Sponsored by:

Buyers beware of Carbonlimited.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 09:29 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by manny007
Jim I take it you have an account with DHL correct?

I do as well and the tracking # is on the top right corner of the way bill slip, titled Way Bill no. try to get a hold of the person who actually filled out the paper work if it were not you and get the way bill #( tracking # )

I do have to agree with you about DHL's shady customer service, IT SUCKS!
most of the time you'll get an " oh well " out of them and nothing more.

Also has someone who has sold plenty of items here, eBay and other Z sites it is all ways good to keep you customers well informed even if you are repeating your messages over again. It give the customer a sense of awareness and great customer service.

I'm not telling you how to run your business don't get me wrong, just sharing my two cents as a customer & seller.
I appreciate the insight. Like I said, I have since dropped DHL as my carrier. Anyone who deals with them on a regular basis can agree that they are TERRIBLE. I try my best to keep in contact with all of my customers. I'll take any advice the members care to share with how they would like to see my customer service improve. Constructive critisism is a plus.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:31 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by Motormouth
I'm just saying, I think he quoted up to 12 business days for shipping.

if that is so, at the long end today would be the day he got his hood if they are having problems.

If it shipped the 18th, next monday would be the last day. I really don't get the big deal. even if he did order it on friday, the shipper had until today for it to be delivered. you are throwing out 19 days, but that is calender. and you did order on a Friday (if my dates are correct) which gives you an automatic 2 day addition to your time frame. it's only been 12 business days and no hood. which sucks, but isn't abnormal.

I can't even remember how long it took for my body kit to come here.

I agree the reasoning for it not being shipped out until the 18th has NOT been answered by anyone and that is really the only issue I see at this point that hasn't been answered.

and I am not tryingto flame anyone, so put the cannons away David and carbon

Cannon withdrawn

I agree with you but I also see where David is concerned.

I have no reason that his hood was picked up the 18th vs. the 13th. When I spoke with the other shop in question they said it would be picked up the next day. It could have been a miscommunication or maybe they couldn't scheulde a delivery until that date,to be honest im not sure.

Last edited by Jim@Showstoppers; 10-31-2006 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:40 AM
ZLadie2000
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim never addressed why it wasn't shipped on Fri. the 13th....like he said it would be according to davidf. DHL should at least be able to tell Jim where it is and when it will arrive?
Old 10-31-2006, 09:41 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You know.. If people were so worried about it, you would think they would just have their own carrier do a pickup. I for one have yet to hear of ANYONE getting screwed over by CarbonLimited / Jim. There have been delays, yes, but you get that with ANY custom auto part that is in high demand. Hell.. I had a custom thottle body take 10 weeks once, thats just the name of the game.

The Other thing that I can see as an issue is this, who has really been hurt here? Was David's old hood missing or destroyed? Or is he driving with his current one on and just eagerly awaiting a new part?

I have used DHL for a lot of heavy / large items. They are one of the few "friendly" carries for bulk items and are much less expensive. Down side is that they do sometimes take longer for those large items. Next time you ship with DHL, Use their Online Shipping labels. EVERY one of those has a waybill that can be used as a tracking number, right from the get-go.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:42 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by ZLadie2000
Jim never addressed why it wasn't shipped on Fri. the 13th....like he said it would be according to davidf. DHL should at least be able to tell Jim where it is and when it will arrive?
Thats the response im waiting for from DHL.

Last edited by Jim@Showstoppers; 10-31-2006 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:52 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are too hard on carbonlimited man. DHL does screw up orders, and i've encountered it many times. I don't know exactly what happened, but its not easy shipping big oversized parts such as cf hoods, lips, wings.

Patience is a virtue, especially when it comes to car parts. We all need to relax and chill out. The vendors on this site do a great job, they can't always be perfect because lets face it, stuff happens so we all have to deal with it.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:01 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

exactly. if in the past David had good dealing, you gotta give him some slack. even if he did mess somehting up. it happens to everyone. you are still getting your hood, it's just delayed a couple days. really. you waited this long... why get antsy now...
Old 10-31-2006, 10:05 AM
CEO350Z
That's bad juju

I'm just saying, I think he quoted up to 12 business days for shipping.

if that is so, at the long end today would be the day he got his hood if they are having problems.

