Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED light strip for breaks and turn sig

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 03:28 PM
codylangan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED light strip for breaks and turn sig

I have an 08 350z. I purchased a LED light strip that connects to the break lights, turn signals, hazards, and reverse lights. Where would be the easiest place to attach the wiring harness? Thank you so much for your help!!!!
Old 10-18-2017, 10:22 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Why? The third brake light is already there, and do you really need to duplicate that and the signals? If you're really in need of such a thing, you can just tap into the existing third brake light, but it will take a lot of extra wiring to connect the signals. Just run everything in parallel.

One of my cars is an '85 Euro-market BMW 635 CSi, and as such, it didn't have the third brake light. I installed one of these (probably the same one you have) at the top edge if the rear window, but only wired the brake light function. IMO, people have become accustomed to the third light, and to not have one is a safety issue.

Amazon Amazon
Old 10-22-2017, 10:26 AM
tatoy94

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im guessing youare adding a alternating LED that goes RED and YELLOW (not white)

the best wiring would really depend on where you are playing the LED or LED(s). the easiest to access is the third breaking light (less things to take off-put back)