Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trunk Carpet Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 08:27 AM
sebby_z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trunk Carpet Issue

Hey guys, I have a question that is probably self explanatory but I'm just having a brain fart. So for my 2003 350z, the trunk has a carpet but it is very flimsy (not the one with rubber molding underneath). So it slides around and half of the time it's out of place which is pretty annoying.
If I have anything in my trunk, when my items slide to the left of my car they fall underneath the carpet near the spare tire area due to the fact that there is nothing holding up the carpet on the left side. All I see is the 4-speaker bose AMP. My friend has a 2005 350z and has this spacer trim piece. But i'm not sure if this piece will fit in my car due to the fact that the amp is there.

SPACER TRIM

I just don't want to purchase this trim piece if it's not even going to be able to fit. Sorry for the silly question, just due to the fact that I am installing my subs and everything back there is just sliding and flimsy. Sorry for the noob question, I just cant find any pictures online of this piece INSIDE the car, I can only find this piece itself like the picture above!
Old 05-13-2018, 06:18 PM
achampagne

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

if you have a sub right there, then i would suggest getting a big piece of foam and cutting the shape that matches what you need.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:48 PM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

That piece should be there even if your car had the bose amp.
The amp fits underneath that foam piece
Old 05-14-2018, 05:09 AM
sebby_z33

Originally Posted by beezee
That piece should be there even if your car had the bose amp.
The amp fits underneath that foam piece
Thanks for the reply homie, are you positive? If so I’m going to order it right now. Thanks for the reply man
Old 05-14-2018, 05:13 AM
sebby_z33

Originally Posted by achampagne
if you have a sub right there, then i would suggest getting a big piece of foam and cutting the shape that matches what you need.
True, or I might just buy the piece because later on if I remove the subs I don’t want to have to fix it later on. And the sub is like behind the strut bar I’m not sure how to explain it.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:48 AM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Positive. I have an 05 that came with bose. 2 foams one on each side. The one on the passenger side looks different and holds the spare tire tools. The one pictured is the driver's side where the bose amp resides . There are 3 components of carpeting. A hard piece that sits directly on the foams indentations. A second soft one goes over before the topmost one
The following users liked this post:
sebby_z33 (05-14-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 07:07 PM
sebby_z33

Originally Posted by beezee
Positive. I have an 05 that came with bose. 2 foams one on each side. The one on the passenger side looks different and holds the spare tire tools. The one pictured is the driver's side where the bose amp resides . There are 3 components of carpeting. A hard piece that sits directly on the foams indentations. A second soft one goes over before the topmost one
Awesome beezee, I'm going to order it right now. Thanks man! Shouts out to you