Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check out this MOMO steering wheel!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 06:23 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

no instructions are even needed - it literally took me maybe 10 minutes to swap steering wheels

you guys will have to deal with the airbag connectors though, as they are totally different between US and JDM cars
Old 03-29-2006, 08:31 AM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
no instructions are even needed - it literally took me maybe 10 minutes to swap steering wheels

you guys will have to deal with the airbag connectors though, as they are totally different between US and JDM cars

who needs airbags anyways? Just wear a helmet everytime you go out for groceries haha
Old 03-31-2006, 07:52 AM
RareTrick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless you intend on selling the Stock Steering Wheel you can clip the wires between the wheel and Connector and splice the USDM onto the JDM so you have a functional connector.... Or, just Hardwire it in. Disconnect the Battery!!!

Thanks for the info Z1.

To go over a few other concers so far...
Yes, the wheel will fit on the Z33 and the G35 (dont mind the Nissan Badge)
No, the wheel does not have Radio or Cruse Control buttons.

Peace
Drew
Old 03-31-2006, 08:01 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RareTrick
Unless you intend on selling the Stock Steering Wheel you can clip the wires between the wheel and Connector and splice the USDM onto the JDM so you have a functional connector.... Or, just Hardwire it in. Disconnect the Battery!!!
not exactly - doing so will still net a disfunctional airbag and an SRS warning light. The US car is a dual stage setup, the Japanese is a single stage
Old 03-31-2006, 11:14 AM
xtrememan315

not exactly - doing so will still net a disfunctional airbag and an SRS warning light. The US car is a dual stage setup, the Japanese is a single stage
So how do u do it Z1?
Old 04-02-2006, 10:46 PM
creationv2

yah how?
Old 04-04-2006, 09:06 AM
RareTrick

Due to the last Torpedo attemp I called Nissan USA for assistance.

YES... this can be installed on a USDM car with Dual Stage Air-Bags... Nissan Service Techs are very familiar with Single Stage (single plug, 2 wire) Systems as these were used prior to the year 2000. After 2000 all systems are Dual Stage (double plug, 4 wire). Many 2000 model cars have been converted to Dual Stage very easily, as is the same for the opposite.

This has been said from the Start.... "Recomended Install by Nissan Factory Service Tech ONLY!!! Now you know why.

Thank you
Drew
Old 04-04-2006, 10:12 AM
G I Love My Car

I have found a way to get this steering wheel for $700 shipped, at least the one that is listed as "A" in the picture.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Queens 350z

Originally Posted by G I Love My Car
I have found a way to get this steering wheel for $700 shipped, at least the one that is listed as "A" in the picture.
So whats the "way"????
Old 04-04-2006, 11:58 AM
G I Love My Car

An importer that I have bought JDM parts from before can get them
Old 04-04-2006, 12:31 PM
RareTrick

WOW so now someone is trying the invisable torpedo attack... A guy I know, a Friend of a Friend, you know... that guy from that place!

OK enough is enough... I went out on a limb to supply you guys on this and so far have recieved no results. If $25 is going to sway your decision... go ahead and go with Joe Shmoe.

Group Buy will END on April 30th... Price is $725 (shipped) US48 ONLY!!

Peace
Drew
Old 04-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Queens 350z

Originally Posted by RareTrick
WOW so now someone is trying the invisable torpedo attack... A guy I know, a Friend of a Friend, you know... that guy from that place!

OK enough is enough... I went out on a limb to supply you guys on this and so far have recieved no results. If $25 is going to sway your decision... go ahead and go with Joe Shmoe.

Group Buy will END on April 30th... Price is $725 (shipped) US48 ONLY!!

Peace
Drew
I agree with you Drew.. I am not going to cry over $25 bucks.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:49 AM
G I Love My Car

Well yall sure are crying about me mentioning that I could get them too...

Easy captain I am not trying to take the wind from your sails, I was just informing the community that you are not the only way to go after the GB ends that with a little research there are other ways avaliable to the members of this forum.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:34 AM
RareTrick

I am sure other importers can get this, honestly I dont know why they haven't already.

Crying No... Venting Yes... I have sponsored several forums and did many Group Buys and everytime people post one-liners with no expanation and it kills the flow. Also If you want me or any other dealer to Price Match... show me the Advertised Price!

