MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Exterior & Interior (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior-51/)
-   -   Best Price 350Z Car Covers -Help!! (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/214658-best-price-350z-car-covers-help.html)

black_03 09-04-2006 07:24 PM

Let's go someone get on this, who do we call or pm to get this started? I have a car cover, but it is to big and it has already blown off my car twice when I cover it up at work. So I need this!

driftk1d 09-04-2006 07:58 PM

i have a nissan Z cover for sale if anyone wants it...price is 170+shipping OBO, its in mint condition PM if your intrested

gNaRKiLL 09-04-2006 08:36 PM

Im in on the car cover anyone on top of this?

Edit: Sent an email to courtesy parts so hopefully get an answer back from them tomorrow.

cer2225 09-05-2006 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by gNaRKiLL
Im in on the car cover anyone on top of this?

Edit: Sent an email to courtesy parts so hopefully get an answer back from them tomorrow.

Nice...Thanks for doing that.

azula 09-05-2006 10:24 AM

just get a garage....

o 09-05-2006 10:25 AM

Car covers

We have the coupe and the roadster nissan car covers for $189
www.350zsource.com
Michael.

black_03 09-05-2006 01:02 PM

^^What if we get a few people in to buy a few can we get a better deal?

cer2225 09-05-2006 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by azula
just get a garage....

I have one. It is still a good idea to keep it covered.

UR NZWY 09-05-2006 10:51 PM

Im in for a cover too... Having to wash cars every 3 days or so nowadays.

Tayzzer22 09-06-2006 12:30 AM

I bought mine off of E-bay for $170.. Wish I had waited for the GB! But for all you guys who aren't sure if the OEM car cover fits over a spoiler... It fits just perfect!! I have the Nismo spoiler (not the tiny lip/spoiler that Nissan sells) and the cover fits over it just right, not pulled up a little bit like I was expecting. I mean, even the license plate window is perfectly centered. Makes me think how it'd fit without the spoiler??

Only downside to the car cover I've found.. Every time i cover it, when i come back to take the cover off I've found a ton of ants hiding under the cover and on my car! I just waxed my car so I thought maybe it was the wax giving off some kind of scent... but i just parked it without the cover overnight, and no ants. At the same time, I washed my car cover and dried it.. this time when taking it back off the car it left all kinds off.. marks all over the car! It all came off with a quik detailer spray, but don't know what the stuff was.. maybe detergent left over from the wash? So now I'm rinsing the cover a few times before putting it back on. Hopefully it'll work better this time.

Not discouraging you guys.. I'd definitely be in for the group buy if I hadn't already bought it. But any suggestions for my dilemmas are welcome.

Good luck!

gNaRKiLL 09-06-2006 11:07 AM

Well here is the email I got back from courtesy nissan, not the best deal really but better than nothing i guess.

Dear Charles, I have talked to management about this and what we are going to do is when you purchase the car cover, we are going to throw in the lock witch is a $10.00 value. This is going to be available online later this afternoon and will go on through the end of the month.

Brian Randall
Courtesy Nissan, Inc.

Quijano187 09-06-2006 11:18 AM

forget a car cover and just get a cailfornia duster. Works every time and not a pain in the a$$.

cer2225 09-06-2006 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by gNaRKiLL
Well here is the email I got back from courtesy nissan, not the best deal really but better than nothing i guess.

Dear Charles, I have talked to management about this and what we are going to do is when you purchase the car cover, we are going to throw in the lock witch is a $10.00 value. This is going to be available online later this afternoon and will go on through the end of the month.

Brian Randall
Courtesy Nissan, Inc.

Thanks anyways. Thats no deal. they must have a bunch of extra locks that no one wants. LOL

gNaRKiLL 09-06-2006 02:17 PM

Yeah at this point I would recommend mynismo.com since they have it for 175 plus like 9 bucks shipping. Thats the lowest ive seen so far.

Z PHAT Z 09-06-2006 09:04 PM

I got the Nissan OEM cover for sell if anyone interested. It's been used 3 times to stored my car for the last 3 Winter in the garage. Will let go for $120 shipped.

cer2225 09-07-2006 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Z PHAT Z
I got the Nissan OEM cover for sell if anyone interested. It's been used 3 times to stored my car for the last 3 Winter in the garage. Will let go for $120 shipped.

PM sent

Your not to far from me. maybe a cruise half way of the weather is nice...

schweatty 09-15-2006 11:20 AM

im in for a group buy on OEM covers. someone should msg the performance nissan (mynismo.com) guys.

MustGoFastR 09-15-2006 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Tayzzer22
But for all you guys who aren't sure if the OEM car cover fits over a spoiler... It fits just perfect!! I have the Nismo spoiler (not the tiny lip/spoiler that Nissan sells) and the cover fits over it just right, not pulled up a little bit like I was expecting. I mean, even the license plate window is perfectly centered. Makes me think how it'd fit without the spoiler??

Really??? Can you post a pic of your car with the cover on? I have the OEM cover and it's very fitted (just have the OEM Track lip spoiler); I can't imagine it actually fits, let alone perfectly with the Nismo wing. I'm about to add the Nismo wing and was trying to track down a source to buy Weathersheild fabric by the yard so I could have my cover altered to fit, but if you say the OEM cover works as-is with the Nismo wing, that's great, then, but I'd sure love to see a pic.

As posted above, yes, there is some material that tucks under in the rear, but it is this material/tuckage that keeps the cover in place in moderate wind; I already have problems with the front of my cover coming up in wind with my v1 lip.

Z PHAT Z 09-15-2006 11:49 AM

SOLD

Originally Posted by Z PHAT Z

Rick06Z 09-15-2006 05:32 PM