Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check out this MOMO steering wheel!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 06:47 PM
BostonZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Acree
Since everyone is posting pics of the gauges, I gotta add mine in. I loved the way the red "creeped" out from around the needle with the nrauto gauges. It kind of does the same thing with the blue now.
Where are the blue gauges from???, any other colors available?

Andy
Old 03-24-2006, 06:48 PM
BostonZ

Originally Posted by Anyone2u
Didn't catch this before. Thanks. Here's one I just took this weekend.

Roger, how bad was the gage install?? easy, hard??

car is looking good!

Andy
Old 03-24-2006, 09:36 PM
fairladyZ in Japan

Originally Posted by RareTrick
So far there is only 1 order.... and 8 days till GB ENDS!!!

Its getting down to the wire. If you guys are truely interested, you need to place the order over the website to be counted.

The least amount of orders needed to process as a Group Buy is 5 orders.

These are Available to the US... Because I am offering them to you!!!
A Factory Certified Nissan Technician CAN install this on your car In the US!!

Peace
Drew

Unbelievable and yet, sooo typical.

People have been screaming for this JDM steering wheel for years. A white knight vendor finally offers a group buy ... ... the chickens have all but flown the coop.

The optional steering wheel (especially Type A, IMO) was one of the best decisions I made when buying the Z -- smaller, more comfortable feeling, softer leather.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:06 PM
evobunny

Originally Posted by fairladyZ in Japan

People have been screaming for this JDM steering wheel for years. A white knight vendor finally offers a group buy ... ... the chickens have all but flown the coop.

The optional steering wheel (especially Type A, IMO) was one of the best decisions I made when buying the Z -- smaller, more comfortable feeling, softer leather.

we not saying we dont want it. we just cant afford it this month.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fairladyZ in Japan

Shhhhhh, I don't mind the exclusivity of having one of the few imported steering wheels!

BTW, are you sure your wheel is smaller? I thought mine (Type B) was, but I went to measure both of them since I still have my old stock one and they had the same diameter, 14.5". Any chance you could measure it as I have been curious after I measured mine and discovered they were the same size with the stock wheel?

BTW, I still remember the day you posted pictures of your car (~3+ years ago!) just after you bought it and posted pics of your steering wheel! The next day I asked my friend that goes to Japan for business when he was going back because I needed him to pick one up for me!

Originally Posted by BostonZ
Roger, how bad was the gage install?? easy, hard??

car is looking good!

Andy
Thanks Andy. I'm not sure which gauges you are refering to. The white faces on the stock gauges were installed by Justin at Wicked CAS and the three gauges on my A Pillar (AEM AF, Defi Boost and EGT gauges) were installed by Jeff at Avalon Racing. Not sure how long Wicked CAS took (part of a complete stereo install) but Jeff took about 6 hours for all three as he had to install a couple of bungs in the exhaust system.

Sorry OT
Old 03-24-2006, 10:39 PM
fairladyZ in Japan

Originally Posted by Anyone2u
Shhhhhh, I don't mind the exclusivity of having one of the few imported steering wheels!

BTW, are you sure your wheel is smaller? I thought mine (Type B) was, but I went to measure both of them since I still have my old stock one and they had the same diameter, 14.5". Any chance you could measure it as I have been curious after I measured mine and discovered they were the same size with the stock wheel?

BTW, I still remember the day you posted pictures of your car (~3+ years ago!) just after you bought it and posted pics of your steering wheel! The next day I asked my friend that goes to Japan for business when he was going back because I needed him to pick one up for me!

From one original my350Z member to another .. it was great seeing your post and updated pix of your Z -- great job !!

I just went down to the garage to measure the steering wheel .. 14.5". Same diameter !!

Interesting .. I remember the MOMO wheel feeling a lot better than stock -- and that might have to do with the thickness of the wheel rim. Also, it was advertised that the optional rim was smaller (in Japan, anyway !).
Old 03-25-2006, 09:18 AM
CESAROTORRES

Originally Posted by GTNPU Z
Lots of pictures of B thanks to Anyone2u but here's what A looks like...

