MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Exterior & Interior (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior-51/)
-   -   Front bumper (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/522775-front-bumper.html)

shakalaka 05-07-2011 10:22 AM

Front bumper

Hi guys, just a couple of queries.

My front bumper got damaged a nit by a hit and run driver when I wasn't around. Although I got it fixed, but I can still tell where the damage was. Most people don't notice but it's visible if someone see's that area. Plus I am OCD so I don't like it at all.

The shop said I'll have to get a new bumper. Which got me thinking if I have to get a new bumper, I might as well get an aftermarket one.

So here's the thing. I am looking for suggestions on some aftermarket bumpers that aren't too crazy. I want them to stand out but yet be subtle at the same time. This is because I won't be getting matching side skirts or rear bumper, so I don't want the car to start looking odd. Is this possible?

And I don't want the bumper to be too much lower than the stock one. Can you guys suggest me some bumpers with keeping the above mentioned in mind? Links/prices would be great.

Also, how much do you estimate it costs to paint a bumper and install it at a body shop?

Thanks

dtsj350z 05-07-2011 11:56 AM

arosync front bumper, will match up all the criteria you've mentioned. Do some search...

shakalaka 05-07-2011 12:34 PM

Thanks, will check it out.

Duckeee 05-07-2011 12:37 PM

i say just find another used stock one off Craigslist or something on the cheap. Maybe youll luck out and find the same color too. if not, the only thing i can think of is a stock bumper with a lip or something.

RandyK1 05-07-2011 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by dtsj350z (Post 9133297)
arosync front bumper, will match up all the criteria you've mentioned.

I love mine, You can run over a dog and it might need painting but it wont need fixxen :)

shakalaka 05-07-2011 12:43 PM

Where can I get it online from? What's the cheapest price? I will have to take it to a body shop, to get it painted and installed so that's gonna cost a lot too.

I would buy used bug can't find any. Not many z's with mods around here.

bagged00 05-07-2011 01:08 PM

i just ordered a strafe nismo v1 and chargespeed rear. most things i read about strafe were good reviews.biggest deal with strafe is the bumpers are FRP. aerosync ships for 495 i believe but i dont know about to canada.

Kimosabe 05-07-2011 01:42 PM

talk to Ken at Shine. I just got a nismo v2 replica for a good price. Your shipping will be killer, but fitment will be very little issue. The v2 is a bit over done, but I think its the best bumper that gives the car an OEM yet aggressive look, and I don't believe its much lower than stock. Good luck.

dtsj350z 05-07-2011 01:49 PM

I missed one thing. Aerosync is a lot lower than stock, but flow well without aftermarket side skirt. check the marketplace, there is one for sale atm. gl....

shakalaka 05-07-2011 02:17 PM

What is Shine? A forum vendor?

I'll look into them both. $495 is indeed quite a lot and that doesn't include shipping to Canada and taxes. Also, the installation and painting will atleast be 200-300 minimum I am thinking. What so you guys think of a cf bumper? Would it look too odd? I have a cf hood.

I am going to be scouring the marle place for next little while and see if I can score one of these. The thing is that I don't want the bumper to be that much lower than stock otherwise I'll be scraping a lot of snow in winter.

shakalaka 05-07-2011 02:36 PM

Why do you guys think of the Chargespeed Type 1 front?

BoomerZ33 05-07-2011 04:15 PM

^looks nice when paired with the canards. more people choose the type 2.

Kimosabe 05-08-2011 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by shakalaka (Post 9133464)
What is Shine? A forum vendor?

I'll look into them both. $495 is indeed quite a lot and that doesn't include shipping to Canada and taxes. Also, the installation and painting will atleast be 200-300 minimum I am thinking. What so you guys think of a cf bumper? Would it look too odd? I have a cf hood.

I am going to be scouring the marle place for next little while and see if I can score one of these. The thing is that I don't want the bumper to be that much lower than stock otherwise I'll be scraping a lot of snow in winter.

http://www.shineautoproject.com/specn2.htm

I paid 650$ cdn total for both bumper and shipping. I could have go it cheaper off ebay.. but i believe in "you pay for what you get", and I am super concerned about fitment.

Sucks to be in Canada, we pay arm and a leg for parts due to shipping costs.