MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Exterior & Interior (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior-51/)
-   -   Car Cover Recommendations (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/554139-car-cover-recommendations.html)

masphx 04-25-2012 02:18 PM

Car Cover Recommendations

Alright, I know this has been covered several times but I'm looking for a car cover. 2008 350z Black Base which sits in under covered parking (home) or out under the sun (work) in Hot Phoenix, AZ. I need something that car stand up to the sun well. Been lead to believe the wolf Evolution Custom Fit car cover is the best for the job? I found it at this site for $200+ shipping.

http://www.wolfautocovers.com/

Is this the the best bang for the buck car cover and is this a good site to buy it from? I guess i can get in tan or gray. Leaning towards tan as its a lighter color and won't trap as much heat. Oh, also noticed that this might be a Covercraft cover and not a Wolf? Are they the same company?

Thanks for the help and yes I have searched. Just have not found the info I was looking for.

davidv 04-25-2012 03:37 PM

Wolf makes quality covers. The difference in price between the Evolution and Noah is what?

bmccann101 04-25-2012 03:45 PM

Use it for sun shade, and thats about it, but dont expect it to block a ton of heat... ceramic window tint is EPIC at keeping the inside of your car cool.. im having it done to mine asap..its redonk how good it works.

i gotta be honest man, i got mine from Checkers autozone, and it works great.

you dont want a super light one as, well, igets hot here and the last thing i wanted was a plastic-y car cover touching my hot parts ( no homo) , tips ( again, no homo haha) etc etc.

In fact, im not even sure it will fit w the wing I chose, so if it doesnt, Ill give the one i have to you, i only used it a year.

Wont know for a few weeks tho, but if youre dying for one in the meantime, just get one of the light grey fabric feeling ones from Checkers.

What you DONT want is to leave it one during a monsoon etc.

masphx 04-25-2012 07:08 PM

Thanks for chiming in guys. bmccann101, I agree with your points. A few of the things that worry me about a cover is the rubbing against the paint (its black) and the heat under the cover when the full 115 deg AZ sun is on it all day. I guess the rubbing would be minimized by the Custom fit covers and I would not use it during monsoon days? I also would like to minimized the amount of dust that gets into the car (seems like a lot here). Cats also seem to roam around my car at night as I see their like paw marks. It sucks when the jump up with their nails!

David, I believe the Noah is $40 more on that site but it is meant more for rain. I need something that breaths well.

Waiz 04-25-2012 09:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have had 4 different covers, none of them have damaged my paint but if the car is really dirty I won't cover it until I had a chance to wash it first.
I know others might say it is bad for the paint but I trust my own experience

1- OEM - Completely terrible for outdoors, it ripped from the exposure of being outside. It was only $75 but I'm sure it would have been great for using indoors only. It was from a really thin material but it was easy to remove/install.

Attachment 450990

2- Covercraft cover (used and given to me from a friend),very good quality but it had poor wet weather protection. It ended failing on me after 3 months - no pic of it.

3- Generic cover (given to me as a gift) It wasn't made for a Z specifically so I ended up reselling it. It would have been fine for someone with a garage but I would have ruined it or it would have blown off

Attachment 450991

4- Technalon cover (from the Z store) best cover I have ever had, superior water protection and is really soft in the inside. $175 shipped but is worth it to me.

Attachment 450992

#4 can be found at the Z store:

Indoor/garage cover: http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/350z03o2/50-9003

Outdoor cover: http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/350z03o1/50-1119

davidv 04-25-2012 11:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by masphx (Post 9712548)
Thanks for chiming in guys. bmccann101, I agree with your points. A few of the things that worry me about a cover is the rubbing against the paint (its black) and the heat under the cover when the full 115 deg AZ sun is on it all day. I guess the rubbing would be minimized by the Custom fit covers and I would not use it during monsoon days? I also would like to minimized the amount of dust that gets into the car (seems like a lot here). Cats also seem to roam around my car at night as I see their like paw marks. It sucks when the jump up with their nails!

David, I believe the Noah is $40 more on that site but it is meant more for rain. I need something that breaths well.

Attachment 450993

For $40 go with the Noah cover. Excellent resistance to UV rays. Figure 100 degrees in the sun the interior will reach 120. At times I will cover the car with the windows open.

masphx 04-26-2012 02:58 PM

"4- Technalon cover (from the Z store) best cover I have ever had, superior water protection and is really soft in the inside. $175 shipped but is worth it to me."

So how will this one hold up in the heat? Says rain proof which might hold in too much heat/ moister. I like the price compared to the wolf covers I'm looking at. Which one wins in quality? Davidv, I'm considering the Noah but the Evo is $40 cheaper and states it is meant more for the heat while the Noah is built more for rain. I'm only going off of what that site says though. If you or anyone else have a different opinion I'm all ears. $200+ is a lot to spend on a cover so would like to get the right one. Breath-ability, Durability, Non-scratch, easy to fold and store, heat resistant, and fit all all important.

Mason

Waiz 04-26-2012 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by masphx (Post 9713674)
"4- Technalon cover (from the Z store) best cover I have ever had, superior water protection and is really soft in the inside. $175 shipped but is worth it to me."