BTW...will these have the same red stitching?
Sorry for the dome question, but does the japannes Z has cruse controls? Can I order it with CC (model A)?

thx!
Cesar
Old 03-25-2006, 09:38 AM
HipHopPro

Is there any steering wheel's like that for the Skyline/Infiniti G coupe?
Old 03-25-2006, 01:36 PM
fairladyZ in Japan

Originally Posted by CESAROTORRES
Sorry for the dome question, but does the japannes Z has cruse controls? Can I order it with CC (model A)?

thx!
Cesar
No. No cruise control.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:30 PM
DevinB

am i the only one that finds both these a lot uglier than the us spec steering wheel??
Old 03-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Originally Posted by DevinB
am i the only one that finds both these a lot uglier than the us spec steering wheel??
No, there was another guy I met at a meet last year who didn't like it either. Funny thing is I still don't think they have found his body yet...

Hey to each their own. One of the main purposes of this site is to share different modifications so that someone can get an idea what is out there and/or what it looks like. If you don't like it, no big deal, don't do it to your car.

That said, I fail to see the benefit of someone posting a comment saying they are "uglier" than the stock wheel or "That steering wheel is hideous". Frankly I have seen mods by the same person that I think are hideous on their car but I know, in most cases, they spent their time and/or money putting those items on their car because they wanted to. I always wonder if these same people walk down the street and tell complete strangers that they think the way the clothes that they are wearing are "hideous". Again, it serves no benefit.

BTW, I have probably received 300+ PMS from people asking me where I bought my steering wheel over the last couple of years.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:07 PM
RareTrick

These do fit the VG35 Skyline although there is no Infiniti Badge... for obvious reasons.

I will gladly extend the Group Buy till APRIL 30th... as mentioned before I know its costly and one month was not alot of time... especially when you guys never expected this to be offered.

It would also be much help if you guys notified others of this offer.

Thank you
Drew
Old 03-26-2006, 07:44 PM
xtrememan315

Sweet! Thx a lot Drew! I will hopefully have the $$$ by the end of April! Thx Again! (TELLING ALL I KNOW)
Old 03-26-2006, 10:05 PM
mikewagon

alright, so i just read through all 5 pages. heres my main concern.... one of you said performance could not install this wheel, if they cant, who is going to do this. most likely not the dealer, right? Im sure as heck not spending 700plus install on a wheel that is going to sit in my garage cause no one is going to mess with it. Why is this such a pain to begin with? what makes it so hard to install? is it the airbag? Ive never changed a steering wheel before, so pardon my wheel noobness. I REALLY like the type B, just concerned about the install.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:46 PM
evobunny

Originally Posted by mikewagon
alright, so i just read through all 5 pages. heres my main concern.... one of you said performance could not install this wheel, if they cant, who is going to do this. most likely not the dealer, right? Im sure as heck not spending 700plus install on a wheel that is going to sit in my garage cause no one is going to mess with it. Why is this such a pain to begin with? what makes it so hard to install? is it the airbag? Ive never changed a steering wheel before, so pardon my wheel noobness. I REALLY like the type B, just concerned about the install.
yeah I also want to know. might have to go to my nissan and make sure they can do it first before I order.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:11 AM
CESAROTORRES

Default Cruise control

No cruise control, no wheel

Cesar
Old 03-28-2006, 04:22 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

it is not hard to install at all...most shops won't do it for liability reasons, not for "difficulty" reasons
Old 03-28-2006, 04:30 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
it is not hard to install at all...most shops won't do it for liability reasons, not for "difficulty" reasons
Is it something we could do ourselves without blowing the airbags?
Old 03-28-2006, 09:53 PM
evobunny

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
Is it something we could do ourselves without blowing the airbags?
that something I wouldnt do myself for sure

Last edited by evobunny; 03-28-2006 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:30 AM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

I actually have the instruction manual that came with the wheel that has been completely translated from Japanese to English. I'll try to upload those pages when it is needed. That said, I did not install mine and there was some issue with hooking up the airbag leads. Adam at Z1 was working on it and I'm not sure how he made out.

Quick Reply: Check out this MOMO steering wheel!