If it shipped the 18th, next monday would be the last day. I really don't get the big deal. even if he did order it on friday, the shipper had until today for it to be delivered. you are throwing out 19 days, but that is calender. and you did order on a Friday (if my dates are correct) which gives you an automatic 2 day addition to your time frame. it's only been 12 business days and no hood. which sucks, but isn't abnormal.

I can't even remember how long it took for my body kit to come here.

I agree the reasoning for it not being shipped out until the 18th has NOT been answered by anyone and that is really the only issue I see at this point that hasn't been answered.

and I am not tryingto flame anyone, so put the cannons away David and carbon

Businesses and Customers also have to recognize the difference between X amount of days shipped versus X amount of BUSINESS days shipped. I think that's what the whole problem of this thread was. Business versus regular shipping days.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:06 AM
davidf

Originally Posted by 97supratt
You guys are too hard on carbonlimited man. DHL does screw up orders, and i've encountered it many times. I don't know exactly what happened, but its not easy shipping big oversized parts such as cf hoods, lips, wings.

Patience is a virtue, especially when it comes to car parts. We all need to relax and chill out. The vendors on this site do a great job, they can't always be perfect because lets face it, stuff happens so we all have to deal with it.

So exactly how long would you personally wait on tracking no. from a vendor before you patience ran thin, exactly how many days should I have waited, not for the hood but the tracking no?
Old 10-31-2006, 10:08 AM
davidf

exactly. if in the past David had good dealing, you gotta give him some slack. even if he did mess somehting up. it happens to everyone. you are still getting your hood, it's just delayed a couple days. really. you waited this long... why get antsy now...
Because without a track no. I honestly don't know how long or even if.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:20 AM
josephchihweilu

there are countless members who deal with Jim and have been very happy with their parts, I am one of them. i dont see the big deal in having to wait a bit longer for a quality part such as seibon. No one should rule out Jim when buying their parts.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:27 AM
jadaniya
Banned

Originally Posted by davidf
Because without a track no. I honestly don't know how long or even if.
yeah dont sweat the criticism. everyone is more patient and/or understanding when it isn't their money or their product. If I were you I'd just be happy to get in contact with the person who has your money since you seemed to have had problems with that earlier. and I agree with the stock confusion. If i were to tell someone I have something "in stock" that would mean that I have it in MY posession and can access it easily and quickly. To me "in stock" does not = its at my buddy's place.

its easy to blame DHL when no one really knows what's happening. If I were a business and I knew DHL was crappy, then I would've stopped using them the first instant I realized this. If you're a business you can't just blame the carrier, because YOU chose the carrier (in the case where the carrier continues to disappoint). I realize carbonltd has switched carriers and thats definitely a step in the right direction.

just my comment to david, and opinion on the business handlings. Not meant as a specific criticism of carbonltd, just business in general that applies to this situation. Having not dealt with carbonltd yet, not in a position to tell him whats what.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:32 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

Ok, now that we have all our concerns out there, are there any that have not been addressed? From what I have read Jim has addressed all the concerns of David.

David, is there anything else? If not I am going to close this thread to keep the 100,000,000 other people talking about customer business relations.

That ok? It won't be deleted just closed.

If there is still concern from David or Jim I will keep it open.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:35 AM
jadaniya
Banned

Originally Posted by josephchihweilu
there are countless members who deal with Jim and have been very happy with their parts, I am one of them. i dont see the big deal in having to wait a bit longer for a quality part such as seibon. No one should rule out Jim when buying their parts.
I understand you vouche for him, and respect the sentiment involved behind this post. and this isn't meant for you to take personally...

BUT, when people use their personal previous dealings with a person or company to say someone else is being impatient or irrational or to say their reaction isn't warranted itt is just plain irritating. Just because a person/company performs well for you doesn't mean its same for everyone else. discrediting the OPs situation because of your own means nothing. businesses can mess up.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:55 AM
davidf

Originally Posted by mrpratt
Ok, now that we have all our concerns out there, are there any that have not been addressed? From what I have read Jim has addressed all the concerns of David.

David, is there anything else? If not I am going to close this thread to keep the 100,000,000 other people talking about customer business relations.

That ok? It won't be deleted just closed.

If there is still concern from David or Jim I will keep it open.
Close it, I had an issue, hopefully it will be resolved shortly. I just want to track my hood. Close it.