So how will this one hold up in the heat? Says rain proof which might hold in too much heat/ moister. I like the price compared to the wolf covers I'm looking at. Which one wins in quality? Davidv, I'm considering the Noah but the Evo is $40 cheaper and states it is meant more for the heat while the Noah is built more for rain. I'm only going off of what that site says though. If you or anyone else have a different opinion I'm all ears. $200+ is a lot to spend on a cover so would like to get the right one. Breath-ability, Durability, Non-scratch, easy to fold and store, heat resistant, and fit all all important.

Mason

First one was replaced under warranty from heat damage but they have revised the materials (from what I've been told) and my current one works even better.

67ZNISMO 05-15-2012 01:58 AM

So what did you end up picking up? I'm in the market for a new cover. Been eying the Noah cover for months!

dcains 05-15-2012 02:17 AM

I'm in SW Florida and unfortunately my wife's Acura gets the garage preferentially to my 4 cars. I've had just about every type of higher end cover available, and I've found the Noah to be the best in terms of protection from the rain and sun, zero paint damage, and they definitely keep the cars cooler. Here the sun is the covers' worst enemy, and the covers usually just barely make it through their 4-year warranty before the fabric begins to deteriorate (the non-woven material begins to turn into a fine powder). A few times I asked for a replacement cover after about 3 years, and got them for only my cost to return the old cover via UPS. I've been buying from www.bigskycarcovers.com for at least 15 years. Their prices were always slightly lower, it's a small company with personal service, and regardless of where you buy, the covers are drop-shipped from the manufacturer (Texas, IIRC).

VO... 06-07-2012 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Waizzz (Post 9712740)
4- Technalon cover (from the Z store) best cover I have ever had, superior water protection and is really soft in the inside. $175 shipped but is worth it to me.

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/u...IMG_2450-1.jpg

PM sent...

labelworkshop75 06-20-2012 05:10 AM

I'm looking for a cover that I can use in my garage only. Won't be seeing the elements. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Waiz 06-20-2012 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by labelworkshop75 (Post 9781946)
I'm looking for a cover that I can use in my garage only. Won't be seeing the elements. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Go with my option #4 from my earlier post:

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/350z03o2/50-9003

labelworkshop75 06-26-2012 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Waizzz (Post 9782996)
Go with my option #4 from my earlier post:

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/350z03o2/50-9003

I wish the website gave more info like the manufacturer and the model of the cover. Just seems like a generic cover even though it is not apparantly

Langford 12-04-2012 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by masphx (Post 9712130)
Alright, I know this has been covered several times but I'm looking for a car cover. 2008 350z Black Base which sits in under covered parking (home) or out under the sun (work) in Hot Phoenix, AZ. I need something that car stand up to the sun well. Been lead to believe the wolf Evolution Custom Fit car cover is the best for the job? I found it at this site for $200+ shipping.

http://www.wolfautocovers.com/

Is this the the best bang for the buck car cover and is this a good site to buy it from? I guess i can get in tan or gray. Leaning towards tan as its a lighter color and won't trap as much heat. Oh, also noticed that this might be a Covercraft cover and not a Wolf? Are they the same company?

Thanks for the help and yes I have searched. Just have not found the info I was looking for.

I got my car covers from www.coverquest.com. The quality is great. The price is very very reasonable. I just got one from them for my brother in law. They gave me a great discount. So call and see! good luck

NA&CH 12-04-2012 08:38 AM

Would any of these fit a NISMO? I have the V3 front and the V3 wing. The two parts that would cause a problem for the cover? I will be desperate to get one due to the MCR hood I will be installing.

Chris

JCat 12-04-2012 08:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 451003

Just ordered mine.

Thanks !

Waiz 12-04-2012 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by NA&CH (Post 9968878)
Would any of these fit a NISMO? I have the V3 front and the V3 wing. The two parts that would cause a problem for the cover? I will be desperate to get one due to the MCR hood I will be installing.

Chris

Chris, #4 from my list would be perfect for you since it's intended for the NISMO anyway

Originally Posted by JCat (Post 9968885)

Just ordered mine.

Thanks !

Nice! keep your receipt somewhere safe in case you need to send it back for whatever reason. They are really good about sending you another one if they determine that the product is defective.

nscheuermann 10-28-2013 07:38 AM

Bring an old thread back to life..

I am looking for a car cover that will hold up best against snow and ice. My Z will be stored outside for the winter and I want something that will protect it very well.

Any suggestions?

Waiz 10-29-2013 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by nscheuermann (Post 10254165)
Bring an old thread back to life..

I am looking for a car cover that will hold up best against snow and ice. My Z will be stored outside for the winter and I want something that will protect it very well.

Any suggestions?

You want to go with the NOAH

http://www.carcoverworld.com/Covercraft-Noah

What model Z do you have? Any modifications? if you have a different front bumper or rear spoiler you might have to get the version that fits the NISMO instead of the regular Coupe version.

I just bought the NOAH but I haven't had a chance to cover my Z with it. My Honda Fit's OEM cover is a NOAH and that is really the best for harsher weather