. i like c/f lips & c/f trim pieces or even a hood but for some reaosn im not a huge fan of whole body pieces. i may end up purchasing the c-west front bumper due to thier reputation for quality.....

thanx,
-justin

jcr847 12-20-2004 03:02 PM

wow I never liked that kit either but that black Z is hot

myz8a4re 12-20-2004 03:32 PM

yes, that bumper looks amaizing in black! thats what caught my eye as i have a SB as well. i wonder if the bumper on the black z is actually a c-west n1 or the carbon-reations replica just painted black? i say this because all the c-west bumpers i have seen have rolled edges around the nostril areas(see silver z in 2nd pic above). the one on the black z does not have this lip/edge & also has the nostrils opened wich resembles the looks of the carbon-creations piece. also at a better price with the CC bumper why not get the c/f one & paint it to match? not everyone likes the c/f look!

-justin

(tried to attach another pic of the black 350z with the c-west kit but the file was too large!)