MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Exterior & Interior (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior-51/)
-   -   Aftermarket Seat Help (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/599532-aftermarket-seat-help.html)

Bill350z 11-23-2014 05:26 AM

Aftermarket Seat Help

I've been wanting to replace my seats but i'm unsure what to get. Price is an issue honestly I don't want to spend more than $2000. Ive been looking at the Corbeau A4 with all the upgrades (heated seats etc) which would be handy considering my Z has heated seats stock, but im worried because I haven't heard to much about these seats and if its just better to get some sparco R600's or recaro's?

trustr888 11-23-2014 09:26 AM

Corbeau is decent. Recaro's, Bride, and Sparco are right around your budget. Even a nice Recaro SPG retails right around $1k minus rails and the base. The carbon is what is going to get you. Those are around the $2k range. Bride's full bucket seat the Zeta 3 also is around the $1k range.

I think what you need to decide is if you want a full bucket seat or a reclineable, but I'm sure you want reclinable from your first post.

When I buy my seat, I look for the FIA rating. It wouldn't hurt since "safety" is more important than saving a few bucks.

Bill350z 11-23-2014 09:33 AM

Honestly bucket or reclineable doesn't matter to me, but honestly are buckets really that uncomfortable for lets say a 8 hour drive?

trustr888 11-23-2014 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bill350z (Post 10505828)
Honestly bucket or reclineable doesn't matter to me, but honestly are buckets really that uncomfortable for lets say a 8 hour drive?

Lol. It depends man on your comfort level. With my stock Nismo seats in my Nismo, I actually hate how they don't have the side bolsters. Anyhow, a full bucket seat won't be the best idea for a long drive like that. I would get a reclinable man. If Corbeau is what you want go for them. It beats those replica Bride's I see around a lot. lol

Bill350z 11-23-2014 11:10 AM

Alright Man I really appreciate it.

jdmfetish 11-24-2014 08:12 AM

I went with Bride Digo type r

i think you can afford them if they appeal to you

Spike100 11-24-2014 05:33 PM

I think the first thing to decide is if you want a reclining seat or “fixed” type bucket seat designed for racing. A reclining seat offers more comfort over a range of drivers. That doesn’t mean that a fixed bucket seat is less comfortable for a specific driver.

Question: Do you use the car on the track or mainly for street driving?

Bill350z 11-25-2014 07:35 AM

I will be mostly street driving honestly. The main issue is I look at Brides etc and everything is just crazy priced lol So im stuck, I cant decide if its worth spending that kind of money especially if there is something better out there hiding.

GarniZ33 11-25-2014 07:49 AM

I have the BuddyClub buckets in my Z and I love them. Pretty comfortable for a full bucket too and I sometimes bring my car to work which involves an hour worth of bumper to bumper traffic.

Passangers have never complained about it being uncomfortable either.

Got the seats and brackets for about 1.2k

Bill350z 11-25-2014 09:23 AM

Im really considering the Recaro SPG my only concern is it is obviously a bucket seat so im kinda worried about be comfortable. Also do they make Automatic seat adjustment brackets for these?

Spike100 11-25-2014 01:51 PM

^^ The Recaro SPG is a specialized seat designed for racing. It’s meant to keep you securely in place while running on the track (where you are focused on intense driving). I suspect you would not want these when driving any distance.

Think of these seats as not being uncomfortable, but not being very comfortable.

Think of Recaro recliners as being comfortable.

Bill350z 11-26-2014 08:56 AM

Anyone have any opinions on Status Seats?

BigBlue 11-26-2014 09:07 AM

Get reclineable for sure! Don't even think otherwise unless you are going to be tracking your car a lot. I think that the comments above are good ones; they mentioned some good brands. I went through a ton of searching and I learned plenty; ended up spending more than originally planned, but they are some awesome seats (bride vorga). Good luck! :icon38: