Anyone actually put a child seat in the passenger seat? - Page 2 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Go Back  MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion > 350Z Tech Area > Exterior & Interior
Reload this Page >

Anyone actually put a child seat in the passenger seat?

Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Anyone actually put a child seat in the passenger seat?

Old 02-22-2013, 01:06 PM
  #21  
stuartc323
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 3,684
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by terrasmak View Post
that is on either 04.5 or 06 and newer only

Damn #infofail
stuartc323 is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 01:16 PM
  #22  
Fairlady_Love
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Farmington Hills
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have 97 Lexus ES300 I snatched up as a daily driver for $2500, and I get to keep my Z. My daughter is 5, and I have put her car seat in the front seat in the Z before and took her for two or three Sunday evening cruises in the car, but I would most definitely NOT recommend this car as your primary vehicle with a child. It is not practical with all the things you need to have with you when you have a kid. You could probably manage, but trust me, you want a bigger car.

As far as safety goes, personally, if the air bag is off and the child is properly restrained facing forward, I think the front is just as safe as a child seating on one side in the rear seat. Everything I see says for deaths to children in the front seat are due to three things: air bag, rear facing, or improperly restrained. I can't really think of anything in between the front seat and the rear seat that makes the rear seat more safe, but there could be something I am missing. I really think all the hype about the front being so dangerous is because of people not being smart and not putting their child in, OR not disabling the airbag. Just be smart and really pay attention to what you are doing and your child can be just as safe in the front. If the airbag can't turn off (with a switch, or a smart airbag), don't even think about it.

I don't want to claim to be an expert, because I am not. Like I said before, you will be much happier with a four door sedan with a decent back seat. Besides, the safest part of the car for a child is in the middle of the back seat. So get a safe beater, and keep the Z.

Last edited by Fairlady_Love; 02-22-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Fairlady_Love is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 03:28 PM
  #23  
Diesel350
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tampa
Posts: 8,445
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Fairlady_Love View Post
I have 97 Lexus ES300 I snatched up as a daily driver for $2500, and I get to keep my Z. My daughter is 5, and I have put her car seat in the front seat in the Z before and took her for two or three Sunday evening cruises in the car, but I would most definitely NOT recommend this car as your primary vehicle with a child. It is not practical with all the things you need to have with you when you have a kid. You could probably manage, but trust me, you want a bigger car.

As far as safety goes, personally, if the air bag is off and the child is properly restrained facing forward, I think the front is just as safe as a child seating on one side in the rear seat. Everything I see says for deaths to children in the front seat are due to three things: air bag, rear facing, or improperly restrained. I can't really think of anything in between the front seat and the rear seat that makes the rear seat more safe, but there could be something I am missing. I really think all the hype about the front being so dangerous is because of people not being smart and not putting their child in, OR not disabling the airbag. Just be smart and really pay attention to what you are doing and your child can be just as safe in the front. If the airbag can't turn off (with a switch, or a smart airbag), don't even think about it.

I don't want to claim to be an expert, because I am not. Like I said before, you will be much happier with a four door sedan with a decent back seat. Besides, the safest part of the car for a child is in the middle of the back seat. So get a safe beater, and keep the Z.
Thanks for the feedback, It would be ideal for me to pick up a nice beater like you did on the cheap and then save up money for something I really want down the road. At this time looks like I will be getting rid of the Z because the wife refuses to have a third car even though we can easily afford it, I guess she wants the funds of my Z to go towards the new car we buy. It will be tough to get rid of the Z since I had an emotional attachment to it but I'll need to make this sacrifice.
Diesel350 is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 08:09 PM
  #24  
WSchli1672
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 2,965
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I'm in the same situation as you, but I did buy another vehicle. We use the 2011 KIA Sorento for the baby car. I drive a 2005 KIA Amanti for daily and the Z for fun. I don't feel comfortable having my small in in the Z at all. Oh yeah, my wife doesn't either... LOL.
But then three vehicles equal 3 insurances payments, 3 registration renewals, which I don't mine and a great piece of mind. It's all up to you.
WSchli1672 is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 08:56 AM
  #25  
R350Zz33
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
R350Zz33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: manorville ny
Posts: 1,907
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Diesel350 View Post
Thanks for the feedback, It would be ideal for me to pick up a nice beater like you did on the cheap and then save up money for something I really want down the road. At this time looks like I will be getting rid of the Z because the wife refuses to have a third car even though we can easily afford it, I guess she wants the funds of my Z to go towards the new car we buy. It will be tough to get rid of the Z since I had an emotional attachment to it but I'll need to make this sacrifice.
you need to put the pants on just go but a nice beater and say tuff **** why can you just use her car ? does it only have 2 seats ?
R350Zz33 is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 09:51 AM
  #26  
Diesel350
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tampa
Posts: 8,445
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by R350Zz33 View Post
you need to put the pants on just go but a nice beater and say tuff **** why can you just use her car ? does it only have 2 seats ?
We have a Ford Edge but because now we are putting our child in day care since I get out of work alot earlier than her I need to pick him up and she drops him off in the morning. Trust me I have been battling my with her for days about just buying myself a beater and keeping the Z but she refuses to have a third car.
Diesel350 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
3vilbunny
Exterior & Interior
24
07-18-2017 05:10 PM
HoBrahYouStink
Media Share
32
06-24-2016 10:58 PM
samansharif
Brakes & Suspension
1
09-25-2015 12:31 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone actually put a child seat in the passenger seat?


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: