MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Exterior & Interior (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior-51/)
-   -   damn plastic screws holding the front bumper (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/157122-damn-plastic-screws-holding-the-front-bumper.html)

ZlleH 12-02-2005 04:03 PM

damn plastic screws holding the front bumper

I thought they would be a piece of cake to pull out. I though they would be like the screws on the flaps in the wheel wells.

But, after I use a screw driver to bring the head of the plastic scews up, I go to use my finger to pull it out and I can't get it to pop out.

Is it just me or am I missing something here? I know it's winter and the plastic is cold and hard but damn.

Anyone have issues with these plastic screws?

alan00000 12-02-2005 05:36 PM

Its like that on all cars , there not meant to be taken off so they designed them like that. I just recently took off my brothers front bumper off his civic and man was it tuff. We just ripped them right off didnt need to use them really.

sluggoZ 12-02-2005 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by ZlleH
I thought they would be a piece of cake to pull out. I though they would be like the screws on the flaps in the wheel wells.

But, after I use a screw driver to bring the head of the plastic scews up, I go to use my finger to pull it out and I can't get it to pop out.

Is it just me or am I missing something here? I know it's winter and the plastic is cold and hard but damn.

Anyone have issues with these plastic screws?

There's a trick to this..just take your flat head screwdriver & lift up slightly the center of the rivet but NOT all the way up. You then can pull the rivet out with your fingers providing the bumper is aligned correctly...or pry upwards with your screwdriver the outter part of the rivet providing the center part is only up slightly. Don't apply much pressure!

When putting the rivet back... make sure the center of the rivet is still raised up slightly and when the rivet is inserted all the way down, then press the center down.
The rivet is now snapped in!! :) Good Luck!

ZlleH 12-02-2005 07:05 PM

Thank you. That was the trick. It was to pull it out when the top part was in the middle, not all the way up. Thanks!

EDIT: I don't know if you answered my question because you remembered I ordered the air guide from you, but I left you a trader feedback. The shipping was faster then an ebay package I ordered 2 weeks before yours. Anything else you're selling? ;)

Originally Posted by sluggoZ
There's a trick to this..just take your flat head screwdriver & lift up slightly the center of the rivet but NOT all the way up. You then can pull the rivet out with your fingers providing the bumper is aligned correctly...or pry upwards with your screwdriver the outter part of the rivet providing the center part is only up slightly. Don't apply much pressure!

When putting the rivet back... make sure the center of the rivet is still raised up slightly and when the rivet is inserted all the way down, then press the center down.
The rivet is now snapped in!! :) Good Luck!

sluggoZ 12-04-2005 09:26 AM

Thanks! Yeah...D-D....I got more Z stuff to sell ya...I'll PM ya!