Peace
Drew
Old 04-06-2006, 11:27 AM
G I Love My Car

Thank you for asking. The price of the MOMO sports steering (for JDM Z33
Fairlady Z type A : 8GUU0) is 66045yen + shipping cost 12550yen + 5% of
commission 3929yen = 82524yen. We hope that it is your help. Thank you.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Why? It's simple....Nissan may tell you initially they can get it for you...thats what happened to us. When push came to shove, they said they would not deliver it at all - it would only be installed at the dealer. The only one they would deliver is the one with the silver sides, which is the one I got for my own car.

That price being in yen - keep in mind most Japanese vendors will not take credit cards (some will, most don't), meaning you have to wire - that alone costs $25-$50.00 depending on your bank

The price they are charging is more than fair
Old 04-07-2006, 08:29 AM
RareTrick

Originally Posted by G I Love My Car
Thank you for asking. The price of the MOMO sports steering (for JDM Z33
Fairlady Z type A : 8GUU0) is 66045yen + shipping cost 12550yen + 5% of
commission 3929yen = 82524yen. We hope that it is your help. Thank you.
Glad you posted this...
First off, Nismo Japan offers No Discount!!
2: Shipping cost you posted is via EMS which is by Air... yes you can ship this by Air, but, you better hope customs doesn't question the contents... once they find its an explosive you will be paying alot more... better do it right the first time!! You can also be Fined hevily.
3: Commission? I take it that its going to the Dealer whom is suppling you, and not you, because so far there is no profit!!
4: as Z1 mentioned, you forgot the Bank Fee... Its about $25-50 to transfer out, but the recieving bank in Japan also charges so thats another $30.
5: The almighty YEN... the floating variable!! 82524yen is baout $700 but we already showed you how the #s are wrong!!
6: Once it in the US it still has to be Shipped to the Customer!!

G I Love My Car - Thank you for your time, but its time to move on and lowball another dealer... hopefully next time you get someone with less experience!!

If anything you just helped me out... You proved that I, A Dealer, am offering a Product to the customer(s) and making NOTHING off it!!!!

Back to the Group Buy - Ends April 30th: Price is $725 (shipped) US48 Only!
Old 04-07-2006, 09:52 AM
G I Love My Car

Once again raretrick you have showed me that you are another fine vendor here on this forum, I simply made a statement in no way attacking you or your buisness or even pertaining to your buisness nor to steal buisness since I am not a vendor. You asked for advertised price and I posted what was given to me, I have delt with this company before on an exhaust for a G35 sedan which I paid for with a credit card and recieved 7 days after the order was made, and was charged the exact amount that I was quoted. Which could be not be found in the US. This is no BS company nor was I making a statement that yours is. You should really think about the things you say on these boards, the people that read these are potenial customers of yours. You should also pay attention how the real vendors here do buisness and not worry about things of this nature, like someone posted its only $25. Good Luck
Old 04-07-2006, 12:20 PM
RareTrick

Take it as you will... I'm not a Normal Vendor. I do care about my customers but dont ever expect me to hold back telling the truth about anything. Hence the reason I do continue to make public posts.
If your concern was for the actuall vendor you recieve the product from, you would have named the company by now... this is why the $$$ issue was addressed. Also, I did notice the broken english as you posted from their e-mail making me aware they are Based in Japan and not in the USA!!

Sorry you feel as though I am an a-hole or attacking you directly... this is for everyone. ALL VENDORS HATE BEING LOWBALLED regardless of amount!

Peace
Drew
Old 04-09-2006, 11:40 AM
RareTrick

Back on Topic.... as posted before!!

To clairify the Group Buy info:
1. Starts March 1st./ Ends April 30th. (2 full months)
2. These are NOT in-stock in the USA... Japan Special Order Only!!
3. To be counted in the Group Buy an Order must be placed over our website.
4. Orders will be held (unprocessed) untill April 30th.
5. All Orders will be Charged (in full) and Processed after April 30th.
6. Product will be shipped via EMS from Japan.
7. ETA is about 3 weeks after April 30th. (collect funds, transfer funds, collect parts, ship to US, ship to customers)

I realize that 2 months is a long time, but this gives everyone time to gather funds. $725 is alot for a steering wheel, so I take it, everyone that orders is seriouse and fully commited.

Price is $725 (shipped) US48 Only!

Thank you
Drew

Quick Reply: Check out this MOMO steering wheel!