MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Exterior & Interior (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior-51/)
-   -   VeilSide Bodykit (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/606812-veilside-bodykit.html)

Dymsi 09-25-2015 01:18 PM

VeilSide Bodykit

So, back some time ago i started a project to mod a 350z. My objective was to create a "show car", but good for city use, and that a little bit more horsepower (Hope this forum is not like many others where people start judging right away). As i started saving, and designing it, i fell in love with the veilside bodykit, v3. My idea was the front and back bumper, along with sideskirts, but not using the side fenders, to try to keep it simple. Problem is, just read here in the forum and other places that Veilside went broken. So i just would like to know if this is true.
Also, is Intense still shipping? And in worst case scenario, are there any good replicas out there? (like from KnightRacer for example).

PP08HR 09-25-2015 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dymsi (Post 10657117)
So, back some time ago i started a project to mod a 350z. My objective was to create a "show car", but good for city use, and that a little bit more horsepower (Hope this forum is not like many others where people start judging right away). As i started saving, and designing it, i fell in love with the veilside bodykit, v3. My idea was the front and back bumper, along with sideskirts, but not using the side fenders, to try to keep it simple. Problem is, just read here in the forum and other places that Veilside went broken. So i just would like to know if this is true.
Also, is Intense still shipping? And in worst case scenario, are there any good replicas out there? (like from KnightRacer for example).

Hello, thank you for your question. Unfortunately I cannot answer it as I do have the correct information.

But feel free to post pics of your car in Portugal.

dkmura 09-25-2015 04:23 PM

Welcome- your plan to use a Veilside V3 bodykit for the street is misguided, These expensive fiberglass body pieces will not stand up to prolonged daily street use. You're better off looking for body kits made of urethane for such an application.

StevSam 09-25-2015 05:49 PM

^
Agreed, especially the front bumper. really make sure that the material it is made out of is polyurethane. I have about 9 months driving with my v2 front bumper and no complaints.

Welcome to my350z and good luck!!

Dymsi 09-26-2015 03:08 AM

So i guess a replica like this (http://www.knightracer.com/shop/inde...roduct_id=2335) is not a good idea, and there are no Veilside replicas that can be used daily, right? :c

Worst situation, i might actually not use a bodykit and go with a lip. In that case, i might hold off on the bodykit. Any one knows any simple bodykits?(something not to "abused" i guess. Want to keep it clean).

dkmura 09-26-2015 05:58 AM

Do a search and look at the Aerosync bumper. They're relatively cheap, available and most importantly, durable.

terrasmak 09-26-2015 12:44 PM

I highly suggest you look for something that is not as long nosed for daily. Also with Fiberglass I highly suggest buying two bumpers at a time, spares are great to have.

Dymsi 09-27-2015 06:21 AM

First, thanks for all the answers.

So, i did took a look at the Aerosync bumper. I kinda like it, as it is simple. Right now it is definitly a possibility, but i have to see if it looks good with a license plate (front license plates are mandatory here).

Also, the car is my only car, but i only use it like 2/3 times a week, and on the weekends. Alot of time i dont have the need to use it, has i walk alot (small city). The most use i give it is definitly in the weekend for a relax drive.
Also, concerning the size, i dont feel like it would be a problem. I guess the only problem that im concern with the veilside bodykit is really the durability.

Also, are there any known problems with the veilside v3 spoiler?

dkmura 09-27-2015 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Dymsi (Post 10657454)
Also, concerning the size, i dont feel like it would be a problem. I guess the only problem that im concern with the veilside bodykit is really the durability.

Also, are there any known problems with the veilside v3 spoiler?

It's not the size of the front bumper, but rather the overhang. A longer nose will result in more contact with the roadway, particularly over uneven road surfaces. Even with weekend drives, you will likely damage the Veilside kit beyond usefulness inside of a year.

As for your second question, do you mean the Veilside V3 front splitter or the rear spoiler?

Dymsi 09-29-2015 07:41 AM

^^^^ I've gotten to my sences. Your right, and right now its not a good moment to spend bad money, so for now, the veilside bodykit is a no go. Looking into the aerosync and some other options right now.

Im refering to the rear spoiler.

dkmura 09-29-2015 08:26 AM

Good to hear you've come to a better decision on your Z. As for the Veilside V3 rear spoiler, it's expensive, hard to get and dysfunctional on the 350Z. Here's a pic of my Z with a simpler body package (Aerosync front, NISMO V2 sideskirts and OEM rear spoiler):

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....ede03cb345.jpg

This body kit has been on for almost eight years with few problems.

stogey420time 09-29-2015 09:46 AM

The Veilside V3 kit is way too flashy... if you do not have the supporting mod, it will look ricey (subjective). Simple and clean is the best way to approach any exterior modification, nice work dkmura!

Dymsi 09-29-2015 10:26 AM

My idea with the bodykit was somewhat quite simple (i wouldnt use the side over fenders). But taking what dkmura said, its probably better to get something else.
Ill be looking for a spoiler as close looking as possible to the veilside v3 one.

Also, to dkmura, your 350z indeed looks amazing. Real simple. May i ask how you got the sideskirst? I maybe also interested in some nismo parts...

stogey420time 09-29-2015 10:45 AM

See pic below, the V3 wing is gigantic... another bad move but new members/owners tend to like this kit. Either way don't let our opinions stop you from doing what you want to your car... GL

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z....d20365c3ab.jpg

Dymsi 09-29-2015 11:32 AM

^^^ I mean a wing like that. There are spoilers close to that, but not has big. And i actually like the wing, as i've seen some worse (dont worry, i respect your opinion). But like i said, im still trying to decide... I find the wing not that "ricey" (i dont like that word, has it may have alot of different meanings). But if the wing is not trustable in terms of durability, then i should consider...