Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing Splash Shield (ZSpeed or TBW)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 06:39 AM
myrddin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unsure on the liners, I think they are slightly deformed due to the way the PO installed the CF lip. The holes I think are perfect, as is everything in the panel. Yes on the two bolts, that’s why I thought I’d try it. It will be nice to have full access to the back half.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:02 AM
Uncle 'B'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd like to know how high the car needs to be jacked up to swing the service panel down and remove it.
If the tires were just a couple inches off the ground, would that be high enough?
Also, can you comment on the fitment of the joint between the main panel and the service panel. Could it be sort of rattly or is it somehow secured or in enough of a bind (for the lack of a better term) to keep it solid and quiet?
Bryan
Old 11-14-2018, 09:09 AM
myrddin

Uncle_B, I will test the access panel out this weekend (I had it up ramps and it had plenty of room - Unsure of the minimum amount to get it open)... I will say this, if it were any lower than what I had it,I couldn't fit under the car any way... so all depends on what your after. As far as the hinge area for the access door... where it inserts into the panel it seemed plenty tight to me, I had same concern... I tapped it a bit with my hand and didnt see any concerns... Thinking it will be fine... but time will tell.
The following users liked this post:
Uncle 'B' (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 06:22 PM
Infamous_Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if the TBW undershroud will fit the Zspeed extension panel for NISMO V3 bumpers?
Old 11-15-2018, 10:40 AM
myrddin

Originally Posted by Uncle 'B'
I'd like to know how high the car needs to be jacked up to swing the service panel down and remove it.
If the tires were just a couple inches off the ground, would that be high enough?
Also, can you comment on the fitment of the joint between the main panel and the service panel. Could it be sort of rattly or is it somehow secured or in enough of a bind (for the lack of a better term) to keep it solid and quiet?
Bryan

ok so I took some time while on my lunch and decided to check so e if this out for you.

1. If I tap all around the panel I can get a few spots to rattle, it’s faint and I can’t say you would hear it if you were not right next to the panel... I guess you could do something to sound deaden it from the top side if it were audible? I’m not doing anything because I don’t think it’s a concern.

2. On the access panel, I am unsure of the minimum amount to lift the car to open the door. I had intended to measure the door once I opened it but my lunch seemed a bit rushed and I forgot to do it. But just so you know, the access door slides off, it’s not a hinge it’s slotted and you just remove it. So even if it were only a few inches off the ground you can remove the two bolts and slide it off.

Few more pics:

Last edited by myrddin; 11-15-2018 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:40 PM
Uncle 'B'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Omg myrddin, thanks for checking that out for us.
The extra pics really show how much more access there is with the Z1 shield.
I'm sold. My splash shield is beat to s**t and needs to be replaced anyway
Old 11-17-2018, 02:11 AM
myrddin

no problem buddy...
​​​​​​​
Old 11-19-2018, 05:44 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by Infamous_Z
Does anyone know if the TBW undershroud will fit the Zspeed extension panel for NISMO V3 bumpers?
all interchangeable, that include swapping in OEM parts