MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Exterior & Interior (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior-51/)
-   -   Painted Engine Frame Located Over Radiator (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/121560-painted-engine-frame-located-over-radiator.html)

GTNPU Z 05-04-2005 09:50 PM

Painted Engine Frame Located Over Radiator

I know I've seen a few pictures of people who has painted this particular part but I couldn't find it when I was doing a search. So does anyone have pictures & information on how much it would be to paint this piece as well as those caps/plugs surrounding it? Also, how hard is it to remove if I decide to send it out to get professionally painted? I just think it's ugly looking. Thinking of painting it to match my car or have it gloss black like what I did to my engine cover.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Bay/engine.jpg

Thanks!

Bubble 05-04-2005 10:11 PM

kakaka...you can't beat me on that bro. Already talk about it with body shop. Will have it done in 2 weeks. They will need to take off the radiotor in order to paint that piece. WHile you are at it, replace the koyo radiator too. hehe :icon18:

GTNPU Z 05-04-2005 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bubble
kakaka...you can't beat me on that bro. Already talk about it with body shop. Will have it done in 2 weeks. They will need to take off the radiotor in order to paint that piece. WHile you are at it, replace the koyo radiator too. hehe :icon18:

Arghhh! I should've known :icon43:. LOL.

Cool man. Are you painting it at the same shop that did you bodykit? Reason why I was thinking of painting this is since I'm going to be painting my bodykit, wing, & hood, I might as well paint all the little stuff that's annoying me. This being one of them & the base of the side mirrors. I'm going to focus on my engine mods after so that's why I figured I might as well do it in one shot instead of doing it later. I'll probably add the Koyo when I get my APS TT kit which won't be for a while since I really don't want to do it unless they get a CARB#. Let me know how it goes & how much they are charging you. Hmm? Maybe I can get a deal since I'm getting all these parts painted :icon17: .

Bubble 05-04-2005 10:24 PM

if you go to the same shop i went, they WILL give you good deal. Stop by and get a quote bro. Tell them i send you down.

Yes, i will have it paint and install at the same shop that paint for my body kit. BTW, are you going to get that GTC hood? pricing ok but somehow i just feel we are the testing people for that new product. hehehe

GTNPU Z 05-04-2005 10:26 PM

Yup. I took the dive and ordered it today. I spoke to Paul. Will be getting it in a couple of weeks. The water guard will come shortly after. :icon38:

Bubble 05-04-2005 10:27 PM

coupe of weeks? he told me they are IN STOCK and ready to ship. hummmm...

GTNPU Z 05-04-2005 10:30 PM

Yeah. They told me they have a few in stock already and I'll get in a couple of weeks (2 weeks). That's fine with me. I don't mind waiting. My freaking Vertex isn't even here yet & I've been waiting since the end of March :icon43: :icon11: .

Bubble 05-04-2005 10:41 PM

hehehe, the Yellow Z had been waiting for the wheel since Jan.

GTNPU Z 05-04-2005 10:43 PM

Gawd! I can't believe that guy sold his wheels BEFORE he even got his new rims?!? :icon43:

So is his car is just sitting around on jack stands or something?

Bubble 05-04-2005 10:49 PM

yup. I've been borrowing his parts like the headlight so i can match paint. I'll borrow the plenum to polish them later. hehehe..

GTNPU Z 05-04-2005 10:53 PM

It is!!! :icon9: :eek: :icon11: :icon22:

He better start it every so often cause that's horrible for the engine to sit around like that. I hope he changes his oil before he drives it again cause I'm not sure how good it will still be sitting around for that long. But way to go on taking advantage of his error. Hahaha. :icon17:

GTNPU Z 05-05-2005 11:59 AM

So does anyone have a few good pictures of this piece painted? Please post.

Bubble 05-05-2005 12:10 PM

i doubt that anyone would spend money on this kind of thing bro.

GTNPU Z 05-05-2005 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bubble
i doubt that anyone would spend money on this kind of thing bro.

I actually did see a few pics on this forum but I can't seem to find them. One was painted Redline & another painted it DB. The reason why I can't find it is because the thread was talking about another engine mod they did. Don't remember what though. They posted pics & I noticed it was painted. Dayum, I knew I should've saved a pic :(.

Jaki 05-05-2005 01:00 PM

I haven't seen any1 that has painted this... but I think it would look good. Post some pics up when you're done.

GTNPU Z 05-05-2005 01:42 PM

Not exactly the one I saw before but I ran into this one while searching the web. I'll keep looking for better pics since I think these color scheme is way too red. But then again, it may look good in person.

http://www.modernspeedlabs.com/nopi/bfg-350z-2.jpg

Reggi914 05-05-2005 01:53 PM

someone ran over that z

GTNPU Z 05-05-2005 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Reggi914
someone ran over that z

Hahaha. Yeah, I'm not feelin the graphics either. It's a BF Goodrich sponsored Z so they have this tire tread graphics running from the front to the back of the car. Kinda like the Continental Z that was sporting the Wald kit.

Bubble 05-05-2005 04:21 PM

so what color are you going to paint?

GTNPU Z 05-05-2005 05:05 PM

I'm thinking of painting it Gloss Black. I know it's black now but I want it nice & shiny. Same goes for the engine, fluid & battery cover base, & the actual fluid & battery covers themselves. I'd like to paint the portion of the wipers as well like what you did but Gloss Black. I'm going for the stealth look in the engine bay. Nothing but Gloss Black, Polish, & Silverstone to match the car. Also going to get some samco hoses, python locks, & stainless bolts when I start my engine project.