MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Exterior & Interior (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior-51/)
-   -   headlights again!!!! (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/501366-headlights-again.html)

andres benitez 09-24-2010 12:16 AM

headlights again!!!!

hey guys i need help.my headlight condensation problem isnt going away.what can i do? i already re-opened it and filled it with silicone.still wont go away theres a little tube in the back of the headlights rite? with a rubber hose thats always open is it sopose to be like that?any help please

LaoSiFu 09-24-2010 12:20 AM

Is there any fine crack in there that you may have miss? Because I remember one time a customer has me to fixed it his headlight and notice that there was a crack that he missed. It must have happen on him when either himself or someone open it up the first time.

~Robert

andres benitez 09-24-2010 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by LaoSiFu (Post 8678477)
Is there any fine crack in there that you may have miss? Because I remember one time a customer has me to fixed it his headlight and notice that there was a crack that he missed. It must have happen on him when either himself or someone open it up the first time.

~Robert

im sure there isnt but ill double check tomarow. that little hose i was talking about is it sopose to be open?

LaoSiFu 09-24-2010 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by andres benitez (Post 8678483)
im sure there isnt but ill double check tomarow. that little hose i was talking about is it sopose to be open?

If we are talking about the same thing then yup it is suppose to be open. Also check the black pieces for cracks for damage. and you did said you seal it well right?

~Robert

andres benitez 09-24-2010 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by LaoSiFu (Post 8678487)
If we are talking about the same thing then yup it is suppose to be open. Also check the black pieces for cracks for damage. and you did said you seal it well right?

~Robert

Yup I put a hole new beed of silicone in the inner housing.and I still put some more were the lens and inner housing meet.should I take it off again and put more silicone?its just my right headlight the left is sealed tight.

andres benitez 09-24-2010 03:26 PM

Ok I pulled the headlight out and checked it no cracks at all I don't now were the water is going through.should I put more silicone?any advice please!!!!

FliPPER_Z 09-24-2010 04:50 PM

Open your headlights again, get rid of ALL the silicon...and use this ..

http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=5577&rsku=0

thank me later! :)

LaoSiFu 09-24-2010 05:24 PM

Since you have it apart. Clean up what you have there and redo it. That should be it now. Let me know how that turns out.

~Robert

andres benitez 09-24-2010 05:52 PM

I just finished doing that lol.I'm waiting for it to dry.but next week I think I'm going to order that oem sealer flipper z was talking about.do u think they sell it at the dealer?

andres benitez 09-24-2010 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by FliPPER_Z (Post 8679992)
Open your headlights again, get rid of ALL the silicon...and use this ..

http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=5577&rsku=0

thank me later! :)

Thanks man.ill try that next week, can't rite now cuz off work, does that stuff really work? Is that what you used?

FliPPER_Z 09-25-2010 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by andres benitez (Post 8680073)
Thanks man.ill try that next week, can't rite now cuz off work, does that stuff really work? Is that what you used?

yeah, this stuff is the actual black glue that is used on most headlights

ZJoe 09-26-2010 08:33 PM

What is the verdict? I'm having the same problem.

andres benitez 09-28-2010 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by ZJoe (Post 8682875)
What is the verdict? I'm having the same problem.

I had to re open mine and put a hole new beed of silicone and cover all the cracks to.it seems like I sealed them rite I need to wash my car jst to be sure lol.what kind of silicone are u using?

350z-Jason 09-28-2010 09:53 AM

I have this problem right now. My '08 hid actually went out after a week of condensation or so because of it. Did this happen to you guys? What did you do about it?

I'm hoping if I take out all the components and wiring, dry them out, reinstall and reseal the outside... I'll be fine. I don't want to open the headlights again.

andres benitez 09-28-2010 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by 350z-Jason (Post 8686593)
I have this problem right now. My '08 hid actually went out after a week of condensation or so because of it. Did this happen to you guys? What did you do about it?

I'm hoping if I take out all the components and wiring, dry them out, reinstall and reseal the outside... I'll be fine. I don't want to open the headlights again.

Mine wasn't that bad.but it will be better if u re open them and put a whole new beed of silicone in the inside housing grove then when sealed do the outside I used the black silicone rtv or rvt I'm not sure.but the condensation seemed to stop.let me now how it turns out.oh and if that doesn't work try that oem sealent flipper z was talking about.

Washman 09-28-2010 02:44 PM

This same thing happened to me. I opened them up to black them out, re-sealed them with silicone a week later condensation but not much re-opened them re-sealed again... My h.i.d. went out because of it. Ordered and aftermarket hid kit took off the headlight took off the components and brought it inside my house let it air out.. installed them and one week and no condensation yet.... Fingers crossed

Doesnt make sense though all that sealing and still condensation.. i did discover that when i pulled the stock ballast off on the leaking one i found white residue and dirt so i cleaned it up and switched the ballasts to see if it changed anything... waiting on result

andres benitez 09-28-2010 07:26 PM

mine wasn't that bad from the biggining lol jst haveing problems with my left it hast had condesation for a week or so jst ganna see tomarow when I wash my car.lol:thumbup:

andres benitez 09-29-2010 03:34 PM

f******k yyeeeaaaa!!!!!!!:icon38: lol washed my car and condensation free thanks guys for the advice!!!!:thumbup: can any of u tell me how to attach pics on a thread? thanks.

LaoSiFu 09-30-2010 01:53 AM

The way I do it is upload your pictures on a site like photobucket . Copy the link or the IMG link on that site and post it here in the reply. Sorry I hope explained it well. It is almost 0300 here haha

~Robert

andres benitez 09-30-2010 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by LaoSiFu (Post 8690803)
The way I do it is upload your pictures on a site like photobucket . Copy the link or the IMG link on that site and post it here in the reply. Sorry I hope explained it well. It is almost 0300 here haha

~Robert

Ill try that out thanks lol